United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
skydancer11
lvl.1

Israel

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-12 16:25
That was EXACTLY correct. And a consortium would have lowered the chance that one company, DJI in  ...

Hi Guys,  since version 2.5 i Can't fly no more, my entire city (Tel Aviv) become NFZ. This is  absurd!I owned 2 phantom's 3 pro, Can't fly them unless i'll go for 40 minute drive
Photos of before  / after :
IMG_0036.jpg

after 2.5

after 2.5
2016-1-12
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

skydancer11 Posted at 2016-1-12 15:28
Hi Guys,  since version 2.5 i Can't fly no more, my entire city (Tel Aviv) become NFZ. This is  ab ...

Try this

1. Please connect mobile device to the Internet.
2. Turn on craft and should be on P-GPS mode, please make sure craft has solid GPS lock.
3. Please make sure that RC and mobile device is connected to craft..

Wait for 1-5 min, and try to reboot the App to check.

It seems to have been a server side issue that has been fixed..
2016-1-12
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

aksummit Posted at 2016-1-11 22:39
The entire matsu valley is Yellow zoned. I am not sure where you are talking about.

You must be not be  running the the newest software update as of 1-11-16. in my version there is no yellow @ this time. There are just red zones at the major airports.Hopefully it will stay this way.

Mats

Mats
2016-1-12
Use props
TheDroneRanger
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I get the circles around airports and military bases but what are the huge blocks of yellow for? Does anyone know what they are meant to be protecting?
2016-1-12
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Brendan Schulma Posted at 2016-1-11 04:16
When you bought the P3, it came with No Fly Zone that includes places where you cannot fly.  That  ...

However, there are now many more "restriction" zones that we have to self-authorize. Take York, UK as an example. There's a huge area covered by a single authorization zone. That covers many areas that are not actually regulated by the CAA. So it seems a little absurd to prompt the user to get authorization before flying there, because from whom do we need to get "permission"?

I understand the logic behind the system, however I think it needs to be very carefully controlled. Take the following instance:

Imagine there is an airfield owned by Mr. A, with a legally enforced no-fly zone around it of 200m.
DJI GEO-fence is usually over-cautious, and will mark this area as a 500m radius, for example.
I can legally fly from 200m+ away from the airfield. Therefore, I legally do not require permission. However, I must now apparently request permission to fly in an area I do not intend to fly in. This data presumably gets sent to Mr A, which appears as though I requested to fly in his 200m legally enforced airspace, however where I really wanted to fly was 300m away, which was perfectly legal. Mr A now contacts the authorities and I get in trouble.

Please consider the many scenarios in which this could be problematic. I'm a safe operator, as many of us are, but we're now subject to restrictions which are of questionable benefit (see the above example, where my "authorization" was meaningless). You must also see that the regulations surrounding the use of drones has not changed (at least not here in the UK), yet those who do not regulate the airspace have now made flying these machines more effort.

Why not just present the user with a popup: "You are flying in a warning zone. Click OK to acknowledge responsibility"

I feel this approach will do nothing to stop the careless operators from flying where they want. It's as effective as a popup message, but more restrictive.

At the very least, remove the authorization timeout. What if I have to travel 3 days to get somewhere? What if I'll be without internet for a week while trekking?
2016-1-12
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Brendan Schulma Posted at 2016-1-11 04:31
"This GEO Fence may actually benefit me a little.  I live near an airport and am not able to fly i ...

"I think the main concern we have heard is how off-line unlocking will work (i.e. without an internet connection), especially for spontaneous flights, and I can say that we are working on various options.  Thank you."

Thank you, this would be excellent
2016-1-12
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

TheDroneRanger Posted at 2016-1-12 16:47
I get the circles around airports and military bases but what are the huge blocks of yellow for? Doe ...

Exactly this! Apologies for the multiple replies in succession. But these huge areas are somewhat concerning.

I have noticed the ones in the Highlands match with some RAF training airspace that is open to civilian users at certain times.
2016-1-12
Use props
rb.wilkinson
New

United Kingdom

TheDroneRanger Posted at 2016-1-12 16:47
I get the circles around airports and military bases but what are the huge blocks of yellow for? Doe ...

They are AIAAs, Area of Intensive Aerial Activity.

These are areas where raf and similar train. They are not prohibited areas for civilian pilots and civilian pilots do not, I believe, need to notify anyone of their intention to fly in these areas. I have seen none advice from flying clubs for AIAAs as being "keep a sharp lookout".

To me these areas should be green in GEO.
2016-1-12
Use props
americanrawlins
lvl.2

United States

andrewhartung@y Posted at 2016-1-12 15:35
Here is the problem for me. I live in Alaska. If you know anything about Alaska you know there are l ...

All of us should contact apple about the "up front issues" when uploading the app. They take their apps very serious.
2016-1-12
Use props
Vofar
New

United States

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-12 07:36
Try this

Using the DJI Go app to connect to the DJI website cleared the lock out for me.
2016-1-12
Use props
Beau
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345092 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just adding more fuel to the fire...I live near the largest air harbor around, and it's not on their list lol. Good for me!
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
Oliver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Brendan Schulma Posted at 2016-1-11 04:31
"This GEO Fence may actually benefit me a little.  I live near an airport and am not able to fly i ...

Another thought from earlier: most drone flights are not planned. You drive to a rough area, then you get out and film. There are many legal places to fly, but the authorization zones cover them up needlessly. As such, we cannot simply arrive at a location and film, we'd have to know exactly where we're going first. This kills a big part of the hobby
2016-1-12
Use props
bjwinspect
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1768576 ft
United States

I am not understanding how to clear a NFZ.   I see reference to the DJI flight planner, but have not found it.   

Currently I am locked out and can't fly with one iPad

With another iPad I am not locked out of the area.

The App is updated on both iPads, I don't know why it would be this way.  How to you access the flight planner to authorize flying in No Fly Zones?

BJW.   Forest VA
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bjwinspect Posted at 2016-1-13 05:47
I am not understanding how to clear a NFZ.   I see reference to the DJI flight planner, but have not ...

The Beta app is fro Android.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Oliver Posted at 2016-1-13 05:11
Another thought from earlier: most drone flights are not planned. You drive to a rough area, then  ...

No you do not have to plan, you can pull up to wherever you want and can instantly get the authorization.
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

sploodge Posted at 2016-1-12 23:36
Try this

> It seems to have been a server side issue.

WOW!  Hell of a statement!

So the real question (not directed at you Sploodge) is how many more server issues should we all expect?

Do we ALL get grounded the minute a side server or access machine at DJI Decides to have a small hiccup, or Cough!?

What other Weak Links do we have in the chain!!!!!

I've voiced my concern about this same issue Many Times before!

So what happens if/when:
- Authorisation servers have to be brought down to do Sw updates or Maintenance.
- Authorisation servers are unavailable due to peaks in usage.
- Networks are down. Downlink or uplink LAN or WAN.
- if Servers suffer a hack or are compromised.

I have also proposed a solution! - if anybody at DJI have cared to read.

This System, as it currently been designed, has no redundancy!
The Statement by Sploodge Strongly reinforces that There has been Little Thought been given to the Way Geofence Has been implemented By DJI!

2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

Ken
It would help significantly and beyond for DJI to post a Sticky "in a hurry" for the how to's etc. including the difference between NFZ's, GeoFence etc...if one has superseded the other or not and or what the differences are and so on as there are references to both and frankly confusing to a lot of folks...
DJI have done a horrid job with this and it needs to be clarified/corrected/soonest,
Frankly if i were researching to buy and read the DJI forum in the past few days i would be running as fast as i could the other way....
That said, i have been contemplating another purchase and am now seriously rethinking it...
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 06:09
> It seems to have been a server side issue.

WOW!  Hell of a statement!

I totally agree with you, this has been beyond frustrating for many, especially those that do not have the time to surf this crap all day and figure it out, fortunately, guys like sploodge have got into the mix in a hurry and done some good for sure to try to help clear things up but there is still way too much confusion....
DJI...Drone up and rectify this.....
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-13 06:18
I totally agree with you, this has been beyond frustrating for many, especially those that do not  ...

Agreed - My question / post is not directed at Sploodge - I have read many posts from him and I know he has/is been extremely helpful.

I just though by Sploodge making the statement, he put a very Good Point across about one of the weak links with the GEO system.
2016-1-12
Use props
martijn.kriens
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112211 ft
Netherlands

rb.wilkinson@gm Posted at 2016-1-12 19:48
They are AIAAs, Area of Intensive Aerial Activity.

These are areas where raf and similar train.  ...

In preparation for a (normal plane) flight as a pilot you need to read the NOTAMs (Notice to Airmen). These NOTAMs the you if these areas (often military) are active or not. When they are active you are not allowed to fly there. In the air you can also ask the status from air traffic control however that is bad preparation.

DJI could automatically read the NOTAMs (they are publicly available in a standardised format) to determine if the are is active on a certain date (and make them red on others). However, that would still mean hat drone pilots need to check the site for availability. The app I use for flying a plane shows these notams in realtime on the map.
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:06
No you do not have to plan, you can pull up to wherever you want and can instantly get the authori ...

Ken Simple Question......:

So what do I do if i try to get "instantly"  Authorised and I have no cellular or wifi networks in the area?

[Hint] : if you look at some of my other posts you/DJI may come up with a "simple" answer on how to solve this problem!
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-13 06:14
Ken
It would help significantly and beyond for DJI to post a Sticky "in a hurry" for the how to's et ...

Northofthe49th,  Couldn't Agree with you More!!!!

2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 06:27
Ken Simple Question......:

So what do I do if i try to get "instantly"  Authorised and I have no  ...

I didn't know you were talking about no cell service. For that, then yes you would have to have a plan.
BUT, say your driving several hundred miles away and want to do some flying along the way. At home you can set up to 30 authorization zones and they're open for 3 days so just plot out your trip on the map and unlock what you need to and feel free to make it a huge area in case you veer off course.
Now is you need to do something out of the ordinary (like same camping spot with no service for a few weeks) you can email FlySafe@DJI.com and they may be able to accommodate you.
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 06:10
[dji-p3p1]: Deleted Duplicated Post

Go to "edit"
"advanced"
"additional options"
to completely delete the duplicate and tiplicates...
2016-1-12
Use props
Vofar
New

United States

bjwinspect Posted at 2016-1-12 13:47
I am not understanding how to clear a NFZ.   I see reference to the DJI flight planner, but have not ...

Connect your remote to your P3, and launch DJI Go, enter camera mode. go to General settings/about/website> then go to http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/unlock. You enter the zone you want to unlock on the map and add your date range and controller serial number at the bottom of the page. Authorize it with whichever method you prefer.
2016-1-12
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

I guess I am not understanding this either. This person said they can't fly with one iPad and they can with another both updated to 2.5.

And you respond with something about Android beta.

Can someone explain what is going on? I have an iPad updated to 2.5. What can I expect when I power everything up? Am I able to unlock a yellow zone or not immediately using firmware 1.6 app 2.5 on iOS? Or could I be possibly grounded unless I am using an Android device?

The non-communication and disjointed bits of information (mostly from users and not DJI) have me and many others very confused.

2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-13 06:41
They won't "accommodate" anything Ken. So stop throwing their email out there like it does anythin ...

If you email them I think you'd be surprised.
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:44
If you email them I think you'd be surprised.

Ive done that Ken, a week or so ago - haven't seen any response.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-13 06:36
I guess I am not understanding this either. This person said they can't fly with one iPad and they  ...

This link explains it. http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

The Beta aircraft firmware is 1.7, the Beta GO app is 2.4.4
Using both of these allow you to unlock the authorization zones. You can look at the map and see that there are barely and Red no fly zones. And there's lots of yellow authorization zones including just about every airport.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 06:48
Ive done that Ken, a week or so ago - haven't seen any response.

They will, or email them again. They are probably getting thousands of emails from users around the world.
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:33
I didn't know you were talking about no cell service. For that, then yes you would have to have a  ...

so what do you do if you get to said camping spot (did not know it did not have cell service),..How do you email DJI?

Sorry kids, got to pack the camper back up and drive 30 miles back to bfn to ask for permission to fly...
2016-1-12
Use props
aopisa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430686 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 17:50
This link explains it. http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system

The Beta aircraft firmware is 1.7, t ...

Ok, so I have read that already, but what does have to do with what is happening in the real world now tha 2.5 is released on both iOS and Android and appears to have geofencing enabled?

My impression that many are experiencing some kind of issue without the having the beta?

So , I may see a yellow zone today when I power up my aircraft with iOS 2.5 or not? If so, can I clear it? Or do I have to go and find an Android device and install the beta?

I am not getting it, sorry,
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:06
No you do not have to plan, you can pull up to wherever you want and can instantly get the authori ...

Hi Ken, Please read the scnerio below (in Blue) carefully and let us know how we can get "Instantly" Authorised...

Some of the BEST Photos/Videos I have Ever captured on the Phantom3 (as a photographer) are the Spontanious Shots!.

These include shots of moments when the Lighting is Perfect!........ Picture the Magical Moments when the sun is a Golden semicircle above the horizon Just Setting. - You have less than 3-5minutes to capture it!- Moments Like These CANNOT Be Planned in advance - most of the time these moments are in remote locations (many shaded yellow) with no cell/network connectivity....,

...... I never planned that i would be in this location , even earlier in the day (so I couldnt have possibly Authorised)..., Ive driven for many hundred of miles, ..But I’mThere Now! I’m possibly NEVER going to get the chance to capture this fabulous Sunset again!.... I’m ready to capture the Magic with my 4K camera on the P3......, Im within Regulations and The Battries are Fully Charged and Im Ready to Go!........, I Try To Take-Off.....,  But Wait, I Need to Authorise........,  I Have NO Network/Cell reception......., And the P3 Just Will Not Fly!........!! Picture the tear in my eye as I watch this Magical Sunset fade away, with nothing to capture it except the shitty camera on my phone!   

2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-13 06:52
so what do you do if you get to said camping spot (did not know it did not have cell service),..Ho ...

Check before you go if thee is service there. But to be safe, unlock the camping area before your trip.Or, don't download the Beta firmware.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

aopisa Posted at 2016-1-13 06:54
Ok, so I have read that already, but what does have to do with what is happening in the real world  ...

If you live by airports, in 2.5 you will see the airports in RED and you cannot fly in them.
If you install the Beta on the aircraft and in the app you will now see those airports is YELLOW, and all you have to do is unlock the airport (with your account info)
This way, if there were an incident and a pilot reported seeing a drone around the airport, if was a DJI drone and you are on that firmware they will know who it was who flew that drone where they should not have.
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 06:55
Hi Ken, Please read the scnerio below (in Blue) carefully and let us know how we can get "Instantly ...

Resurrect an old Phantom, get one one these adapters
http://dronexpert.nl/phantom-123-accessoires/
or similar and put a GoPro on it...Then fly it like you stole it whenever and wherever you want to.....

That's what i am in the process of working on...I don't need my hands tied..Unless she is cute!
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
lvl.4

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 06:55
Check before you go if thee is service there. But to be safe, unlock the camping area before your t ...

Not going to work....who the heck knows where they will be camping or ending up during the day for an outing..
I don't take my cell with me on holidays to go to work,
I take my toys on my holidays to escape work,
If my holidays become work because my toys won't work, they are no longer holidays,
I might as well just get a pine box...They're cheap now thanks to those damn Japanese Pine Beetles....
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules