Should I buy a P3P or wait ??
1666 14 2015-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

I  really got the bug, ( and now the cash as well)  to upgrade from my P2. My question is :
Since the weather here in Pennsylvania will not be ideal for flying,  for at least 3 -4 months, should I upgrade to the P3P in April , or perhaps wait for the Phantom 4 ??

I'm not sure when the new model will come out, but I'm betting that it will be not only better than the P3P, but most likely will stay priced about the same as the model it replaced.
One thing to consider is that if I continue to wait for latest & greatest, I'll never buy one.
Any thoughts
2015-12-30
Use props
me
Second Officer
Flight distance : 396398 ft
United Kingdom

not heard of any new model coming ?  tend to get a sniff if their is something coming in the forums, as you said if you wait you will keep on waiting, i was like that and went for the p3p and have never looked
back, its awesome, just get an extra battery and i also got the backpack for if you go out got for the day you can just take it with you, i even take the dog for long walks and take it just incase lol
other options are when you get up to speed is the sunguard and filters are a must
good luck

2015-12-30
Use props
GTDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2197703 ft
Guatemala

Nice question ,  
its depend of the price , but if the phantom 3 still the same price on April or  wait for the phantom 3 you have an amazing quad the phantom 2 with no restrictions,
now the phantom 3 has altitude restriction , also  descending speed ,  i know that is for precaution but we don't like limitations

Why can fly during those months ?  rainy ,  snow windy ?
2015-12-30
Use props
Jack Fedele
lvl.2

United States

Wait for the Phantom 4, then buy the P3 at half the price it is now.
2015-12-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since you can't fly for 3 or 4 months, look what's available then, Possibly some really cool stuff.
2015-12-30
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

I'd wait, given that you won't fly it much & you already have a P2.  They'll only get cheaper and/or better package deals.
2015-12-30
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-12-30
Use props
info
Second Officer

United States

Another thought, wait for a company other than DJI to come out with a product designed for paying customers to use instead of debug.

Customers are NOT beta testers DJI.
2015-12-30
Use props
kjmarsola
lvl.3
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-30 17:06
What part of PA do you live in? I would buy now as im sure future models are going to have serious l ...

Thanks for the replies, I'm located in beautiful Northeastern  PA
2015-12-30
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GTDrone Posted at 2015-12-31 08:14
Nice question ,  
its depend of the price , but if the phantom 3 still the same price on April or  w ...

"you have an amazing quad the phantom 2 with no restrictions,
now the phantom 3 has altitude restriction , also  descending speed ,  i know that is for precaution but we don't like limitations "

Do you know the P3 will descend 50% faster than the P2?

For the OP:
The P3 is 10x better than the P2 in pretty well every respect.
It was a huge leap beyond the P2 series.
The P4 may be better in some ways but it's unlikely to be such a big advance.
The P3 platform still has a lot of life in it.
2015-12-30
Use props
DillPickleAdil
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184577 ft
Canada

info@coastodian Posted at 2015-12-30 17:56
Another thought, wait for a company other than DJI to come out with a product designed for paying cu ...

What a stupid comment.
2015-12-30
Use props
perseas
lvl.3

Greece

I thought the same with you, and trying to find the reason of his bitter comment, I searched his posts and  read his last experiences with DJI. So, I know why he is so upset right now. Under the same cirmucstances,  I would be upset too.
2015-12-31
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-12-31 07:01
Im over in Jefferson county. Not too shabby here either.

That should be a beautiful area to fly in.  I'm in Erie Pa but occasionally make it down to Cook Forest or Brookville in the summer.  I just picked up a P3P and so far I am having a blast.  
2015-12-31
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2015-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules