How does the iOS Autopilot for DJI app compare to the DJI Go app?
3293 7 2015-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lexnasser
New
United States

I was browsing the Apple App Store and I discovered the Autopilot for DJI app. It costs $30 compared to the DJI Go app for free. Please keep in mind that I am speaking in terms of the Phantom 3 (Standard). Is the Autopilot app worth it?
2015-12-31
Use props
jlspitler
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48130 ft

United States

I don't think the Autopilot supports the standard. A lot of these apps aren't supporting our standard.
2015-12-31
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

The SDK doesn't support the P3 Standard yet.
2016-1-2
Use props
bgill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 278914 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I use it with the Inspire and I can only say it is outstanding what Auto Flight Logic has put together.
I downloaded the new App yesterday and tested the new Waypoint flight control mode.
Here is the test result of a rather simple flightpath with 3 focus points blending in each other:

To answer the question at the beginning of the thread - the DJI GO App is great for flying and taking shots or simple videos. It is easy to use and DJI improves the app on an ongoing basis.
But when it comes complex flying patterns combined with complex camera movements then there is no way around Autopilot. It enhances the capabilities of the Inspire in a unique way.
Also look at the training videos of Auto Flight Logic.

I believe the 30$ are very good invest once the enhanced functionality of Autopilot is desired.
2016-1-5
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Doesn't support Inspire 1 Pro either. It took me a day to fiddle around with it then about an hr of trying to connect to discover that all the discussion about Inspire 1 did not refer to Inspire 1 Pro. Also the user interface is not the same as the tutorial videos. After hrs of frustrated trying I found it very difficult to find a remote location and setup/plan a simple Zipline with the camera focused on a building. It keeps jumping around and when I try to position the focus point it always ends up at my current location. I was not happy with the time wasted. Not sure I'd trust my $6000 machine just yet. Looks like it has potential but a way to go yet. V3 seems much more stable interface, seems easier to use.
2016-1-5
Use props
SHamers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1001020 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

It looks a application with a lot of functions. :-). For sure you can do everything with it but I red that with a connection-lost (RC) the mission is stopped and the RTH function is breaking in. To be honest I don't like that.

But this is my personal opinion - Losing RC signal is always possible by external factors or distance.

....but the app looks for pro's
2016-1-6
Use props
boxerman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

autoflightlogic Posted at 2016-1-2 14:55
The SDK doesn't support the P3 Standard yet.

Bingo.  I'm sure you guys will support everything their SDK will.  BTW - I think the version 3.0 Autopilot on my P3A is nothing short of fantastic.  It does have a learning curve, but well worth it for serious videographers.  The ability to save, share, edit, duplicate the waypoint sessions is wonderful.  Thanks and keep it up!
2016-1-6
Use props
autoflightlogic
lvl.2

United States

boxerman Posted at 2016-1-6 16:37
Bingo.  I'm sure you guys will support everything their SDK will.  BTW - I think the version 3.0 A ...

Thanks!

Inspire 1 Pro and Phantom 3 Standard support is in the final phase of internal testing. Remember to sign-up for the best test if you want early access.

2016-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules