Help US Americans
2359 25 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
milbear
lvl.2

United States

How about helping us poor confused Americans. When you post something with figures (metric) how about adding the imperial one too. Coverting all these figures makes my head hurt   

Thanks

2016-1-2
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

We metric people feel the same about your imperial system
2016-1-2
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

We Brits use both...we just can't make our minds up.  The Civil Aviation Authority tell us to fly within 500m horizontal distance & 400' altitude {:3_50:}
2016-1-2
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

One language for boats, one for aircrafts, one for the road and one for the construction site :/
Feets, Knots, Miles, Nautical Miles, Inches, some other inches. AM/PM. Youre not alone.Yipee.
I'll try to stick with 24hr clock and metric measurements.BUT! Dont worry I'm here to help

Some very smart egghead made this great little tool:
convert.jpg

I've been using it for many years and it allways solves my riddles.
convert.zip (153.29 KB, Down times: 12)
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-2
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

Boy Rebel, you'll post to anything . and mostly nothing of value ..just to bounce your post count up .. like a post whore ...ya that what you are .. a post whore ...... LOL

BTW .. your comment .. just like a insignificant grain of salt on the dinner table .. brush it off and toss it in the trash ... (can you hear it ? ...brush ....brush ....TOSS)
2016-1-2
Use props
tcmalker
lvl.1

United States

Why is that so hard? Just multiply or divide by 3.  You don't need a college degree to convert ft to m.
2016-1-2
Use props
P3_Nutz
lvl.3

United Kingdom

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-2 13:36
One language for boats, one for aircrafts, one for the road and one for the construction site :/
Fee ...

You seriously need to update your computer
2016-1-2
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-2 07:36
Fee ...

Tried it out, (after scanning, LOL)  Pretty KOOL,  While I didn't have an issue converting, saves time and it's an elegant little utility!   NASA should've used this before they burned up their craft on a MARS trip in 1999. LOL    Thanks for Sharing!

Mars Crash due to metric conversion error
2016-1-2
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

CaveDave ,  I agree that is a nice little program. The funny thing is that there is no real issue with the meter  -  now the temp is a little different story. That and some people can't things in a humorous way.
2016-1-2
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

P3_Nutz Posted at 2016-1-2 21:59
You seriously need to update your computer

Yea I know.
Its been more than a year since last upgrade PC-Upgrad_2014-12_18.jpg

It was pretty impressive back then though.
Bought a 4k telly and wow what a fuzz it was to get that working!
Only thing left when I finally got it running 4k was the 3TB WDC RED HDD's.
main_rig_upgrade_2014.jpg

Next upgrade will be even more memory and bigger/faster SSD's for OS and video.
Maybe next summer?
2016-1-2
Use props
Dronsing in Tor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405715 ft
Canada

There's always Google.  There's also getting familiar with metric.  More than half the world uses it.
But with that in mind I'm a Canuck (that's north if you're trying to figure out where Canada is) and I think in kilometers for distance but feet for height.  Talk about confusing.

I'd love to see the ability with the DJI Go app to configure multiple measurements like I can with my fishfinder/chartplotter.  Feet for depth and kilometers for distance.  Not very difficult to do right?
2016-1-2
Use props
koine777
lvl.2

United States

I'm gonna just say...learn both.
2016-1-2
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

Dronsing in Tor Posted at 2016-1-2 17:58
There's always Google.  There's also getting familiar with metric.  More than half the world uses it ...

You're in Canada .... ay? And that is north of me ...ay? That measurement system must be real fun...ay?  
2016-1-2
Use props
Kneepuck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

[RCG]Balthazar Posted at 2016-1-2 05:36
Fee ...

You forgot the old faithful but still used by some:  Ch , Rch and Bch.  For finer measurements only,  hopefully.
2016-1-2
Use props
vr-pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4668169 ft
Germany

Dronsing in Tor Posted at 2016-1-2 23:58
There's always Google.  There's also getting familiar with metric.  More than half the world uses it ...

I also would prefer ft for altitudes/hights because it fits (except for Russia and countries related) the official aerspace structures and regulations.
But when it comes to distances it is really confusing in aeronautics:
km and m for distances in non-solely-FAA regulated regions. Otherwise SM for distances like visibility and ft for length like runways. But for navigational purposes NM are the first choice...
There is no such thing as a common rule in aviation and so every pilot must now e.g. that 10 m/s equals about 20 kt when it comes to wind speeds.
Further sources of confusion is the co-existence of lbs vs. kg, inch hg vs. mbar and °F vs. °C.  
IMO the nature of imperial measurement is very practical using NM (60 NM = 1° longitude or equatorial latitude), kts (1kt = 1 NM/h), feet (6000ft = 1 NM) and inch hg (0,01 inch hg = 10 ft altitude difference).
But metric measurements are "easier" in scientific calculations, because actual physical laws are based on them...
2016-1-2
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-2
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-2 22:00
Says the simpleton who doesnt know the correct way to reply. Youre also an embarrassment.

Hey Rebel (aka PW) ..............Brush ...  Brush ...   TOSS .........

2016-1-3
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Kneepuck Posted at 2016-1-2 20:54
You forgot the old faithful but still used by some:  Ch , Rch and Bch.  For finer measurements onl ...

Look out! I think you're either showing your age - or that you might have been in the military at one time.
I'm still laughing - haven't thought about those measurements in eons.

The diff between meters and feet shouldn't be that confusing. A meter is not quite 10% longer than a yard - 100 meters is a tad over 328 feet. So, look at the quantity of meters, add 10% to that number, then multiply by three.

Technically, one could argue that it's rocket science. Well it is, but in a very minor way! LOL

I get a lot more confused when converting temperature. Fortunately I've never forgotten the formulas to get from one to the other and a calculator is never further away than my cell phone.

And you Brits have to make it difficult too, huh? What's all that about an imperial gallon? LOL

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2016-1-3
Use props
mvn591014
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38537 ft
United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-2 10:13
Lazy b@st@rd. We are the minority, so deal with it and shut up. I hate to even admit "we" . Youre an ...

That minority also consumes the most material resources and the most finished products on Earth, that is DJI products from Hong Kong. Not even the combined population of China and India purchase as much DJI products like the minority from the United States of America.
2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

Come on ..quit feeding the TROLL .....  (aka the post whore)
2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Convert is  a neat program.  I've used it for years and have a copy on each machine.
2016-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Being a Canadian, Definately has its benefits. Like the four seasons, that is awesome...
Metric conversion is simple. Just remember at -40* C = -40* F. See even the thermometer doesn't care.

What drives me crazy here though, they keep removing our paper money, for plastic film bills or now, we are even going to get a $5 coin.
Like the one dollar looney and the two dollar twoney weren't enough clink in the pocket. Ha
They removed the penny, from our coffers, but brought out other larger coinage. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2016-1-4
Use props
milbear
lvl.2

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-4 03:19
Being a Canadian, Definately has its benefits. Like the four seasons, that is awesome...
Metric conv ...

Wow, it been a long time since I've seen Canada money. When I lived in MI. we use to call it "funny money"  But , I would like to see the new coinage that you are talking about. Maybe get a few for my own collection.
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules