Purple flickering video :(
2081 12 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lucasgandy
New

United States

I see blue and purple lines on my display when I fly my drone. It has never done this before. My firmware is up-to-date. I have not flown it much. Used several SD cards and had the same result. Please help. Here is a video that I took: Please view link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9vTbkGLtciSSjJUM0Q5UzhnN0E
2016-1-5
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

Interesting, it almost looks like a  signal issue but those dont usually come through when recording.  See what your channel selection looks like on your video feed.  Do you have it set to auto find the channel? I've gone to using channel 20 as the default on mine.  Another question, is there a lot of signal interference  in your neighborhood?  
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please upload the video to youtube and post the link here .  Are you flying a Phantom 3 Standard or  Phantom3 Pro/Adv ? Have you checked the black ribbon cable ?
2016-1-6
Use props
mgeske24
New

My p3 just started doing this also was there a fix?
2016-10-23
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

mgeske24 Posted at 2016-10-24 03:16

Yes I'm having the same problem after updating RC to 1.8.....GO to tutorial section and hundreds are having the same problem...bad video stream.....after upgrade...Read and they want to blame it on device.....but had no problems until 1.8 with same everything
2016-10-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

As that file is in 720p resolution then I am guessing you copied it off your tablet. The real file is on the SD card in the aircrasft, the one you uploaded is only intended to be used for faming the shot and gauging exposure. The real file will not have that interference.

Also I notice the RC unit has the antenna ends pointing at the aircraft, which will limit your range severely. At the distance it is flying there it should not be a problem, but take the time to read up on anetnna orientation techniques. The two antennas should be pointing straight up in the air most of the time.
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

mgeske24 Posted at 2016-10-24 03:16

Are you seeing this on your SD card footage or just the cached video? What mobile device and Go app version are you using and did you notice this after a firmware update or a hard landing? Did you change mobile devices recently?
2016-10-23
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-24 05:13
Yes I'm having the same problem after updating RC to 1.8.....GO to tutorial section and hundreds a ...

Could you please answer the same questions as on post #7?
2016-10-23
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

I received a auto update of go app to 3.0 after that received  a notice on go app that i needed to update rc....so went online and received rc 1.8 firmware and thats when vide feed became horrible..color bars e erywhere....went to forum and saw others were having same problem after 1.8 rc upgrade....so downgraded to 1.6 and video is fine and flew my P3Pro with 3.0 go app on my Samsung Tab A and AC FW 1.9.6 and alls well..afraid to upgrade to 1.8.
2016-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-28 08:17
I received a auto update of go app to 3.0 after that received  a notice on go app that i needed to u ...

Have you tried using the 3.0.1 version of the Android DJI Go app?
2016-10-27
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

No I'm  afraid too upgrade to 3.0.1 after reading the reviews in google play...Not One positive comment since 10-25-16 when the app was released....I'm also considering going back to Go app 2.9.1 and keeping my RC fw 1.6 installed and ignoring red update required in app. My problems all started with auto update go app 3.0 and 1.8 Rc fw...flew yesterday with 3.0 but video was not as good as before so will downgrade back to 2.9.1....UNLESS you can assure me everythings been i proved with the P3P...1.9.6fw and 1.8 Rc fw and Go app 3.0.1 is good to go?
2016-10-28
Use props
mstrand
lvl.1

United States

I have not read anywhere this setup is good to go anywhere in this thread or the entire forum. I just want to fly and shoot video with no issues. I would like lastest and improved updates, but that does not seem at all whats going on with this good vor all drones go app and or firmware. Sticking to what as worked without updating. Will review forum and see if the problems are worked out then will reconsider....Sad{:4_142:}
2016-10-28
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mstrand Posted at 2016-10-28 23:50
I have not read anywhere this setup is good to go anywhere in this thread or the entire forum. I jus ...

If you've not updated to Android DJI Go 3.0.1 then try it, it resolved the problem of pixilation of image on my Nexus 7 (2013). Albeit I have a Phantom 4 and using all latest updates.

2016-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules