Anyone using Galaxy Tab A or S2 ?
5649 14 2016-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Buretto
lvl.2

Australia

Hi guys,

Is anyone using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A or a Tab S2 for P3?
I am currently using my mob Galaxy S5 and it works great but can be difficult in sunlight. I would prefer to stick with Samsung and not go with Apple (not saying they arent good, just a preference).
Does the 9.7" fit in the RC holder and if not, does the 8" do the job?
Anyone using these Tabs?

Any advice appreciated.

2016-1-1
Use props
llarsen2.maine
lvl.2
Flight distance : 424797 ft
United States

i have the Galaxy Tab S2, 9.7", and it works great!  It just fits in the remote holder without a case. I tried to add a hard shell case to it, and it was just big enough that it wouldn't fit.  It works well, even in bright sunlight, and the large screen gives you a lot of real estate and  excellent video.  Works well with the new flight simulator as well.
2016-1-1
Use props
pi-inthesky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

You could also try TabS 10.5 You will have to remove the bottom jaw foam pad on the device holder to fit tight squeeze but well worth
2016-1-1
Use props
rahsr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42457 ft
United States

I have the Tab A 9.7 " and it works great right out of the box. It fits in the holder without any modifications, it is snug but fits. I haven't changed any settings or deleted any apps. There is a slight lag in the video feed and it is very slight. The only issue I found is that the follow me mode doesn't work. For some reason, the DJI Go app cannot get the GPS coordinates from the Tablet. (I know it isn't a Tablet issue because Litchi can get the coordinates and the Follow me works with Litchi) I would recommend this Tablet.
2016-1-1
Use props
deanmackness
New
Flight distance : 12575 ft
United Kingdom

pi-inthesky@hot Posted at 2016-1-1 17:48
You could also try TabS 10.5 You will have to remove the bottom jaw foam pad on the device holder to ...

Wow I'm gonna try this.  I was gutted when the 10.5 wouldn't fit. I been using an old Samsung S4 phone.
2016-1-1
Use props
agrimm01
lvl.2
United States

I have a Galaxy S5 which is of course too small of a screen.  I bought the TAB A 8" and am very pleased with performance and size.

2016-1-1
Use props
Buretto
lvl.2

Australia

Thanks for your replies guys. Appreciate the feedback. I will go price some tablets and see what i come up with.
Cheers
2016-1-1
Use props
griff.evans47
lvl.1

United States

Buretto Posted at 2016-1-1 19:43
Thanks for your replies guys. Appreciate the feedback. I will go price some tablets and see what i c ...

Amazon carries a gadget for extending the length of the arm enough to fit my 10.5" tablet with a bit if room to spare.  Do a search for "Extended Mount for DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Mobile Device Holder to Clip Ipad, Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 or Other 10 Inch Tablets". It beats the heck of having to use Velcro!! It costs about US$12. I just slips over the top of the arm and it comes off the same way.
2016-1-5
Use props
bletzinger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

griff.evans47 Posted at 2016-1-5 15:57
Amazon carries a gadget for extending the length of the arm enough to fit my 10.5" tablet with a b ...

I use a galaxy tab s 8.4. The displays on galaxy s and s2 models are very vivid/bright which is desired when flying on sunny days for capturing the best photos and video.
2016-1-7
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a Tab S2 and love it.. Not as good as an iPad Mini 3 but the screen clarity make sup for it
2016-1-7
Use props
Buretto
lvl.2

Australia

Just bought the Tab S2 9.7. Haven't hooked her up yet but i am looking forward to it. Thanks all for the help.
2016-1-7
Use props
Nobody0
New

United States

Having issues using samsung s2 with phantom 4  wont conect have tried several cables as well as reloading go app  works fine with my phone
i have read several forums that state it works great what could i be doing wrong
thanks
vince

2016-6-29
Use props
andy.davin
New

United States

I have the P4 with the Samsung S2.  I was extremely frustrated with the inconsistencies with tethering and linking the controller with the DJI GO app.  After a few hundred different sequences, I found one that works and made a youtube video of the process.

Be sure to clear any "memory of the connected device" of the tablet when connecting to the radio.. never check the checkbox when the flash screen appears.
2016-8-8
Use props
fans9e7e504a
New
United States

Amazon sells an "Extended Mount" for under ten bucks. It's 3-D printed. DJI actually recommends it.
2016-12-10
Use props
Mayday
lvl.1
United Kingdom

andy.davin Posted at 2016-8-8 17:26
I have the P4 with the Samsung S2.  I was extremely frustrated with the inconsistencies with tethering and linking the controller with the DJI GO app.  After a few hundred different sequences, I found one that works and made a youtube video of the process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKPUxSnzgEY&feature=youtu.be

Thank you, that helped and I can now connect.
I have to power down before each connection then power up drone and controller. Once they are connected, I power on and all is fine.
I would think that this could perhaps be a setting somewhere in the S2.
Anyway, you got me up and running and I am grateful for that.

Regards, John.
2017-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules