Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loses satellites in GPS mode
3232 8 2014-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zoom
New
Croatia

I have an important question. If I'm flying in GPS mode and Phantom 2 loses the required number of satellites what happens? Will automatically go into ATTI function, go home or uncontrolled fly?
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

To ensure the aircraft successful return to home after Failsafe activation, aim to only fly in Ready to Fly mode. The Phantom will automatically descend during the Failsafe process if there are less than 6 GPS satellites detected for more than 20 seconds.
The aircraft cannot avoid obstacles during Failsafe.

Ready to Fly (non-GPS): When less than 6 GPS satellites have been found, the Flight Control System will stabilize itself less than in full Ready to Fly mode and will require more skilled flying. Rear LED Flight Indicators will blink a slow yellow.

see page 28 of the manual
2014-9-24
Use props
zoom
New
Croatia

To accurately describe the situation. Phantom 2 is on the ground. Searching for satellites. He found 6 satellites. Bright red and green alternately. I'm still waiting. He found 7 satellites. Lights all green and he is ready to fly with GPS. I fly for a while in GPS mode. In the air Phantom 2 lose 1 or 2 satellites. What exactly will happen?
2014-9-24
Use props
johnwarr
Captain
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

When the phantom comes out of GPS mode it will enter Atti, it will not hold position and will not be able to RTH. So you will have to fly the phantom yourself.
The question that I have not found a clear answer to is what happens when it regains 7 or more sats in flight, will it remember where its home point was or will it set a new home point from the moment it has 7 sats ?
I have never lost GPS so have not encountered this situation.
2014-9-24
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

After 20 seconds you will have to take control. Or the aircraft will try to land itself where ever it is. Normally within those 20 seconds it will re acquire the satellites and you just continue your flight. Look for a post here on how to acquire a better gps signal.

Hope this was helpful.
2014-9-24
Use props
zoom
New
Croatia

Thank you. It was helpful. I am only interested one more thing: if  during the flight lose GPS satellites ( i see on the LCD ) and manually switch on the remote to ATTI mode, what happens? Does Phantom immediately accept ATTI mode?
2014-9-25
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.4

United States

Here is a great video from Simon. It will show you what Atti does with demonstration. And yes when you switch to ATTI mode on the controller you will be in ATTI Mode
2014-9-25
Use props
thomaskim558
lvl.4
Flight distance : 865177 ft
Singapore

it will automatically changed to ATTI mode and ur phantom will unbalanced :3
2014-9-25
Use props
zoom
New
Croatia