Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal malfunctioning after bad wreck need help
1501 2 2014-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jk.gilbert
lvl.1

United States

I had a very bad wreck with my Phantom 2/H3-3D Gimbal/Hero 4 setup.  The wreck was a fall from approximately 40 feet, landing into creek rock.  A couple of propellers broke.  The thin arm that attaches the Hero 4 had broken, and the Hero 4 was detached from its flex cable and Gimbal housing.  The crash appeared to occur from the battery power dropping below 50%, although I have no way to show that.

I have replaced the propellers.  I have bush-repaired the bracket and re-attached the Hero 4 to the Gimbal.  I have repaired the flex cable and re-attached it to the Hero 4.  

I have performed re-calibration and advanced re-calibration of the Gimbal unit.  It appeared to calibrate successfully.

I have powered up the Hero 4, the controller, and the Phantom 2 in that order.

I have allowed the Phantom 2 to lock on to 9 GPS satellites.

I have spun it in circles correctly.

I have flown the Phantom 2 to fifty feet as a test.  It hovers in place and is stable.  It flies in all directions as normal.  I landed it normally.

I seem to have two remaining issues:

#1.  The Gimbal unit is malfunctioning at power-up.  It is trying to do something, and I believe as it's not able to complete it's function, it keeps trying to do whatever it is attempting to do.

#2.  i believe that the vertical Gimbal arm is slightly bent.  Maybe this is the reason for problem #1.

What else can I do to get this functioning properly again, or is it time for a new Gimbal?

Here's the video I took of the problem today so that you can see what the Gimbal is doing:  http://youtu.be/cMjUxCFLWDk

Thanks for any suggestions that you can offer!
2014-12-30
Use props
jk.gilbert
lvl.1

United States

Anybody out there willing to help me?
2015-1-6
Use props
DJI-Dboy
lvl.4

China

Hi, sorry for the late reply.
the issue may due to servo motor or IMU board malfunction.
For the first case, try to remove the cap and tighten the screw inside.

meanwhile if when you rotate the motor (no electricity) there's stuck or resistance, the motor needs to be replaced.
For the second case, contact the dealer for further repair.

IMG_20150107_135707.jpg
2015-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules