Flight Records - How do i get my Hours back?
2497 14 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
C_LUU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481988 ft
Australia

Hi All,

I had an issue with firmware update 1.6 where i had to delete the DJI Go App and reinstall and everything worked fine again. However i dont have my total flight hours or flights anymore, even after i have logged in? is there a way to get them back or are they gone forever?

Cheers
2016-1-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have not synced them, then they are gone from the flight records in the app.
You can get the DAT files from the aircraft and upload them to HealthyDrones.
In the future, always sync your flight records after each flight or at least once a week.
2016-1-4
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 12:20
If you have not synced them, then they are gone from the flight records in the app.
You can get the  ...

Thanks DJI Ken,

I will look into getting the DAT files from my P3P, to be clear will this file have all historical flights on it or just the latest flight data? ie after firmware upgrade?
2016-1-4
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

A separate DAT file is created for each flight.  Your most resent flights will be there however the earliest flights may be gone as the data starts to overwrite when the SD card becomes full.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

C_LUU Posted at 2016-1-5 13:27
Thanks DJI Ken,

I will look into getting the DAT files from my P3P, to be clear will this file h ...

Here are the instructions on how to get the DAT files.
To get the DAT files you power up the aircraft, controller, app. Go into MC settings, then Advanced settings, then enter flight data mode, connect the Phantom to your home computer via USB post (on the aircraft, not the gimbal)
You'll hear the Phantom beeping and it won't stop until all the flight records are copied onto your computer.
2016-1-5
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks DJI-Ken
2016-1-5
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-1-5 23:05
A separate DAT file is created for each flight.  Your most resent flights will be there however the  ...

thanks for your reply Hummingbird.uav

I clear my SD card after every flight so does this mean i wont have any of my old flight data?
2016-1-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

There is an internal micro sd card, and the second one we use, for updates and our recording, in the camera gimbal.
Double your pleasure, double your fun...
They thought this drone out, in length... ;-)
When I exchanged my iPads, more than once... & Forgot the cloud.
Please refer to my avatar...

RedHotPoker

2016-1-5
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

C_LUU Posted at 2016-1-5 17:42
thanks for your reply Hummingbird.uav

I clear my SD card after every flight so does this mean i w ...

Following DJI-Ken's instructions will give you access to the internal SD card.  As I have stated this is the one that overwrites when it becomes full.  The other downside of this data is this it is hard to interpreted.  There are websites where the data can be uploaded and it gets displayed in an understandable manner.  If a flight log is important to you, uploading your data to the cloud is the easiest way to keep a log.  I also keep a flight log in an excel spreadsheet.  A bit more work but I have other UAVs that don't keep their own logs.  (192hrs airtime, 901 flights since 2012)
2016-1-5
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

hummingbird.uav Posted at 2016-1-6 11:01
Following DJI-Ken's instructions will give you access to the internal SD card.  As I have stated t ...

Cool thanks for the info
2016-1-5
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-6 09:51
There is an internal micro sd card, and the second one we use, for updates and our recording, in the ...

ahah thanks for the info mate
2016-1-5
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 23:43
Here are the instructions on how to get the DAT files.
To get the DAT files you power up the aircr ...

Hi DJI-Ken,

I have connected my P3P using the method you have suggested, however i am having issues locating the SD card with my laptop? How are the file downloaded? Are they saved automatically somewhere on my laptop? or do i have to navigate to find them and save them via copy and paste?

I entered the flight data mode via the go app and the beeping commenced when i attached to laptop, but no file drives were showing up on my PC?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

C_LUU Posted at 2016-1-10 22:32
Hi DJI-Ken,

I have connected my P3P using the method you have suggested, however i am having iss ...

Here are instructions how to view hidden files on PC or Mac.

Windows system :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
Mac system :
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-1-10
Use props
C_LUU
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 23:42
Here are instructions how to view hidden files on PC or Mac.

Windows system :

Hi DJI-Ken,

Yes i can already view hidden files on my PC, that is simple.

I am having issues knowing where to find the DAT files?? Is the P3 supposed to show up on network mapping like an external harddrive? where am i actually supposed to find the hidden files? Nothing comes up when i plug the drone into my laptop, it only starts beeping.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

C_LUU Posted at 2016-1-11 09:26
Hi DJI-Ken,

Yes i can already view hidden files on my PC, that is simple.

Power everything up and in the MC settings  go to Advanced settings, then "Enter Flight Data Mode" and follow the instructions.
2016-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules