Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC and Inspire are not connecting
8164 22 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michaelmontano3
New

United States

I recently had a prop drop off which caused a crash. DJI fixed it and sent it back. After I received it I updated the fimware on the RC and then tried to connect the inspire to the RC. It has not connected. I tried to connect them by pushing the red button while updating the rc freq and still nothing . All I'm getting is a yellow blinking light. I don't know if they have installed the latest firmware on the inspire because I can't get it out of travel mode. I can see the inspire on my map but the quad doens't recgnize the rc. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2016-1-5
Use props
James.S
lvl.1

Australia

Michael, I am having the same problem after updating the firmware to the latest version "WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40".
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

You have to re-link your controller and aircraft.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

James.S Posted at 2016-1-6 09:06
Michael, I am having the same problem after updating the firmware to the latest version "WM610_FW_V0 ...

try to re-install the app and relink the AC again
2016-1-5
Use props
michaelmontano3
New

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-5 19:29
You have to re-link your controller and aircraft.

re link it?  So to do this you're saying the app should be un installed and then reinstalled and then go to app and connect aircraft and ac by sync from RC to red button on the aircraft?
2016-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

michaelmontano3 Posted at 2016-1-10 05:21
re link it?  So to do this you're saying the app should be un installed and then reinstalled and t ...

Try to relink, directions on page 32. Then try to update firmware.
There's also a manual bind.
[size=14.6667px]Step 1: Power on Master Remote Controller and Aircraft.
[size=14.6667px]Step 2: Press the Linking button in the nose of the aircraft, as show in the file attached.
[size=14.6667px]Step 3: On the Remote Controller, Press “C1” + “C2” + “Video Record”
[size=14.6667px]Step 4: Then, press the “Camera Settings Dial”. A green indicator light indicates bind is successful.

InspireOneManualBind (1).pdf

393.39 KB, Down times: 307

2016-1-9
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-9 23:52
Step ...

Same problem here re linking is not working tried 3 different devices, ipad, iphone and galaxy s5, reinstalled apps on all of them too not working il try more tomorrow
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-1-12 13:14
Same problem here re linking is not working tried 3 different devices, ipad, iphone and galaxy s5, ...

Can you fly the aircraft and have no video? Or you can't connect to the aircraft period?
2016-1-12
Use props
robtmcd
New

United States

I just got my Inspire 1 and having the connection problem.

1) I upgraded the firmware on the Inspire to Inspire 1 Firmware v.1.6.0.40 - got the success message for that.
2) The RC stated an upgrade was needed to 1.5.70 - download success, but it keeps failing to install.
3) The connection will not stay on. Every time I try to upgrade the RC it fails and disconnects. I have to turn off/on just to get a "No Signal" notification.

Also, I tried the manual connection several times with no success.

HELP!!!

***Update*** - I took my tablet off WiFi and enabled data and that seemed to make everything connect. Doh!

2016-1-12
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 06:46
Can you fly the aircraft and have no video? Or you can't connect to the aircraft period?

Cant fy it, when i turn on remote, AC and app it thinks its a phantom, no video, cant link does not give me the count down
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-1-13 00:22
Cant fy it, when i turn on remote, AC and app it thinks its a phantom, no video, cant link does no ...

If you are unable to re-link the aircraft, and also doing a reset on the controller then you may have to send it in for repair. And you said the app thinks it's a Phantom, is it an Inspire that you have? If you scroll left or right you can find your aircraft. But regardless, if everything was connecting it would scroll by itself and let you into the page of your aircraft.
2016-1-12
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 08:28
If you are unable to re-link the aircraft, and also doing a reset on the controller then you may h ...

when i use android it will let me chose the inspire, but on Apple it automatic think its a phantom, the option to relink controller wont start countdown it ask Comfirm Frequency Settings ? and options to master slave wont apear no video no control at all of the AC.  remote is updated to the latest but ramdomlly ask for the same update.

All this for an UPdate ? A required Update ? you guys should think about this required update thing and let ppl make sure they want they device broken
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-1-13 02:00
when i use android it will let me chose the inspire, but on Apple it automatic think its a phantom ...

I'm not following what you are saying, can you get a screenshot of the " Confirm Frequency Settings"
So besides the app not connecting to the aircraft, you also cannot connect the RC to the aircraft with the relink procedure in the manual, or a manual rebind to the aircraft.
Leave the app for now, you don't need it to fly. Try to to the manual bind without a device plugged in.
2016-1-12
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 10:12
I'm not following what you are saying, can you get a screenshot of the " Confirm Frequency Setting ...

Manual binding without the app wont work too, i tried C1+C2+Record And the other metods too with the 4 buttons press and turn on and off with buttons pressed, itried all metods in the internet.
its something wrong with the RC update i thing is something went wrong and it just didnt show
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-1-13 02:37
Manual binding without the app wont work too, i tried C1+C2+Record And the other metods too with t ...

Dumb question, since your app thinks it's a Phantom. There's no chance you downloaded the aircraft firmware and installed the BIN file of a Phantom into your Inspire by accident did you?
I'd also try to download the Inspire firmware again, format the SD card and install the Inspire BIN in tot he Inspire and try it.
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
2016-1-12
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

Got it !
DJI take a look at this on your next software update

Yesterday using my GalaxyS5 i updated RC, And than AC using Sdcard
got Success at all but then RC still said it needed update  even knowing it was the same it was installed
i ignored but than RC was not connecting to AC, tried to relink and no luck,
tried updating RC again Fail, and still asking me to update even knowing it had the latest
changed to ipad, ipad didnt want to let me change to Inspire said it was a phantom 3 still could not link the RC no camera no conection at all to AC
Back to Android uninstall all DJI software installed back clear cache, nothing still didnt connect and still asking for update of RC
Tried to update many times the RC all fails and still showing current version and new version were the same

Now this is what fixed
Went back to ipad, same thing, it think its a phantom 3, no camera no control showing update required
so i tried to update on the ipad
thing went Crazy remote started beeping message show error and " HARDWARE MALFUNCTION CONTACT DJI" message.
but update bar still going so i let it finished
i restarted remote and AC started again and right away detected Inspire 1 and MSG to update desapear
even on the android MSg desapear and its working fine

My only question is WTF DJI Why required updates if they can cause a ton of crazy bugs?  and i almost had to send my AC to you guys  
wasted 2 days trying to figure this out.

2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-1-13 02:59
Got it !
DJI take a look at this on your next software update

I'm glad you got it figured out. I have never heard of those issues before and don't know why you got them.
It definitely sounds like some controller update issue. Possibly could have been an interruption while your RC update was downloading from your internet WiFi or phone data. That's the only thing I can think of since it kept trying to update the RC.
2016-1-12
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 11:41
I'm glad you got it figured out. I have never heard of those issues before and don't know why you  ...

You know i had an issue like that  a few times before, on the last update got to the location and got a msg to update required and the place didn't have internet or cell signal so i could not fly, as soon as i got home i tried to update and there was no new updates available.
2016-1-12
Use props
warheadbr
New

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 11:41
I'm glad you got it figured out. I have never heard of those issues before and don't know why you  ...

You know i had an issue like that  a few times before, on the last update got to the location and got a msg to update required and the place didn't have internet or cell signal so i could not fly, as soon as i got home i tried to update and there was no new updates available.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

warheadbr Posted at 2016-1-13 09:21
You know i had an issue like that  a few times before, on the last update got to the location and  ...

When it says update required, is does not mean you cannot fly if you do not update. You are still able to fly.
2016-1-12
Use props
fans726e8dda
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-9 23:52
Step 1: Power on Master Remote Controller and Aircraft.

Hi DJI-Ken, I have a new Master Remote for my Inspire 1 Pro. It will not link to the aircraft, all I get is the "confirm frequency  settings" during relink. With regard to the manual binding do I have to hold the link button on the aircraft and all 4 on the RC? Nothing is working to bind the remote.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans726e8dda Posted at 2017-3-2 23:08
Hi DJI-Ken, I have a new Master Remote for my Inspire 1 Pro. It will not link to the aircraft, all I get is the "confirm frequency  settings" during relink. With regard to the manual binding do I have to hold the link button on the aircraft and all 4 on the RC? Nothing is working to bind the remote.

I responded to your PM.
2017-3-3
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

fans726e8dda Posted at 2017-3-2 23:08

It wont bind because you are not on compatible firmware, YOU MUST have FW that is compatible with the AC and the RC  or it will not work and give you that frequency warning .

What version are you on with the aircraft currently ?  if you are up to date on the AC for example this would be 1.10.***. then you would need to be at 1.76 for the system to bind correctly .
If you are on version 1.8 on the AC then you would need to be at 1.6 on the RC then you could Link .

YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO LINK until you get to compatible firmware, the "frequency confirmation " will keep popping up ....trust me seen this 50 times

Link via the remote contol settings once you get the proper FW on the RC to match you AC .  the manula link is NOT  going to work till you get the above worked out , then once you do linking is a breeze VIA THE GO APP remote control setting .

donnie
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules