For all those giving DJI a hard time over the X5 Osmo Adapter
12Next >
3314 40 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

I just wanted to point out that I think the community should be a bit pashent because the NAB will be aproching soon and I am sure DJI will have some big anouncements at their booth.  I for one am so excited that I don't know if I can wate before the NAB or if I should buy now.  The Osmo is ground braking and we all know that.  and the fact that we can even attach the Zenmuse X5 on the Osmo is mind blowing because of how far we have come with camera technoligy.  I am pretty sure we can wait till the 2016 NAB show which is right around the coner.  I am now a DJI fan and I think I will stick around for a while as long as they keep innovating and blowing my mind.  

Yours truly...  

#LeaveBritneyAlone
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your DJI love, it's coming shortly
That's funny the hashtag thing, I actually knew her briefly.
2015-12-30
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-30 12:46
Thanks for your DJI love, it's coming shortly
That's funny the hashtag thing, I actually knew her ...

The industry is a small world.  When your in the industry  you see a lot of celebrities but they are just people.  As far as the fame thing I am rather neutral about her. However,  I geek out at the sci fi stuff tho.  Might scream like a school girl around Joss whedon I think.  
2015-12-30
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken  ....... again... WHEN  .?????? some clients waits since the first day of the osmo.....Should we gaback to gopro ?.
2015-12-31
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

Oh - you haven´t got your Osmo yet? Well that explains a lot...
But I am sure I can help you - go get your Osmo now and try to use it in a somewhat professional / useful way. And your "I am a DJI fan" disease will be cured right away.

You´re welcome.
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2015-12-31 18:04
DJI-Ken  ....... again... WHEN  .?????? some clients waits since the first day of the osmo.....Shoul ...

All we have been told is shortly. See what happens at CES.
2015-12-31
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2015-12-31 07:14
All we have been told is shortly. See what happens at CES.

DJI-Ken I have a question for you.  Does DJI favor CES more then NAB for new announcements?  
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

trip3980 Posted at 2015-12-31 23:36
DJI-Ken I have a question for you.  Does DJI favor CES more then NAB for new announcements?

I have no clue how any of those things work, you would have to ask someone from sales or marketing about that. Those departments are not at my location.
2015-12-31
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Never heard so much garbage! We did not tell ourselves, since October 8th, that the X5 and the Osmo were compatible. It would be mind blowing if it were true but, as yet, it is not. You cannot tell people something is here, then ask for 4 months worth of patience once they've spent thousands of pounds on it! If pre-orders are what you are after, then you should just say so
2016-1-2
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

RE : DJI-Ken ....... "I am not in the engineering department " ,"I am not in the  sales or marketing department" ... Where R U ???? bla bla dpt ???
2016-1-2
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-1-2 23:45
RE : DJI-Ken ....... "I am not in the engineering department " ,"I am not in the  sales or marketing ...

he is a filmmaker extraordinar.     
2016-1-3
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

You must be new to DJI tech? NAB comes around and they will announce the X5 adapter will be released Q1of 2017 and they are taking preorders for the thermal cameras that will ship out in Q5 of 2017
2016-1-3
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

trip3980 Posted at 2016-1-3 15:57
he is a filmmaker extraordinar.

I don't understand what your take is. You don:t work for DJI, and you haven't spent over 2 grand on a handle kit and an X5, so why would YOU be asking for patience????
2016-1-3
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-4 04:43
I don't understand what your take is. You don:t work for DJI, and you haven't spent over 2 grand o ...

Because I know about the tech and I am for one waiting for the tech to be updated.  I do a lot of research before I buy tech plus I advise people to buy equipment so my ability to make educated decisions doesn't just impact me but the people whom I work with.  Also experience tells me that the first release almost always has serious bugs.  and the DJI OSMO does have its share but if they can impress me on this next release I will most likely buy it.  Besides patience is a virtue.      And believe me when the OSMO came out i was looking at advising my clients to buy an expensive black magic setup but after seeing the OSMO I think this is the future so I have proposal on hold for the time being.  I see the OSMO as a pro camera rig that can be used for live broadcast events hence why I am so active in the forums here because this is where I am placing my bets for the future of film-making and content creation.  Hopefully DJI will take my ideas to heart as I know it will impact the community positively and that is something I am willing to wait on.  the sad part is sometimes I wait and camera companies do fail me so I have to move on but hopefully DJI won't fail me on this next build.   I still remember when I bought the canon xha1 and I thought that was the ticket then the canon 60D came out with the magic lantern firmwhere hack.  I sold the canon xha1 and bought the canon 60D never looked back sense.  I think and hope the osmo will fit that same boat in servicing me as a content creator.  But CES is around the corner in a few days so I am crossing my fingers.  

2016-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

What dept at dji do you work at, public relation manager?
2016-1-4
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

I kind of expected the DJI forum to be moderated by a DJI employee - Preferably product managers for the different product lines.  DJI-Ken seems to be doing this as a volunteer.  The competition out there - Blackmagic & FreeflySystems among them have track records of proactively notifying buyers with explanations for delays or shortcomings... it's kind of what forums are for, or at least private mailing lists we can join.  I really want to know if I am looking at a totally new handle for the Osmo X5 or a 1 year wait or both... everyone has a window to purchase...
2016-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-3 00:44
Never heard so much garbage! We did not tell ourselves, since October 8th, that the X5 and the Osmo  ...

If you want to use your x5 on the osmo all you have to do is grind 2 mm of the mounting ring on your osmo and your x5 will fit and it will work with the go app, apature doesnt work in manual and go app is a little buggy but it does work pretty good.
2016-1-4
Use props
iphilms
lvl.2
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-4 16:46
If you want to use your x5 on the osmo all you have to do is grind 2 mm of the mounting ring on yo ...

do you have any photos or videos of your hacked X5 osmo?
2016-1-4
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

iphilms@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-4 20:01
do you have any photos or videos of your hacked X5 osmo?

Theres a how to video on youtube, just came out today
2016-1-4
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2016-1-5 01:04
Theres a how to video on youtube, just came out today

I saw it.....thanks, but many functions don't work, and it nullifies your warranty (for what that's worth).
I think i might just try and return all of my gear. They have never been used.
The DJI worker's post is stupid! It addresses everything except the obvious question we are asking:

HOW THE HELL CAN YOU ADVERTISE THE HANDLE KIT AND X5 AS COMPATIBLE, THEN STILL NOT HAVE THEM AS COMPATIBLE THREE MONTHS LATER?????
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-5 14:46
I saw it.....thanks, but many functions don't work, and it nullifies your warranty (for what that' ...

The sales page have a note for that handle kit.
QQ图片20160105110236.jpg
2016-1-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 08:41
The sales page have a note for that handle kit.

You disappoint me DJI- Amy, although your response is entirely predictable.

So your legitimacy is in the small print, eh?

The Osmo has also advertised this, " The Osmo is also compatible with the all-new Zenmuse X5 series of cameras, bringing you highly stabilized imaging with all the benefits of a large M4/3 sensor".
It also says, 'Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately'. (Lie).

You and I both know, as with my post on here (titled 'When will the Osmo X5 adaptor become available') which you personally responded to - that i did indeed see that, ONLY AT THE POINT OF SALE, and quoted it "Zenmuse X5 cameras require an adaptor for use with Osmo that is sold separately. This adaptor will be available soon".

At that time, we had DJI Candice confirming the X5 adaptor would be available in November. (Please see Dave Rs post, entitled 'X5 adaptor due November').

Unsure at all the misinformation, I posted mine a month after buying, asking for some clarity on what 'soon' meant.

YOU responded, and I quote, "The R&D are preparing for the compatible firmware, since I can't give you the exact date of release, I can only tell you that it will be available next month. I am sorry for the inconvenience caused."    -DJI-Amy, 2015-11-19.

Knowing this, i find it highly dishonorable that YOU, of all people, will reply to me quoting the same 'soon' as YOU clarified with December in the first place!

It is January 2016 now, 3 months after the ad and two months after my post, so tell me - are we back to 'soon' from here on in? Does that mean that you will use 'SOON' as your answer, after 4 months, 5 months and 6 months, and that all the other claims of compatibility are just sales talk, intended to unscrupulously make money of us???

What time-frame constitutes 'soon' to you? How long needs to pass until it is no longer 'soon'?????
2016-1-5
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-5 20:49
You disappoint me DJI- Amy, although your response is entirely predictable.

So your legitimacy is  ...

Chubauk,

unfortunately - I have to fully agree to your statement.
Amys statements (and others) are very predictable, don´t offer any useful help, deny obvious bugs, keep starting over discussions even though they should know better etc etc.

Either they are really that unexperienced and naive not knowing about their own products or techniques at all, or they are well trained PR-trolls doing nothing else than putting users off and trying to keep the customer mob calm and patient. I really can´t tell?!

And then they wonder why users like Noflyzone69 go crazy and language gets more and more agressive...
2016-1-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

martin94b Posted at 2016-1-5 13:03
Chubauk,

unfortunately - I have to fully agree to your statement.

They know. They are not at all naive.
I learned that with the handle kit scenario. More than 6 weeks had passed. They all knew no handle kits had been sent out, yet they went through the laughable rigmarole of asking customers for their order numbers. Those within the 6 weeks they referred to the '30 working days' on their website, and all those that had ordered more than 30 days ago they gave a ridiculous 'handle kits are in short supply' response, when NOBODY had received one.

There is no naivety here.....just stalling tactics. A reputable firm would have issued a blanket statement, respectfully keeping their paying customers informed, rather than drip-feeding irate customers for damage limitation.

Their hands are tied. They need to earn a living - I get that, but the way customers are treated here is nothing short of disgusting.

They string you along, then deny all responsibility afterwards. "I'm not from Sales", "I'm not from Engineering",  "I'm not from Research and Development"......"I tell you stuff, but I'm not worth listening to!"

The only real thing is the money everyone pays.
Soon can mean days or even weeks, but not months, and definitely not Quarters. In the fast-developing world of technology, years are like dogs years, and in a calculated attempt to beat the competition, they have resorted to this!

Whatever happened to making something work, before telling everybody it works?

Why should i be checking a bloody website, day in, day out, FOR MONTHS to see if an adapter is available?

2016-1-5
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

No more comment.....
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2016-1-4 01:59
You must be new to DJI tech? NAB comes around and they will announce the X5 adapter will be released ...

Totally wrong,
As far as the X5/Osmo adapter, see my precious post "see what happens at CES"
And I am a DJI employee.
2016-1-5
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 19:44
Totally wrong,
As far as the X5/Osmo adapter, see my precious post "see what happens at CES"
And I ...

If the adapter was to be released at CES, then why would you not tell your paying public this for 3 months????

What's with the guessing games?

Are we children?

If your advertisement claiming compatibility with the X5 had said the adaptor would be available after next January, I would have bought in October neither the handle kit (which I've only actually had for 2 weeks!) nor the X5 (which has been sat there since October), but then again, that's the whole point, isn't it?

I've been sucked in! I'm an idiot!......Never again.

I've only ever asked for REAL information, mate, so just tell me who I should listen to:
Should I listen to you as a DJI employee, and not to DJI-Candice, or DJI-Amy.

I'm confused and losing the will to live, here. I have the handle kit and I have the X5, now I must wait for a show i have no interest in attending to find out when they can be used together, as advertised at the beginning nof last October???? It's a bloody adaptor, for Christ's sake - not a Gimbal or a Drone! Are we unveiling adaptors now?
Please appreciate, Ken my frustrations are not aimed at you personally, but this is NOT the way to do business.

2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-6 05:50
If the adapter was to be released at CES, then why would you not tell your paying public this for 3 ...

Trust me, I 100% understand your frustrations. Again, all we have been told is shortly and with CES, maybe that's where it will be shown but I don't know for sure.
3 years ago I bought into Elio motors and expected delivery 1 year ago holding off on buying a commuter vehicle. I'm still waiting for that dang thing.
2016-1-5
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken  ..... "we have been told is shortly " WHO ????  "maybe that's where it will be show"  ... maybe..."I don't know for sure." ....This is all the problem !!!!
One thing is sure : WE HAVE PAID THE OSMO AND THE X5 BASED ON ONE THING : BOTH CAN WORK TOGETHER ! THIS IS NOT THE CASE !!!!
We do not care about your exeprience with Elio motors .... we only care about the money we put on the DJI product !  So if you do not know.... do not speak !
It was the same story with the Phatom ... lot of bla bla... frustration ... again with the Inspire 1 ....
One day DJI will pay the fact that they think that   costumers are here only to pay ....
2016-1-5
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 06:04
Trust me, I 100% understand your frustrations. Again, all we have been told is shortly and with CE ...

"Trust me"

No. Not at all.
Trust has to be earned.
And DJI lost all business confidence by whats going on with the Osmo for months now.

I can only 100% agree to pocketpc.
Lots of vague BlaBla and nothing precise or reliable or anything which actually helps frustrated customers.
2016-1-5
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 06:04
Trust me, I 100% understand your frustrations. Again, all we have been told is shortly and with CE ... ...

Ah ah ah !! So.....DJI-Ken ???? Where is the Adaptor ????????
2016-1-8
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

Chat this morning with DJI :
"
Calvin
hello

toto@aol.com
Do you know when the X5 adaptor for osmo will be on the market ?

Calvin
It may release in March

toto@aol.com
????????

We are waiting since October !!!!!!"
2016-1-9
Use props
iphilms
lvl.2
United States

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-1-9 12:09
Chat this morning with DJI :
"
Calvin

It "may release in March" ???? What kind of answer is that? It was suppose to be released in December, then maybe at CES, now maybe March? Then when March comes, maybe in the summer ?
2016-1-10
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

@iphilms  : I think that DJI plays with there clients.... As always.. no communucation...lot of demo and advertising....but finaly : Nothing : no product....and Frustration. I have sold my DJI equipment (S1000, Inspire1 and osmo). I m looking 4  more serious people. And may be it s time to say (over tweeter, facebook...) Which kind of guys are dji people......
2016-1-10
Use props
Jwmulcahey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396142 ft
United States

Im so tired of waiting  for this adapter that I'm highly considering voiding my warranty to get the dang thing on there and hope its good enough to film with. We have been waiting far too long for this, they showed it at CES so how in the world does it take that long to mass produce and put out the software update. IF it does get announced in March it'll have the 1 month shipping time from the time of order just like everything else. I'm already regretting buying the Osmo handle for the X5.
2016-1-10
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

Welcome in DJI's word....Be patient.... pay and pay !
2016-1-11
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

martin94b Posted at 2015-12-31 22:41
Oh - you haven´t got your Osmo yet? Well that explains a lot...
But I am sure I can help you - go g ...

I was waiting for CES but obviously DJI doesn't care about consumer sanctification when producing a good product hell I bet they didn't have pros give honest opinions and feedback about the product before they shipped it out.  at least it seem that way.  Reminds me of when the blackberry storm came out.  Very sad how some companies completely ignore the consumer and they wonder why they loose their ass in the market place.  Price, quality and service is consumers priority.  DJI got price down but they don't seem to have the other aspects down.  DJI has cool stuff and ideas but if they don't build with consumers in mind they will be left in the dust in a few years because we all know the drone market is extremity competitive.  
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

Osmo X5 adapter IS HERE ! ! !

http://store.dji.com/product/osmo-x5-adapter
Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 6.18.55 AM.png
2016-4-15
Use props
phillipbeebe