Its all going to shhit!
1935 17 2016-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shed14
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6854 ft
Australia

haha, this is all too funny, but it was only a matter of time.
put quads in the hands of monkey, and monkeys then make the news. the news makes drones look bad. bad press attract public backlash, authorites have to act. manufacturers need to keep selling their drones so restrictions get tighter and tighter.. freedom of flying anywhere is slowly dying..
its starts now with geo authorisations
next all our flights will be logged and sent to dji.
dji will hand this to the aviation authorities , then after a time of data mining and sorting they will see where everone is flying.
from this point the next step will be all dji pilots have to log a flight plane before your can start your engines..
its all inevitable.  
its the monkeys you see on youtube flying at excessive altitude, idiots flying into the white house, that are killing the hobby for everyone..
but dji wants to put a drone in everyones hands well this can only get worse.
its only a matter of time before someone does the unimaginable and brings a plane down and then hobby drone flying will be a thing of the past..
it will all become regulated and commercial pilots will be the only ones allowed to fly them.
moral of this rant... enjoy your flights of freedom while it last.. cause sooner or later drones will no doubt become illegal for private use like laser pointers!
safe flying amigos!
2016-1-3
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

No one says you have to take the firmware updates.
2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-3
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-3 18:09
That will be incorporated too.

Not if you never let it hit the internet. Of course all of your flight logs won't be updated either. But if you are dead set on not updating, then your flight logs are the least of your worries. Besides, there are ways around it. I'm not concerned. I am on 1.4 and plan to stay there.
2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

Rebel Posted at 2016-1-3 18:22
I was basically talking about those who are already beyond the point of no return. Im 1.4 also and ...

Well, yeah. I am also on 1.4 and I am considering selling it once the inevitable happens. I figure a bird still on 1.4 in pristine condition will maximize my profit.

But for the ones who have already taken the newer updates the future looks bleak at this point. I have even dissected the firmware code (although without a lot of uninterrupted time) and I haven't yet found the section of code that prevents downgrade by 1 revision. Give me enough kid-free time and I will find it though.
2016-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have taken every new firmware update and Go app improvement since day one.
I can still remember the awesome day, when Pilot became Go. So much fun...
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php ... ional-DJI_Pilot_App
There should be another good one, any day now... ;-)
Being on old firmware is so, yesterday... Get with the current times, boys and squirrels...

RedHotPoker

2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

gas.tube Posted at 2016-1-3 15:01
No one says you have to take the firmware updates.

No firmware update = No warranty. If you don't do the updates and something goes wrong then the warranty won't be honored.
2016-1-3
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Wow,
Some funny $hit here and some not so funny $hit here...
Red and Rig,
Where abouts a in Canada are you?
I am in the lower mainland in BC if you are in the area...
Remember 1812...Maybe we should hook up at a Tim's to discuss strategies, it should not take more than a minute as it sounds like someone wants a do-over!..
2016-1-3
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

2016-1-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Yes, I can't disagree, the whole picture of the drone publicity looks pretty bad now... Also i'd kindly ask you and other folks not to use bad language on a forum!
Thanks!
2016-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Rigworker Posted at 2016-1-3 20:28
You should pull your head out of your arse and stop making stupid statements like that. Red and I a ...

I posted a thread of my forum Sig, and he asked if my RC collection was a wish list. Hahaha
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid275671
So I posted pics, and he fuc*ed off to his moms house, and hid behind her pleated polka dot Hutterite skirt. Hahaha
He likes her First World War army boots...

RedHotPoker
2016-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-3 21:28
Yes, I can't disagree, the whole picture of the drone publicity looks pretty bad now... Also i'd kin ...

Yes, we all ask nicely, then it gets out of hand, without your mature adult supervision.
Perhaps some time off, will help them get a grip on the foul tongue. ;-)

A month of away time, will help those hot heads cool the heated jets too. Hehe

I just quench mine in an oil bath.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-3 21:15
Wow,
Some funny $hit here and some not so funny $hit here...
Red and Rig,

We're in Edmonton Alberta Bro. Close enough to pass notes across the fence. Hahaha

Keep your eyes wide open, for any insurgence and them evil looking drone pilots... ;-)

Yes, several of us should hook up next summer for a drone party... Yee haw...!!

RedHotPoker

2016-1-3
Use props
gas.tube
lvl.2

United States

AK Eagle Posted at 2016-1-3 21:16
No firmware update = No warranty. If you don't do the updates and something goes wrong then the wa ...

I'm out of warranty. Not worried.
2016-1-4
Use props
Rigworker
Second Officer
Flight distance : 52303 ft
Canada

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-3 21:28
Yes, I can't disagree, the whole picture of the drone publicity looks pretty bad now... Also i'd kin ...

Sorry Tim. That guy regularly posts garbage. I think it is just to get a reaction. Unfortunately, I caved in and gave it to him. My apologies
2016-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules