Problems with RTH after Update 1.6
1258 8 2016-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
farago
New

Austria

until the last update, the Phantom worked perfectly. Since I have updated (after 5 month) everything to the newest firmware, the return to home function is not working normal. I have in the fail safe menu 70m for returning home, now I am flying away I push return to home and phantom want to land on the point he is actually, so after I push RTH, he is sinking down, so I must cancel the auto landing procedure and land the phantom manually. That could be very dangerous. I am out of the 20m range, the Phantom is about 100meters away. What can I do???

ALex

2016-1-1
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

I believe 1.6 is the latest Update.
Try that one
2016-1-1
Use props
farago
New

Austria

Sorry I made a mistake, I have updated it to 1.6..40!
2016-1-1
Use props
farago
New

Austria

I have downgraded to 1.5 and again I updated it to 1.6. After all,  I have calibrated the IMU. Hope I can test it tomorrow, if weather is ok. I have no idea why phantom is not comming home..
2016-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You say that landing manually could be dangerous. How? It is the only method I use. I never use the RTH function as under manual control I have full and complete control over where the aircraft is flying.
2016-1-1
Use props
nigelw
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-1 23:46
You say that landing manually could be dangerous. How? It is the only method I use. I never use the  ...

I think he means it could be dangerous for the drone to land when he presses RTH, not when he has to land manually.
2016-1-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-2 11:25
I think he means it could be dangerous for the drone to land when he presses RTH, not when he has  ...

Good point, I misunderstood.
2016-1-1
Use props
farago
New

Austria

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-2 01:40
Good point, I misunderstood.

tested it today, everything is working again!!
2016-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules