WI-FI PROBLEMS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dpedler
New

Australia

Hello ,just wondering if anybody may be able to help, got a Phantom 3 Standard for Christmas, up till now the best I could get out of it was getting the camera to work, didn't even get the motors to go. Now no connection with my phone to the controller. The phone ( Galaxy S5) can't find the controller now,. The DJI app just goes to "How to connect". Has anybody got any hints.
Cheers Greg
2016-1-1
Use props
donaldjames1990
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Delete the DJI  app and reinstall. this glitch happens sometimes.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-3
Use props
dpedler
New

Australia

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-4 10:30
That's dumb advice.  Good god... Are people really so stupid now days that it doesn't sink in afte ...

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app some many times now. the Phantom3_xxxxx does not appear in my Wi-Fi network on my mobile. It did the first time, but no longer. The camera can tilt up and down when I move the gimbal knob on the RC. The motors have never run on this unit.
2016-1-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

No worries mate , we have all been there.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-4
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-4 22:44
Dpedler, try a new cable from Transmitter to your phone.  I have a Phantom Pro and I'm sorry I can't ...

Not applicable to the P3S.
OP, i do not have any issues with my Galaxy S5 and my P3S.  On the Phone, if you go to WiFi settings -> Manage Networks, does the phantom network appear there in the saved list?  If it does, delete it, and see if it appears again in the network list.  Do you have another wifi device that you can try to see the RC wifi network from? Like a tablet or laptop?  
2016-1-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

tdrussell1 you are correct regarding  the cable. I guess I had tunnel vision with my P3P.   I do agree that  dpedler needs to check on another wi-fi device and go from there.

Cheers Donnie
2016-1-4
Use props
dpedler
New

Australia

Thanks all for your suggestions, just tried an iPhone 6s and no Phantom3 appears in the Wi-Fi. will try a laptop later.
just noticed that after about 5 mins of being on, the RC started to beep and all lights on the P3S are solid red.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dpedler Posted at 2016-1-5 04:52
Thanks all for your suggestions, just tried an iPhone 6s and no Phantom3 appears in the Wi-Fi. will  ...

Watch the last part of this video and it shows how to reset the WiFi. See if this helps.

2016-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-4 07:46
Yeah, you're right. I've been pretty harsh on people lately, I admit that.  Sorry

Yes please, act mature here and earn some valued respect. Much appreciated.

Thanks bro, I know you can do it. Cheers. ;-)

Have fun, fly safe, happy landing.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-1-4 06:44
Dpedler, try a new cable from Transmitter to your phone.  ( SORRY NOT APPLICABLE FOR A PHANTOM STAND ...

Hew has a Standard.  The things that work for the Pro or Advanced don't work on the Standard.  There is no cable to change.
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi , Greg
Please try reset the RC WIFI . If you still can't find it in your network list , please take the RC to your dealer or contact support center .
Australia.jpg
2016-1-4
Use props
bamkrojas
lvl.1

Peru

Asimismo, no veo la red inalámbrica. No hay manera de restablecer la conexión inalámbrica Phantom 3 Profesional? RC es la luz cian claro. Visualize the videos of my post: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... = 1 & adicional = # pid281854
2016-1-4
Use props
dpedler
New

Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-5 11:20
Hi , Greg
Please try reset the RC WIFI . If you still can't find it in your network list , please ta ...

Hello Patrick. I have tried to reset the Wi-Fi  following the video and for the last 5-10 mins the on/off button has continued to flash red and green.
As  I live in Australia and my wife purchased the unit on E-bay from China it's very difficult to get anybody to look at it over here as they didn't sell it to me.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

dpedler Posted at 2016-1-5 16:30
Hello Patrick. I have tried to reset the Wi-Fi  following the video and for the last 5-10 mins the ...

Hi ,
Please contact our offcial support at this page : http://www.dji.com/support
They will give you a RMA number when received your description .
2016-1-5
Use props
dpedler
New

Australia

Patrick, I sent an email the other day and this is the response I received back. And after reading and looking, where is the regional centre for Australia. I could contact EE Hobbies in Melbourne, but as you said I need an RMA number.

[b]Your request (147559) has been received and is being reviewed by our HQ support staff.
Thank you for choosing DJI. You have reach the DJI customer service center in China, if you are not in the area, for a better service quality, please contact our regional center near your area.
For North America, please contact support.us@dji.com, or call +1-818-235-0789. (Monday to Friday, Pacific Standard Time 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM).
For EU, please contact support.eu@dji.com, or call +49-0-1803-354000. (Monday to Friday, German Time 9:00 AM-5:00 PM)
For Japan, please contact support.jp@dji.com
For Korea, please contact support.kr@dji.com
Thank you!
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

dpedler Posted at 2016-1-5 19:14
Patrick, I sent an email the other day and this is the response I received back. And after reading a ...

Hi ,
For Australia users , you'll just need to contact our HQ support . You'll get a reply soon .
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules