Phantom 3 Advanced No Signal Trick Discovered. Need help!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ralinebe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 276952 ft
United States

I purchased my Phantom 3 Advanced at the end of September 2015 (about 3 months ago). After having it about a week or two my camera started having issues. Half the time when I turn on my Phantom the camera goes through its normal spin around routine and about ten seconds later it goes to sleep. No image on my screen and "No Signal" comes up on the status bar. I've been thinking about sending it back to DJI since October but I'm not sure about how that process works. About two weeks ago, I discovered that if I turn on my Phantom and then tilt it forward and to my right the camera works every time. I'm not sure why this is happening. I added a video to demonstrate what I'm talking about. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2016-1-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

" when I turn on my Phantom the camera goes through its normal spin around routine and about ten seconds later it goes to sleep. No image on my screen and "No Signal" comes up on the status bar"

One thing that might cause that is your Phantiom doesn't like the SD card.
Try a different SD card and see if that helps.
2016-1-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Raline,

I'd check all of my connections to the camera and gimbal first. There are two cables going into the gimbal body. You'll need a small screwdriver to push in the tabs to release them. Carefully pull them and reseat them. Also, i've  seen a few where the cable got "pinched", check carefully for that as well. If all that checks good, you might want to try the camera calibration and even the IMU calibration before you move to further troubleshooting. That's what I'd do first. Good luck.

Jerry
2016-1-1
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

Raline,

I also saw your post in a thread about the "no video signal". That problem is entirely different than the one you are experiencing here. I have experienced and resolved that problem as well. If you get this issue fixed, I'll try to walk you through the signal loss issue.

Jerry
2016-1-2
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-2 09:12
Raline,

I also saw your post in a thread about the "no video signal". That problem is entirely diff ...

I don't remember exactly which thread you are referring to but how did you resolve the No Signal issue?
2016-1-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

ralinebe Posted at 2016-1-2 11:25
I don't remember exactly which thread you are referring to but how did you resolve the No Signal i ...

Raline,

I wouldn't even think about going down that road until you resolve the issues you're experiencing in this thread. Did you resolve these issues yet? You need to try to isolate each issue independently or you're just going to have a bigger mess.

Jerry
2016-1-2
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-2 18:12
Raline,

I wouldn't even think about going down that road until you resolve the issues you're expe ...

Ok maybe I missed something. The only problem I have is he signal from the camera. I think when I power on my phantom and it isn't sending a signal within a certain amount of time it just goes to sleep. Also, if I pick it up and tilt it hard left (camera facing me) it loses signal. Then when I level it, the signal comes back. Weird. Thanks for your help. I really don't want to take anything apart and cause an even bigger issue.
2016-1-2
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

ralinebe Posted at 2016-1-2 20:05
Ok maybe I missed something. The only problem I have is he signal from the camera. I think when I  ...

Raline,

Based on the behavior of the gimbal in the video posted you have a more going on than just a "signal" issue. I think if you resolve the gimbal issue you can probably start looking into the signal issue. I guess if I were you I'd get an RMA and send it back in.

Jerry
2016-1-2
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-2 21:40
Raline,

Based on the behavior of the gimbal in the video posted you have a more going on than jus ...

Ok thanks!
2016-1-2
Use props
mikejbyrne
New

Australia

Hi,

I have a advanced Phantom purchased from DJI website on the 18 December 2015. I have logged approx 5 flights and I recently tried to fly my drone but unfortunately it has “Signal Error”.

I have updated to the latest firmware for both Drone and RC before any flights. I am unsure what the issue is and obviously cannot take any pictures or video. I have searched the forums and attempted a number of resets, firmware downgrades and cables (including other devices – moved from iPad mini to iPhone to check).

* I have tried reinstalling DJI iOS App (even used android and different iOS device)
* Linked RC again
* Calibrated Gimbal and IMU
* Different reformatted SD Card
* New iPad cable to RC
* Firmware update to latest (confirmed for advanced version - not professional)
* Checked physical wiring from outside
*reseated cables from drone to gimbal (as per DJI support request)

Something very different from my first flight is that I noticed my go app registers the drone as a "Professional" and not "advanced" (it used to show as advanced phantom)??

I also have the same issue some people report re the gimbal going limp about 10 seconds after boot up. I can control it during this boot up phase. In addition to this, if I put in SD card (formatted on so many different machines at least one should have worked if this was it) it seems to reset (plugged drone into PC via micro-usb to check) every few seconds. This seems to demonstrate that some issue with camera / gimbal?

Please also note I can fly the drone no problem, but I have "no signal" and no therefore no video feed.

I unfortunately don't have the text file output, I accidentally deleted it when reformatting the SD card after firmware update to make sure it was clean before I flew again. Now I can't get the SD card to downgrade or upgrade firmware as its not registering correctly (the SD card that is). I can try multiple types of SD with same outcome. I also tried to force reinstall by holding in drone RC link at boot (read somewhere this will force firmware update).

I reckon I have burned about 2 solid days diagnosing this awesome (but totally crap) device.

Getting desperate now, any help appreciated!

Mike
Sydney, Australia
2016-1-2
Use props
kirk2579
lvl.4
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

mikejbyrne Posted at 2016-1-2 23:15
Hi,

I have a advanced Phantom purchased from DJI website on the 18 December 2015. I have logged app ...

you need to post this is your own new post if you want anyone to read and help you

tagging at bottom of unrelated thread wont get you much help
no one will see it
2016-1-2
Use props
mikejbyrne
New

Australia

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2016-1-3 12:32
you need to post this is your own new post if you want anyone to read and help you

tagging at bot ...

Thanks Kirk, I have mate. I been at this thing for almost 4 days now and getting desperate (and pretty pi#ssed off)

Everything this guy is experiencing is the same as me. I have another thread in other forums too and it sounds like a lot of problems somewhat relate to the same issue - but not one person has a decent formal fix from DJI.

Looks like its going for a trip back to factory - wherever in the world that may be. Everyone is back from holidays tomorrow so fingers crossed i get a reply from DJI and can at least reach out to my local support partner in Australia, who I am sure are inundated with issues (my research suggests I am not alone).

Don't do the latest update, its not worth the pain.
2016-1-3
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
lvl.4
United States

mikejbyrne Posted at 2016-1-2 22:15
Hi,

I have a advanced Phantom purchased from DJI website on the 18 December 2015. I have logged app ...

Mike,

Wow, sorry to hear that you are about where I was a few months ago. It sounds like you are getting close. I went through just about the same process that you've been through. Did you see my original post regarding this? Video Signal Issue.

There are quite a few posts where it's just me and DJI pissing at each other but if you read through that thread you'll see all of the steps I went through to get my signal back. I can't be sure what processes I did that got it going again but I've had a solid signal since I resolved it. I've had it out over 2.2mi from home point several times without even a hiccup in the signal. DJI wanted me to send it in, I resisted and kept working on it and got it going again, flawlessly. If you haven't already done so, Read the thread and see if anything there helps. If not, post a new thread and or give me a link to the thread you started and I'll try to help, if I can. As you're finding out, the biggest issue is the time, patience and willingness to keep at it. All things my wife would tell you that I didn't have when I was going through it!

Jerry
2016-1-3
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Before you do anything else, please follow the advice of Jtrjr-UAV Pilot - he has a great deal of experience with Phantoms, going back to well before the Phantom 3 series.

What you describe to me (an intermittent "response") sounds very much like either a short or a tenuous connection - similar causes and similar effects.

Also, a lot of people get confused about NO SIGNAL vs the control of the Phantom. The NO SIGNAL means there's nothing coming from the camera view to your external device. If you lose the controlling signal, your Phantom will - by default - enter RTH mode. And it will do that automatically, without you having to do anything.

Again, before going through the agony of having to return your Phantom, carefully check the connecting cables you have access to. And do so very, very carefully. Those wires don't look very robust!

Good luck

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-3
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-3 09:39
Before you do anything else, please follow the advice of Jtrjr-UAV Pilot - he has a great deal of  ...

Hey, thanks for your reply. I'm got having any problems flying.  The problem is the video signal. I'm able to fly with or without video signal. So how exactly do I check the cables. I see a grey cable between the gimble and the bird. Also there is the black flat ribbon. They both seem to be plugged in correctly. I don't think I can unplug and reseat them without taking it apart.
2016-1-3
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

I resolved this issue by UN-installing the GO-App and reinstalling it.
It was a real PITA until I did that.  Afterwards I get good signla every time now.
YMMV
2016-1-3
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-1-3 14:13
I resolved this issue by UN-installing the GO-App and reinstalling it.
It was a real PITA until I di ...

You had the same issue with your camera going limp?
2016-1-3
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

ralinebe Posted at 2016-1-4 03:36
You had the same issue with your camera going limp?

Guess I wasn't alert reading it.....
Sorry.
I missed the part about the camera going limp.

I was losing signal constantly but IIRC, the camera wasn't going to sleep
2016-1-3
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-1-3 15:41
Guess I wasn't alert reading it.....
Sorry.
I missed the part about the camera going limp.

Yeah sometimes when I turn my Phantom on the camera goes limp. Watch the video I put in the first post.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Please contact your dealer or US support center about the problem .
North America Support.jpg
2016-1-3
Use props
ralinebe
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-3 21:10
Please contact your dealer or US support center about the problem .

Contact the support center and tell them what? It seems like a lot of people are having this same issue.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

ralinebe Posted at 2016-1-4 10:25
Contact the support center and tell them what? It seems like a lot of people are having this same  ...

Please call the repair center or email them about your problems .  They will give you a proper solution . Thank you !
2016-1-4
Use props
amarhjunior
lvl.1

Ghana

I also replaced my ribbon cable after I had it torn. later when I connect the cable , when I try to power the aircraft the camera doesn't move I tried it several times and it began to move but makes noise and then stop. later I have a no signal message where I can get a live feed of video.
2016-3-5
Use props
Rasmus.laine
New
Flight distance : 254534 ft

Finland

I have exactly the same problem. Camera works when I tilt the phantom 3 advance in powering on.

Did you fix this problem?
2016-3-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Rasmus.laine Posted at 2016-3-12 12:10
I have exactly the same problem. Camera works when I tilt the phantom 3 advance in powering on.

Did ...

Check all of your electrical fittings and make sure they are tight.  Use a small instrument to push them in tightly.  I would leave  my  device "ON" so as you are touching wires you can see which one is making improvements to the video.

-all the best from the USA- donnie
2016-3-12
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

golf_sierra@lib Posted at 2016-3-12 12:22
You can start up the P3A even without a SD card. The camera should function normally, even showing ...

I see you are kind of new, keep in mind that question was asked over 2 months ago.

This forum is rolling questions, no set topic that stays on point.  Just wanted to let you know

all the best to you and yours in deutschland- donnie
2016-3-12
Use props
snowsurferss
lvl.3

United States

I had this problem when I first got my P3 Standard, the video feed would go to no signal every 10 seconds or so, after much digging and swearing at DJI, I found out it was my phone, it would drop the P3 WiFi when it didn't see an internet connection.
I had to dig deep into my phone settings and found one that dealt with WiFi connections with no internet, many controlling "toys" etc. using WiFi, after I changed this setting I never had the problem again. Was my phone all along.
2016-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules