[DJI GO Tutorial] MC Settings
48407 25 2016-1-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi everyone,
Some of you have expressed interest seeing some tutorials for the DJI Go app, so we wrote this one to help you learn (or review) some aspects of the app. Today, we’re going to focus on Main Controller (MC) Settings.
Tap here to access the MC Settings
1492456078.jpg
IMG_0918.PNG

Beginner Mode
IMG_0919.PNG
What does Beginner Mode do?

Beginner mode will limit altitude and distance from the take-off point to 30 meters.
Once the aircraft reaches these limitations, it will not be able to fly higher or further away.
The aircraft will not take off with a weak satellite signal, just like when it is indoors.
Beginners can turn off the Beginner Mode at home and start the  motors without mounting the propellers to check if the motors are working properly.
Keep Beginner Mode on if you are a freshmen drone pilot!
IMG_0920.PNG
IMG_0921.PNG

Limiting Altitude and Distance
Turn off the Beginner Mode and you can set your own maximum flight altitude and distance.
Note: remember to press ‘Done’ after entering the values.
IMG_0923.PNG

This is what the map displays after adjusting the maximum distance to 150m:
IMG_0939.PNG

Gain & Expo tuning
IMG_0924.PNG
IMG_0925.PNG
Controlling Control Stick Feedback with EXP
EXP values reflect the logical relationship between the control-stick movements you make and the feedback from the aircraft. The X-axis represents degree of control stick movement and the Y-axis represents outputs that will have different EXP values a control-stick movement.

Simply put, X-axis represents how much the control-stick is being pushed, and the Y-axis represents how fast the motors will spin at a given stick value.

To use an analogy, if I have 50 bucks, I can purchase products that cost 50 dollars.
But after the EXP has been adjusted,
I still have 50 bucks, but I can afford products worth 70 dollars, or I can purchase products worth just 30 dollars.
Summary
With the same control stick movement, a greater ESC value will yield a greater response from the aircraft.
Try out adjusting these parameters yourself, but remember, safety first!

Sensitivity Settings
IMG_0927.PNG
Sensitivity seems similar to expo, but they are different. Expo is related to how far you move the stick, while sensitivity is related to how quickly the aircrafts react in relation to the stick movement.

Attitude adjusts how aggressively the aircraft reacts to a given movement.

Similarly, you can compare Break to the breaks of a car. Break sensitivity is the responding speed of the brake.

Gain Settings
Friendly advice: if you are not experienced user, stay away from these settings!

IMG_0928.PNG
The EXP changes the controlling feedback by adjusting the curve of remote controller.
The sensitivity implements this by adjusting the reaction speed of the craft during flight.

Advanced Settings
IMG_0929.PNG

Switching between Flight Modes
There’s a more through introduction to flight modes linked at the end.
As a beginner, you just need to understand P and F modes. We recommend not using A mode.

What prompts will occur if the flight mode is unable to be switched?
IMG_0930.PNG

We can use the Intelligent Flight Modes after enabling Multiple Flight Modes under MC Settings > Advanced Settings.
Neglect the mode of direction lock option since it is unable to be chosen.

RTH Setting
Please refer my previous post about this subject:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-38269-1-1.html
Caution: the Failsafe RTH  doesn’t take wind speed into account, so it may not be able to come back to the original location if it departs with a tail wind but returns with a headwind.
IMG_0936.PNG

Enter the Flight Data Reading Mode
This setting will not be used normally, but you can use it to find out the cause of the crash as soon as possible.
IMG_0931.PNG IMG_0932.PNG

Sensor Setting
IMG_0933.PNG
What are these parameters used for?
They are used for calibrating the IMU.
IMG_0934.PNG
When do I need to calibrate the IMU?
If app prompts the IMU is not working properly.
If the gimbal tilts from the central position.
If you’re having trouble controlling the aircraft.
If the aircraft takes too long to warm-up.

How to calibrate the IMU?

IMG_0935.PNG

Turning the Front Arm Indicators On and Off
You may want to turn off the Front Arm Indicators to avoid light interference when shooting at night.
IMG_0936.PNG

Remember to reactivate the lights after you’re finished shooting, otherwise the aircraft will be hard to see.

Restoring to Default Settings
If you forget what changes you have made, you can restore the Main Controller’s default settings under MC Settings > Reset All Settings.
Caution: Reset all Settings will only restore the MC Settings, not all the settings in the App.
IMG_0937.PNG

IMG_0917.PNG
2016-1-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

@DJI-Tim,
Two thumbs up... ;-)
Thanks for your continued support. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-1-5
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

I'm not getting much sleep either
Great job!
2016-1-5
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

thanks Tim! what are the numbers in the sensors supposed to be between?
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Michael M Posted at 2016-1-6 06:41
thanks Tim! what are the numbers in the sensors supposed to be between?

There are no exact numbers for the compass, but acceleration and gyroscope have to be around zero when the aircraft stands on a flat surface
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for supporting DJI!
2016-1-5
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm trying to fully understand the Expo settings. Would a setting of 0.2 mean that more stick movement is required to produce the same response as a higher setting? Or does it mean that it takes longer to get that response? Does a lower Sensitivity setting reduce the overall speed; for instance, a reduced Attitude setting is required to slow down throttle, forward, backward and yaw speed? And what does the Yaw EndPoint do?
2016-1-6
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

This is awesome!! Thanks Tim! Tim one question. I find it hard to get smooth video when turning the drone because it is too aggressive. If i was to take Attitude from 100 to 50 this would make the drone turn a bit slower, correct?
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-1-6 06:59
I'm trying to fully understand the Expo settings. Would a setting of 0.2 mean that more stick moveme ...

A setting of 0.2 would mean more stick movement to produce the same response. It tames down the aircraft. This is what you would want to produce smother movements for video. Lower sensitivity on the break would mean the aircraft will not come to a stop so abruptly. This is also good for smooth video.
2016-1-6
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-6 18:55
A setting of 0.2 would mean more stick movement to produce the same response. It tames down the ai ...

Does a lower Sensitivity setting reduce the overall speed; for instance, a reduced Attitude setting is required to slow down throttle, forward, backward and yaw speed? And what does the Yaw EndPoint do?
2016-1-6
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Dave Posted at 2016-1-7 02:55
A setting of 0.2 would mean more stick movement to produce the same response. It tames down the ai ...

This is perfect. I find the default settings to be too snappy for my taste (personal pref). Thanks for your input Dave!
2016-1-6
Use props
calneffy
New

United States

Great stuff, thanks. I have questions regarding the Intelligent Flight Mode - Follow Me, I fly a P3S:

1. Is the drone following the controller or the iPhone?

2. How far apart can the controller and the iPhone (or other device) be separated?

The controller/phone combo is bulky so it would be nice to just throw the phone in an arm band or something and go run... leave a "pilot" on the controls as backup.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

sifu128 Posted at 2016-1-6 13:20
This is perfect. I find the default settings to be too snappy for my taste (personal pref). Thanks ...

Glad to help.

Dave
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

calneffy Posted at 2016-1-6 14:20
Great stuff, thanks. I have questions regarding the Intelligent Flight Mode - Follow Me, I fly a P3S ...

You have to have both. Not sure how far apart they can be.

Dave
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

JerryLaurence Posted at 2016-1-6 13:06
Does a lower Sensitivity setting reduce the overall speed; for instance, a reduced Attitude settin ...

No it does not reduce over all speed.

I never use yaw endpoint. i would guess it makes the yaw movement less abrupt when you stop the yaw. Not 100% sure one that one though.

2016-1-6
Use props
Ryano305
lvl.2

United States

Dave I was looking at some preflight checklists and I see this under check values:

RC Exp & Gain (0,5-0, 4-0,5)
IMU Values (0, 1, 1400-1600)

Would you be able to explain what these numbers mean, as in where I would find them in the app and what they are?

2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

sifu128 Posted at 2016-1-6 23:26
This is awesome!! Thanks Tim! Tim one question. I find it hard to get smooth video when turning the  ...

Sifu128
Try to lower the Yaw Gain to 80%
2016-1-6
Use props
sifu128
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-7 10:12
Sifu128
Try to lower the Yaw Gain to 80%

Thank you!! I will give this a try!
2016-1-7
Use props
kwee.edison
lvl.1

Malaysia

@DJI-TIim, when I fly my drone using practice mode, really troublesome. The first flight are ok, until 1 point my drone auto set home point, and I know this problem after 1 month.
My drone can't back to my location, this happened when I'm in the third floor of building, and this really made me panic.
2016-1-8
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great input Tim. I always look forward to your posts along with Dave and Ken's remarks. I also feel that the Tutorial thread is a great asset that makes it easy for us to gain knowledge from others.
2016-1-9
Use props
Manong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193976 ft
Netherlands

Thank for the awesome info.

I have seen a tutorial on you tube and there the pilot could toggle with the C button between map and FPV.
I can't find this setting.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Manong Posted at 2016-1-11 00:02
Thank for the awesome info.

I have seen a tutorial on you tube and there the pilot could toggle wit ...

It's in RC settings. You can customize your buttons for other settings as well
2016-1-10
Use props
Manong
lvl.1
Flight distance : 193976 ft
Netherlands

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-11 03:21
It's in RC settings. You can customize your buttons for other settings as well

Yes, I know, thank you.
But I don't know wich option it is, it looks like it isn't there're ?
Maybe I read them wrong being new and Dutch and all ;-)
2016-1-11
Use props
joseffchoy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 584216 ft
Malaysia

You are awesome
2016-1-11
Use props
Woffski
lvl.2
United States

Very useful information on this tutorial....  Thanks.
2016-1-11
Use props
fans5e2fb44b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 120312 ft
India

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-5 18:31
There are no exact numbers for the compass, but acceleration and gyroscope have to be around zero when the aircraft stands on a flat surface

http://How control the maximum speed in phantom 4 pro! While the sensor are offed? It fly very while sensor is onn but it's furious when I turn them off!
2017-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules