DJI Osmo Video test chart shoot request
1314 6 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

Can anyone provide me with uncompressed footage shooting at a video test chart that was shot with the DJI osmo?  I only need like ten seconds.  I would like the appture at F22- F8 and what ever appture at it is lowest Fstops. Shoot this test at 100 iso at 48 or 50 shutter at 24fps.  I would also like to see these shots at 4 k, FHD @ 1920 x 1080 and HD 1280 x 720.  Because the osmo can only shoot at 60mbs  I also would like a test shot in with compleat blacks shooting ISO from minumim to maximum with titles for each ISO settings. I want to see the noise pattern.  Not sure if thier is a noise cancellation, but if their is do one with and with out nose canclation.  I know the DJI Osmo shoots at 60 Mbps so I want to see if their is a difrence with difrent aspect ratios.  If someone could post the raw files and post a youtube video that would be great.  What I hear is that the DJI osmo has the same censor that the hero black has or so I have been told.  So I understand its limitations is over exposed or underexposed light such as daylight and night.  Regardless I want to see how the onboard lens holds up.   

2016-1-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hi!
I am not sure I understood what video samples would you like to have, but I am pretty sure that the X3 camera (OSMO & Inspire 1 versions) has a different sensor than the GoPro Hero 4. If I am not mistaken, this cameras are manufactured by Sony and they have a 3x3 CCD panels (9 panels) that are pre-processed  on-the-fly to remove the fish-eye distortion that any wide camera lens would have. That does not mean that the output pictures and videos are distortion free, of course... and you may find unofficial Konrady coefficients that you can use in post to improve the distortion. From what I have experienced, the distortion is a non-radial surface type, but unless you need the imagery for mapping / 3D modelling, the video does not look distorted at all.
Regarding colors and exposure, this camera does a decent job as compared with most cameras of similar size. X5 seems to be also better in the dark besides the 16 MP upgrade. If none of these portable cameras are not providing enough quality for your needs, than you should probably consider using a Ronin  (for stabilization) with a real professional camera.
Best regards,
Bogdan
2016-1-2
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

Unfortunately the X3 camera unable to set aperture. So you will always open lens.
Also, you cannot do close up shots.

But different to X5, where it is M4/3 interchangeable lens system.

Set
2016-1-2
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

setiawan3d Posted at 2016-1-3 13:41
Unfortunately the X3 camera unable to set aperture. So you will always open lens.
Also, you cannot d ...

Oh boy.  This no aperture thing is for sure is going to irritate me somewhat.  May have to buy a few b+W ND filters.  I have a B+W at 10 stops kinda expensive but well worth the investment for my canon 50mm lens.  I use that during daylight.  I wonder what the internal aperture is set at?  
2016-1-5
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

bornish@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-3 13:04
Hi!
I am not sure I understood what video samples would you like to have, but I am pretty sure that  ...

The price point is what I am attracted too But its ether this or the Black Magic studio camera.  Honestly I am hot ready to see what updates DJI comes up with at the CES event.  As for sony and its CCD they are the ones that make the CCD for the hero.  I think I may hold off till NAB before buying something.  I am pretty sure the competition is going to be pretty hot at the next NAB.  
2016-1-5
Use props
jeff_kirkland
lvl.2

Australia

The Osmo  shoots at f/2.8 with a lens that's about a 24mm full frame equivalent.  Shooting test charts is great to establish the limits of a camera, but to me they're sort of irrelevant because whatever a test chart may show to the pixel-peepers of the world, you just need to check out what people are shooting with it to know that, in the right hands, it's a very capable camera.  

If you want to have any sort of control of the exposure outdoors, you will definitely need to buy a neutral density filter for it.

The Osmo X3 is, as I think its intended to be, a great take anywhere, stabilised camera for travellers, bloggers and anyone else who really just needs a point and shoot camera. The X5 is aimed more at professional shooters but it'll have a price to match.

In a professional production context, I have three canon DSLRs, a couple of GH4s, a few Go-Pros  and a Sony FS100. The Osmo isn't a replacement for any of them, it's a new tool that does a different job. It's the gimbal mounted point and shoot b-cam that I can grab out of the bag, get a few shots that only a gimbal mounted camera could do, then go back to shooting with whatever main camera I'm using that day.

If you wait five minutes, there's always going to be a newer camera with better features but the Osmo is cheap and ticked all the boxes as far as I was concerned  - so buying one was a no-brainier.  As to Osmo or Black Magic  camera... They are completely different beasts, designed to do entirely different jobs so that's an apples and oranges comparison. That's a decision about what it is you need to shoot with the camera.

I'll leave it to the test chart fanciers to argue the merits of the camera - meanwhile, I'll be out using my Osmo as the great little no-fuss b-camera that it is.

2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

jeff_kirkland Posted at 2016-1-6 04:30
The Osmo  shoots at f/2.8 with a lens that's about a 24mm full frame equivalent.  Shooting test char ...

You're right, every product have it's advantages and limitations, we have to make good use of the merits and avoid it's limitations.
2016-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules