Photogrammetry Tool
5519 26 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kolesnikov-dn
lvl.1
Russia

DJI, we need photogrammetry tool for Ground Station 2.4!!!
I think this is not really hard to write software without being tied to Google Earth!
Now there are many other APIs available.

2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. If we have news about ground station, we will tell the customers.
2016-1-6
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
United States

That is what DJI has been saying for quite some time now.   Kolesnikov  I myself have 11 s900/s1000 units, and have been waiting for these updates and changes for more than 2 years now.   I am afraid that you are out of luck like the rest of us that have invested thousands in buying their so called professional line.   Its really a shame but I have to say that I will never spend a dime on buying anymore units from them.  At least not until they make their application support better.  One thing I can suggest you is to stay away from the DJI groundstation and try UCSG as it has way better photogrammetry tool and also allows you to geotag as well.   I have been using it for quite sometime now and its 100% better.    DJI should have added this option to geotag specially when they try to make photogrammetry tool to be such a fantastic option but unfortunately without the geotagging option it makes it pretty much useless to some of us who need geotag.

Not saying the S900 is not good.  I love it, but the applications available just suck.
2016-1-12
Use props
gmarc007
lvl.1

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-1-12 19:33
That is what DJI has been saying for quite some time now.   Kolesnikov  I myself have 11 s900/s1000  ...

I just started using ugcs as well.  Flavio couple questions, have you found a way to not get the crabbing effect on flight lines?  also is there a way to set you altitude height vs GDS.    Can you set bank turns in stead of stop and turn to reduces flight time?

I also notices the flight time for missions are not accurate.

Thanks
2016-1-13
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
United States

gmarc007@yahoo. Posted at 2016-1-14 01:45
I just started using ugcs as well.  Flavio couple questions, have you found a way to not get the c ...

the program works pretty good, but they are improving it as they go along.   Its strange I do not get any crabbing effect on my flight lines.   For altitude height vs GDS and the bank turns its something I have not been able to get either but I do have a contact in their tech and development team so I will ask them.   I told them about the geotagging and they added it.  Maybe not because I asked them but I did tell them that for those with the professional series of the dji are now stuck without anyway of geotagging so they added it.

Its definitely a work in progress but its so far doing a lot more then what the DJI GS did.

What UAV do you have?   Are you doing photogrammetry work a lot?  I am in the process of testing my rtk kit on my s900
2016-1-14
Use props
gmarc007
lvl.1

United States

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-1-14 08:32
the program works pretty good, but they are improving it as they go along.   Its strange I do not  ...

Yes I do a ton of photogrammetry work.  I have a S1000&900 Sony A600&a7rii, Also use the P3 at times.
2016-1-14
Use props
oscar.oggp
lvl.1

United States

gmarc007@yahoo. Posted at 2016-1-14 14:28
Yes I do a ton of photogrammetry work.  I have a S1000&900 Sony A600&a7rii, Also use the P3 at tim ...

Is the UGCS compatible with the S1000?, I guess might sound dumb question, but, Is that independent of the LB2?, the reason I am asking is because I just ordered an LB2 with a ground station, after reading a lot of posts and threads now I am getting scared about getting it to work (when I get it).

Thanks!
2016-1-18
Use props
gmarc007
lvl.1

United States

oscar.oggp@gmai Posted at 2016-1-18 20:03
Is the UGCS compatible with the S1000?, I guess might sound dumb question, but, Is that independen ...

Yes should work fine. I run LB1, ugcs is a independent app on your labtop. You will need a 900mghz datalink for the 1000.  
2016-1-19
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Sorry for the late reply, but the 900mhz but is not necessary for the s1000.  We have 6 of them and none of them are running 900mhz.   Also make sure that if using 900mhz that you are still within the law in the area where you are located.  Some countries prohibit or requires a license
2016-2-18
Use props
wiseman
New

Canada

Hi Folks,
We are using a S1000+ with zenmuse gimbal and canon eos 5d for research, mostly vegetation/land cover mapping and terrain modelling. Controlling camera/gimbal with a second transmitter. We had been using a Phantom Vision 2+ so we were suprised to find that the photos were not geotagged and that there was no integrated or freeware type ground control application for flight planning. We admittedly did not do our homework. We are now looking at the UgCS software and my question is what other peripherals do we need? Just the 2.4 ghz modem? and will this get us gps coordinates in the exif file?

flaviomjr, we are in brandon manitoba. where are you located? care to do some consulting?
2016-5-5
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

wiseman@brandon Posted at 2016-5-5 10:19
Hi Folks,
We are using a S1000+ with zenmuse gimbal and canon eos 5d for research, mostly vegetation ...

Hey wiseman,  sorry for not getting back to you sooner.   I hate that this site does not have some kind of notification that can be sent to email.   So you bought you got the S1000+ with zenmuse gimbal and canon eos 5d.   Doing that kind of work controlling the gimbal with a second transmitter is a pain in the ass!   The UgCS software is a pretty great app comparing to the crappy DJI ground station.   If you already have the craft, you need the 2.4ghz btu which is fully compatible with the UgCS software.   I haven't used it for a while since I have been busy with other stuff but I can help in any way possible.  

The new version of the UgCS also allows you to geotag the images as well!  Which controller are you using?  I will be picking up where I left off again soon with all my testing.   I would like to offer Endvi services to some people in my areas but have also had problem with photogrammetry software not working well.   Looks like now UgCS has refined their app to work better with the DJI UAVs.   I have tested it a couple of times, but that was before they integrated the option to geotag so processing things was not very simple if you know what I mean.

Getting GPS coordinates directly from DJI controller is impossible, so some people has been using gps logger attached to their Spreadwings, or they laid down GCP in order to get their work processed with good accuracy.   
2016-5-8
Use props
wiseman
New

Canada

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-5-8 19:38
Hey wiseman,  sorry for not getting back to you sooner.   I hate that this site does not have some ...

Hey Flaviomjr,
Thanks for your message. We are using the A2 controller. I just ordered the 2.4 GHz controller and we are going to try the UGCS application. If we can geotag the imagery that would be awesome, but we normally use reflector of convex mirrors that we have good coordinates for as well.

You are right about the using two transmitters; major PITA but we were unable to get it setup so that we could use the A2 to control the gimbal. I have limited RC background and not a lot of patience. All we want to do with the gimbal is control the shutter and tilt. Is that possible with the A2?

2016-5-9
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

wiseman@brandon Posted at 2016-5-9 13:12
Hey Flaviomjr,
Thanks for your message. We are using the A2 controller. I just ordered the 2.4 GHz ...

I have only been able to get it to control the shutter trigger.  I have not tried to get it to control the actual gimbal but it may very well be possible.   Generally for photogrammetry having control of just the camera shutter is ok, you can always use UGCS to plan your flight and where to snap the pictures, as for the tilt I just tilt the camera down manually.   

That would be the easiest way, but I have a contact at UGCS and I have reached out to them to ask about gimbal control.  I will let you know when I hear from them.

2016-5-9
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

wiseman@brandon Posted at 2016-5-9 13:12
Hey Flaviomjr,
Thanks for your message. We are using the A2 controller. I just ordered the 2.4 GHz ...

I got a message back from my contact at UGCS  and he has told me that currently the UGCS can't control the gimbal, only camera shutter.   Like I said, you can still use UGCS to do your photogrammetry work and geotagging, but you will just have to point the camera down prior or after take off manually.

2016-5-10
Use props
wiseman
New

Canada

Thanks for the info flaviomjr. Just wondering how you point the camera down manually??
2016-5-10
Use props
dennis.ryan
New

gmarc007@yahoo. Posted at 2016-1-15 03:28
Yes I do a ton of photogrammetry work.  I have a S1000&900 Sony A600&a7rii, Also use the P3 at tim ...

Hello all!

Thanks for some great content on this thread!

We are an engineering/geo firm out of Northern California trying to get our S-1000 functional (it will be ONE YEAR on Jun 2nd! - THANKS DJI!).  We started with the Lightbridge to try to get both FPV and photogrammetry for inspection as well as mapping.  Our integrator couldn't get that to work, so we abandoned the FPV.  Then our integrator told us we bought the wrong camera (no GPS - although the camera was their recommendation), then the Google Earth API went down, the DJI PC Ground Station went away, so we substituted the 2.4gH Data Link, and bought a Canon EOS 5D.  Long, long story short - we are still struggling.

I had hopes DJI would incorporate photogrammetry tool into the iPad Ground Station, but it doesn't look like that's coming.  I have investigated the UgCS, but was leery due to it being Russion.... thank you for your comments, they have made me more comfortable, and we will probably try it - as soon as we get our camera operational.  A couple questions:

1.  Does UgCS have the ability to rotate flight lines?  This is often VERY important when we attempt to fly vertical or near vertical faces for geotechnical analyses.
2.  I have not been able to find the recommended camera settings for the 5D for photogrammetry work.  Can you help me?
3.  Any idea whether we can shoot video as well as single images with this setup?
4.  To respond to one of the questions in the thread - we are using dual Futaba controllers, one for the Multi, one for the camera, and yes - it is a PITA, but the camera is controllable with the second controller.  Bad news, we can't see what it's looking at, so we need to guess - but at least we can move the camera lens up for take-off and landings to avoid damage by prop wash.  
2016-5-31
Use props
dennis.ryan
New

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-5-9 08:38
Hey wiseman,  sorry for not getting back to you sooner.   I hate that this site does not have some ...

Hey guys!
We have the S-1000+ with A2, zenmuse, canon eos 5d, and the new 2.4 gHz Data Link for photogrammetry work, that we are struggling to get operational (separate post).  We have integrated a Canon GP-E2 GPS Receiver to the camera and zenmuse, and although it looks like it will do what we need - if UgCS now has GPS capabilities, that might be WAY easier.  I have read a couple articles that said where to find the GPS data - but we haven't progressed to that point yet.  Any thoughts on the relative accuracy that we might see from the GP-E2 compared to the UgCS GPS data?

thanks
2016-5-31
Use props
nomad65
lvl.3

United Kingdom

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-1-13 03:33
That is what DJI has been saying for quite some time now.   Kolesnikov  I myself have 11 s900/s1000  ...

8#
nomad65 Posted at 2016-5-27 22:19
Hi DJI Jamie ,

specifically losing the PC ground station . Is there going to be any  follow me fun ...

It is unfortunate that PC Ground Station has become End of Life, however, this system could no longer be supported due to the discontinuation of a necessary plugin from Google Earth. At this time, the A2 would not be receiving an update to include Follow Me to its IOC capabilities. I am not sure as to what you are referring to regarding Point of Interest, as the A2 has that IOC capability and its use should not be affected by any FPV system that DJI makes. If you could clarify the issue you are receiving with Point of Interest, along with your complete set up, I can look into the issue further.

With the introduction of the standalone A3 Flight Controller, which can be used on the Spreading Wings Aerial Platform, it allows the use of mobile and onboard SDK that could compensate for the removed PC Ground Station and the absent Follow Me function. If the uses of PC Ground Station and Follow Me are something that you need, I would look into upgrading to the A3, especially if you already have Lightbridge 2 installed on your rig.
2016-6-1
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

dennis.ryan@ver Posted at 2016-5-31 18:06
Hey guys!
We have the S-1000+ with A2, zenmuse, canon eos 5d, and the new 2.4 gHz Data Link for ph ...

The accuracy really depends on a couple of different factors but I can guarantee you that the A2 controller gps is going to be more accurate compared to the Canon Gp-E2.  Also there is no need for you to use the gps on the canon, UGCS will use the A2 for gps data and then you can use the Geotagging options in the UGCS player which will let you synch all the recorded points and allow you to tag the images based on the gps trigger event times and the timestamp of each picture.    The only thing you have to do is make sure you check the sync time from the camera and the UGCS application to ensure there is no offset time.    But the best thing to do is use GCP and process it in pix4d

That will be the best accuracy
2016-6-9
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

dennis.ryan@ver Posted at 2016-5-31 17:56
Hello all!

Thanks for some great content on this thread!

what pisses me off is that the issue with the pc groundstation is easy fixable.   Google earth is not the only source they can use for map.   
2016-6-9
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-6-10 02:13
what pisses me off is that the issue with the pc groundstation is easy fixable.   Google earth is  ...

I appreciate your frustration.  It would require a complete redesign of the system which we are doing for the Data Link Pro.  If it was easy it would have been done.  That is why the Data Link BT for iOS is still operational.  It uses Apple maps.  That is not a favorite of many of our users.  We try but we cannot satisfy everyone.
2016-6-9
Use props
2kleung
New

Hong Kong

Photogrammetry tool was so important for me, this is also the reason why I choose DJI!
I hope that DJI can solve this problem, so that I can support you continuously!
2016-6-15
Use props
cgdourado
lvl.1

Brazil

flaviomjr@vtolx Posted at 2016-1-13 10:33

Hi Flavio, I own a modified F450, equipped with the E-800 Kit,
Naza M V2 controller
Zenmuse H3D3 for GoPro (with lens 4:35 No fish eye)
With the battery 8.000mah can fly safely 20 minutes.
I would like to work geotagging with this Drone.
I have the 2.4 data link.
Using the CGU software, you think you can do the job ???

You know if the PC ground station for Windows is running ??

Thank you very much
2016-6-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

cgdourado@hotma Posted at 2016-6-30 03:19
Naza M V2 controller
Zenmuse H3D3 f ...

No it is not, unfortunately PC Ground Station has reached its end of life due to Google's discontinuation of Google Earth. Only iPad Ground Station is available.
2016-6-30
Use props
timketels.hotma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122162 ft
  • >>>

Can someone confirm that the photogrammetry tool is functional in the new groundstation with datlalink pro + A3 + LB2 ?
i need to be sure for 2 customers
2016-7-4
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

cgdourado@hotma Posted at 2016-6-29 15:19
Naza M V2 controller
Zenmuse H3D3 f ...

The DJI groundstation is no longer available for PC.   I currently use A2 flight controller, with UGCS for photogrammetry.   UGCS has geotagging capability but you need to be using a gimbal and camera that will allow the application to trigger the camera so that it will know exactly the time the shutter action took place and then you are able to use the geotagging option to process it.

De que parte do Brasil voce e?   Eu sou de Sao Paulo, mais morei no Estados Unidos 18 anos e agora moro aqui em Quebec.
2016-7-8
Use props
esmoreido
lvl.1

Russia

Hi guys,
I was surprised to see so many replys that GS is not functional any more. I had a positive experience of using it in August 2016 on a Win10 PC. Worked fine for me, Google layer and all other functionality was OK.
My system setup was
Tarot FY680
DJI Naza M V2
DJI 2.4 Datalink

I have a question to the audience regarding non-DJI gimbal and camera shutter control with GS photogrammetry tool and Naza-M V2 autopilot. I have a Sony A6000 camera and HDMI to AV converter (see here) that allows for shutter triggering via IR control. I am confused with the setup - which goes where? The AV cable should go to FPV Tx (I suggested this one would do - Tarot TL300N), the other cable - to Naza F1 channel controller, but I haven't tried it yet. Is there a common solution for this kind of wiring setup?
The other question I have is about the power supply. I see hanging everything on the same battery that powers the motors is not a good idea. Hence I'd like to set up a separate power supply for the gimbal, FPV Tx and shutter control. Could anyone make a suggestion please?
Thanx in advance!
2017-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules