1564 4 2016-1-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
I am not sure how many of you are unhappy about the OSMO not being capable of capturing stereo audio (technicals specs mention Audio Output: 2 channels) even from an external, phantom-powered mic. I have tried the BOYA BY-SM80 and also confirmed by DJI-Amy that the audio captured by the OSMO from an external stereo mic is ONLY the left channel.
Thus, I am now planning to record the stereo sound with the Roland R-05 wave / mp3 recorder while fething the audio also to the OSMO, and later replace the mono audio of the video with the stereo audio captured separately. I can't seem to find a way to automatically start the video & audio recording in perfect sync, thus I need to sync the audio in post when replacing the audio of the video, but I was thinking that should be an automatic way to automatically sync the audio with the video since the video already contains the left channel audio of the external stereo signal. It would be great if DJI would provide such a PC application, but I was hoping that someone in this community already has a solution for this problem.
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.
Best regards,
Bogdan
2016-1-2
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

You can use PluralEyes for sync-ing purpose: https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

Set
2016-1-2
Use props
bornish
lvl.3
Flight distance : 91447 ft
United Arab Emirates

setiawan3d Posted at 2016-1-3 09:38
You can use PluralEyes for sync-ing purpose: https://www.redgiant.com/products/pluraleyes/

Set

Thank you so much for your recommendation. Affordable, seems professional... will definitely test it and might consider the whole suite they have.
2016-1-2
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PluralEyes works well if the sound is recorded clearly on both devices.

The other thing you can do is simply make a loud and sudden (short) noise -- like clapping your hands together -- and aligning the sound 'spike' in post-production.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-1-4 01:02
PluralEyes works well if the sound is recorded clearly on both devices.

The other thing you can do ...

It's a smart way, the clap will work as a tag then.
2016-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules