Motors wont start Phantom 2+
6783 21 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smorrisjmorris
New

United States

Please help me getn my drone flying again. I stored it in a closet when we moved and got it out recentaly to fly. The vision app would not connect and the motors would not start.Thanks in advance!!! Steve Morris Parkersburg, WV

2016-1-4
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

What do the Phantom Rear LEDs show when you try to start the motors?
2016-1-4
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Is your wifi extender fully charged and the controller is it the newer type with control she'll or older with batteries?
2016-1-4
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Motors may not start or will not start for a few reasons, one is the position of the sticks (have to be centered) and another is the S1 & S2 switches (have to be up) or other reasons, that said, there may be a refresher needed. You are the second poster recently to indicate their bird would not fire up or fire up properly after having sat for a bit...Kind of weird actually that these things could go dormant or stale after sitting for a bit unless there is more to this than meets the eye. Key is to keep them dry, run the battery/s down to 20% or so if expected to sit for more than 10 days and so on. My Phantom sat for six weeks this past fall and fired up like i put it away yesterday so no clue what could be ailing yours.
Try hooking up to your Phantom Vision Assistant to make sure all is as it should be, check battery status etc. and go from there and that the app on your phone/tablet is good, maybe delete and reload that as well.
Panamon and Roy have brought up a couple of immediate things i would check as well.

Good luck
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1h ... ry%20Guide.pdf?dl=0
2016-1-4
Use props
yoakumr
New

United States

I'm having the same problems.  DJI sat for a few months and not will not move.  Green back lights blinking slowly.  Front two lights wont come on at all.  Please help
2016-1-5
Use props
yoakumr
New

United States

Weird thing happened!!!!   Just reset the remote to the phantom per instructions. By the way I have a phantom 2.   Set it on my car for a minute to see if it would work and I jiggled the controller and the drone came on so I moved it about 50feet to the front yard with the propellers buzzing, but the propellers were spinning without enough force to raise it off the ground so I just turned off the remote.  The drone then went up about 30 feet and headed back towards my vehicle.   After a few moments of panic the drone responded to the remote control and I was able to land.  Once it sat back on the ground I couldn't control the drone any more.   So same issues as before.   Please help!!! RY
2016-1-5
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Wow
A few things wrong with that whole picture.."jiggled the controller and the drone came on"!...
Anyhow,
I would plug the Drone and then the RC in to their respective Assistants and recalibrate everything, pretty sure you initiated an RTH when you had the Phantom on and turned off the RC. if you have not flown for a while you might also want to refresh a few things before your next flight.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I have had a Phantom Vision sitting unused for about a year now. I will give it a try later tonight or tomorrow.

Dave
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

yoakumr@bellsou Posted at 2016-1-5 15:34
Weird thing happened!!!!   Just reset the remote to the phantom per instructions. By the way I have  ...

Something is very wrong there... I would not fly it till you get it checked.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2016-1-6 09:46
Wow
A few things wrong with that whole picture.."jiggled the controller and the drone came on"!...
A ...

That is what I was thinking also...

Dave
2016-1-6
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

yaokumr:
Northofthe49th is spot on. Keep in mind that if the problems are not hardware ,they are software. Check for any possible physical damage. If none is found, proceed to calibrate everything. When I say everything, I mean treat this unit as if you have just opened the box. Charge Batteries.  Connect to Assistant Software(Remote First , Then Quad).  Perform all software updates(Remote Then Quad). Place quad on a level surface(While connected to Assistant Software). Calibrate IMU(Basic and Advanced). Once complete, turn off quad, disconnect, connect remote, Calibrate joystick input. Once this is complete, turn off remote, disconnect, reconnect quad, turn on quad , open P2 software Assistant ,turn on remote and under Basic menu Calibrate Endpoints. This action allows both components (Remote and Quad to be able understand each other)
Meaning that if Remote is not Communicating properly with Quad , the CSC Motor Startup Command will not respond.  
Cannot explain what exactly is happening with your unit. I do know that if this process fails to yield positive results, any attempt to fly this unit can become costly.
  Hope this helps. Good Luck Man.
2016-1-7
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

When unit sits for months on end the batteries n the quad, the remote control and the wifi unit all slowly deplete. If the RC gets to low it can drop its binding. Needs to be fully charged or new bat ties if it the older unit with AA batteries. Do as above and treat it like it was new and charge everything and go through the rebinding process  if you can't get control and rebind wifi if you don't get a connection there. Everything is electrical and conunts on the batteries.
2016-1-8
Use props
ole
New

Denmark

Michael Starley Posted at 2016-1-7 14:44
yaokumr:
Northofthe49th is spot on. Keep in mind that if the problems are not hardware ,they are sof ...

I have the same problem - but with P2 not P2+.
You wrote: " turn on quad , open P2 software Assistant ,turn on remote and under Basic menu Calibrate Endpoints". Q: Calibrate Endpoints? . I just had made a Calibrate on both P2 and remote with success (It's writing: Ready, after the Calibrate). And what do you mean by Endpoints? Under Basic menu, I can't find "endpoints" (only Mounting, RC and Gain). In the Assistent, I can see the RC reacting ok.
Every  thing is charged and updated. But the P2 doesn't react when both joystick goes down (wont start).
ANY GOOD IDEA?
2016-1-24
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Are both switches in up position?
Any chance you blew ian ESC or motor?
Any weird sequence of lights on your phantom?
2016-1-24
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

I think I have experienced similar issue with Phantom being in storage all summer. I figured, if I start motors right after drone power up and before connecting phone via WiFi - I have no isseu with starting motirs with remote CSC. Then I connect my phone and it is ready  to fly and no issues during flight at all and after landing motor start/stop works even with phone connected, figures...

PS. After Advanced IMU calibration - everything back to nornal.

2016-1-24
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

Did you get it going? I live in Ripley and may be able to help.
2016-1-24
Use props
karim.s.basma
New

Lebanon

plz how do we restart the remote ?? do we have do plug it to the computer ? cuz i have the same problem my motors wont start and its not taking any satelite
2016-5-15
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Can you give more detail
What is not working?
Are your switches s1 and s2 in the up position?
2016-5-15
Use props
I had a similar problem with 3 vision+ that I own. I hadn't used them for more than 9mo and when I went to start each of them, nothing, no lights, no action.  I had charged the main batteries and they showed 4 bars. I called DJI,  but no help.  Called Atlanta Hobby and the tech guy said it was the main batteries as after they sit for a while they will show a full charge, but in fact they aren't charged.  Once a load is put on them they drop the voltage and that Phantom won't work.  I looked through all 5 of my main batteries and found one that had a constant read light when it showed 45 green bars (the other ones showed a flashing red light when there were 4 green bars). I installed that in my phantom and it turned right on and works fine.  I am trying now to see if I can recondition the other batteries, but it appears that the problem was bad batteries.
2016-5-17
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Those batteries should have auto discharged and should be fine if you charge them up, if not, i would work on DJI to replace them if they are less than a yr. old.
2016-5-21
Use props
chris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130840 ft
New Zealand

I have  finally decided to ask for help too. Vision 2+ with no camera. I have changed the plugs to give me telemetry etc. full recal, compass calibration, IMU reset, RC calibrated with DJI assistant, SSID BINDING ok. The motors will not start via the controller, but if I use auto take off within the App, all 4 motors go crazy trying to take off (no props installed) but the only way to stop them is to power off the the drone battery. Moving the sticks does change the motor pitch as expected, everything seems to work except the control stick start sequence. Yes all the mode switches are up.  VERY FRUSTRATING!  Any ideas out there?
2016-6-6
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
Ireland

chris@photograp Posted at 2016-6-6 09:30
I have  finally decided to ask for help too. Vision 2+ with no camera. I have changed the plugs to g ...

Try downloading the RC software assistant, and recalibrate with this too. What ever you do though, do NOT upgrade the firmware. It appears Dji have an incorrect firmware version available to some Tx's. You might loose more control. Just use it for extra calibration.
2016-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules