Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My feedback of the new 1.6 firmware.
1876 12 2016-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gybo102
First Officer
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Iused my inspire 1 with x5 yesterday, not too cold, about 42f outside. This wasthe first time flying since this update. Almost right away I noticed theaircraft holding back on upward ascend. I honestly feel it is WAY too sensitiveon how much it holds back. I could not ascend any faster then 5mph. wascrippling the shots i was trying to get.
DJI- can it be put inthe batty page as an option, or maybe a slider with a "threshold" ofhow aggressive the throttling will be? That way we have a little more controlover it. I waited till my batteries were up to temp ( about 33c) and was stillhaving issues. During the time I was only getting 5mph ascend, batts were at3.6v.
Thank you,
Andre
2016-1-3
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

No I have not. I have been 100% fine with the way the inspire responded to my input on the stick till this update. I should not have to mess with any settings to keep it the way it was. I understand the purpose of it, but I feel its a bit aggressive. It was not even all that cold.
2016-1-3
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

I hope I did not come off harsh towards you, I do appreciate the idea,  and I do appreciate DJI's intentions with the feature in the firmware. BUT, It should not be forced. We should have the option to turn it on and off, or adjust. Just like how the auto landing gear was a fixed feature and now is something we can turn off and on when we feel its necessary. I really hope someone from DJI sees this, If so, please bring this up to who needs to see this to make it an option. There is no reason to ever force something, especially something that limits the capability of the product. Im sure you have seen it, but if not... http://forum.dji.com/thread-37622-1-1.html
It has to be temperature dependent, and I'm sure its keeping an eye on how fast the voltage drops too. Im sure its monitoring the batt temp. As far as the impact, visually I can see the Vertical Speed indicator was filling up only 50% and was showing 5mph vs the 10-11mph I would usually see at full throttle up.. on a colder day I would not try to go full throttle up... but by the time I noticed I was not ascending anymore, my throttle was all the way up, and thats how I knew something was different. at first I thought something was not right. and then it hit me... the firmware update. I was trying to get a nice smooth reveal shot of a home, had my brother in-law on the 2nd controller. Im keeping my eyes on the inspire, all that went through my head was " its not going up... whats going on??" I tried the take almost 3 times before I realized what was going on.
2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Max ascent for the Inspire is 5m/s and descent is 4m/s. It has slowed down from before to protect the battery.
2016-1-3
Use props
jamescole
lvl.1

Mexico

Gybo, I agree with your comments but I think we are not seeing the real problem here, its the battery and its ability to deliver enough power when required.
2016-1-4
Use props
w1der
Second Officer

Sweden

How are we supposed to be able to learn how to fly this thing with precision if DJI keeps changing the settings with every update ...
Well ... back to square 1 again as a freekin noob then I guess ...

I am starting to feel obligated to re read (for my own and others safety) any updated manual for this aircraft with every new update of the FW and/or the Pilot app.
If I where using (read - trying to use) this equipment professionally I would be raging at this time!  
2016-1-6
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-3 23:27
The Max ascent for the Inspire is 5m/s and descent is 4m/s. It has slowed down from before to protec ...

I understand the intent of the feature, and I welcome it. I just feel it should be an option. That is all.
2016-1-6
Use props
gybo102
First Officer
United States

jamescole Posted at 2016-1-4 10:06
Gybo, I agree with your comments but I think we are not seeing the real problem here, its the batter ...

At low temperatures, correct. but its not DJI's fault, Its just the nature of the battery, low temperatures, they have less sustained output.
2016-1-6
Use props
Starship
Second Officer

United States

w1der Posted at 2016-1-6 06:57
How are we supposed to be able to learn how to fly this thing with precision if DJI keeps changing t ...

New features are OK..... but when they reset preferences, it's no fun.  Like resetting RTH altitude to default.  Not bueno
2016-1-6
Use props
ge0se
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3184721 ft
United States

Is there a good reason why default RTH altitude is 20m? Any normal size tree where I live is more like 35+ meters in height + geography deviations make the default setting of 20 highly impractical. I'm not claiming it was a bad choice and still check the setting before each flight anyway.  Just curious how this default was determined and if anyone agrees its a good idea that it could be adjusted to something else. If yes, what would be an ideal setting?
2016-1-6
Use props
Starship
Second Officer

United States

ge0se Posted at 2016-1-6 14:03
Is there a good reason why default RTH altitude is 20m? Any normal size tree where I live is more li ...

I'd like the default setting to be 50 meters.  That would cover trees, and most buildings, except in big cities.
2016-1-6
Use props
vonbaron1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe it should be labeled as a summer only UAV.
2016-1-6
Use props
naildrivingman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112451 ft
United States

My aircraft, batteries and RC are at v1.4 Should I upgrade?  The above comments suggest no.  Suggestions or advice is appreciated.  I am running the latest DJI GO app on my tablet (Apple)  Problems?

Could someone walk me through the calibration steps post upgrade if that is what I choose to do?

Thanks.
2016-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules