No video with android marshmallow?
3629 21 2016-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 956394 ft
United States

I have no video with my android moto x and marshmallow. I have the latest DJI go app and have the latest firmware on the osmo. I have had it connected to the wifi a few times and get the histogram to work, but it only shows black. Most times when I open the DJI go app the connect to camera button is gray. Is this a known issue with the latest android? Any workarounds? Pretty disappointing that my new osmo is unusable for me.
2016-1-5
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It can be a compatibility issue, could you please try to test another mobile device in the supporting list?http://www.dji.com/product/osmo/info#downloads  Have you activated the Osmo using the app? Also, you can try to reinstall the app and restart the Osmo see if the video recovered. Try to check whether you can check the video in the playback. Please provide a screenshot of the camera view.
2016-1-5
Use props
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-5 23:59
It can be a compatibility issue, could you please try to test another mobile device in the supportin ...

It works fine with my Nexus 7 2013 and my ipad mini 2. But my Nexus 7 is not using the latest android nor does my nexus or ipad fit on the holder of the osmo. It appears to be an issue with the latest android. I have tried reinstalling the app but it still has the same issue.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jonnygsx Posted at 2016-1-7 01:40
It works fine with my Nexus 7 2013 and my ipad mini 2. But my Nexus 7 is not using the latest andro ...

According to the engineers, the NEXUS series with Android 6 can be compatible with DJI GO app, other devices with Android 6 can't support the app right now, but for lower version Android system, the app should work.
2016-1-6
Use props
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-6 20:16
According to the engineers, the NEXUS series with Android 6 can be compatible with DJI GO app, othe ...

Well your osmo does not support holding a nexus tablet or an ipad. Please tell your engineers to update their software so it works with the latest version of android and i can actually use my Osmo.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Jonnygsx Posted at 2016-1-7 12:37
Well your osmo does not support holding a nexus tablet or an ipad. Please tell your engineers to up ...

I will, thanks. You can try to downgrade the android version in order to use Osmo app currently.
2016-1-6
Use props
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-7 15:10
I will, thanks. You can try to downgrade the android version in order to use Osmo app currently.

I will absolutely not risk messing with my essential phone to get the osmo working. I wish just once that something I bought from DJI would perform as advertised out of the box.
2016-1-7
Use props
Jonnygsx
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Amy, for future reference this was user error on my part. But it would be nice if DJI personal actually knew how their product operated on the two most popular mobile operating systems. For future reference on Android V6.0 when you connect to the Osmo wifi a small warning box pops up indicating that there is no internet connection through the Osmo wifi. I was just dismissing this box. You must open the box and choose "stay connected anyways" and then check the do not show again box. My osmo is now working fine.
2016-1-7
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Yeah Osmo works fine of Android 6 and 6.01 on my Nexus 6P.

I think quite a number of Osmo related problems are due to insufficient mobile device capability to handle the HD stream from the Osmo. For example the Osmo works on my Nexus 6P but lags heavily or blank picture on my ZTE Z7 mini running CM12.1. Works great on my iPhone 6 but lags on my iPad Mini.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

sdchew Posted at 2016-1-8 12:09
Yeah Osmo works fine of Android 6 and 6.01 on my Nexus 6P.

I think quite a number of Osmo related p ...

The app can work perfectly for NEXSUS series with Android 6, other devices with Android 6 might be not compatible with Osmo app  currently. And the decoding ability of mobile phone is essential for the video streaming.
2016-1-8
Use props
michael.finlays
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2016-1-8 04:03
The app can work perfectly for NEXSUS series with Android 6, other devices with Android 6 might be ...

Dji amy, I have a Galaxy 6 Edge running 5.1.1 and I got video streaming fine for a week and it stopped yesterday. The dreaded black screen. I loaded the app on my iPad and it worked fine. ONCE! The second time I used it I got the black screen again. Now that it all I get on BOTH devices. Other than not being able to see what I'm shooting they both work perfectly.

M
2016-1-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

michael.finlays Posted at 2016-1-18 07:21
Dji amy, I have a Galaxy 6 Edge running 5.1.1 and I got video streaming fine for a week and it sto ...

What app version did you use? Please try to reinstall the latest app version and upgrade the Osmo firmware.
2016-2-14
Use props
robie
lvl.1

Philippines

My nexus 7 II marshmallow has no video when using the p3a
2016-3-23
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

robie Posted at 2016-3-24 07:19
My nexus 7 II marshmallow has no video when using the p3a

As regard to any question about P3A, please ask in the Phantom section, our representative will help you step by step.
2016-3-23
Use props
raycappelmobile
New

United States

I had the same issue where no picture would show up and it was not touchscreen controllable with a Verizon Samsung Note 5 running Marshmallow.  It worked effortlessly with Lollipop, but quit after my Marshmallow upgrade.

Well, when you connect the cord to the controller, a bar shows up in the notification panel that shows what the USB is being used for.  If you tap that, it brings up a selection.  The default is Charging Only.  The first is transfer media files.  When I selected transfer media files, everything works perfectly.

Some had suggested using ShutApp because of a possible conflict with Litchi, but that did not work for me.  Simply selecting to allow the USB to have two way communication with the transfer media files selection fixed my issue.

Hope this helps somebody out there!
2016-4-16
Use props
Err0xx
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I'm using a Nexus 6P on Marshmallow and for the most part, Osmo works well with the device- I know it's a Nexus, which is supposed to be compatible, but there is another little bug that's annoying as mess, especially if I'm having to shoot one handed.

If I press the red "record" button within the DJI Go App while connected to Osmo, the Osmo records fine, no issues; however, if I press the physical record button on the Osmo handle, it will record for about 20 seconds then the DJI Go App will display a grey still screenshot of whatever was on the screen when the recording stopped. The red blinking recording light on the Osmo handle keeps blinking like the Osmo is recording, however it doesn't appear to be. The only way to reconnect to the Osmo handle when this happens is to restart the Osmo by holding down the power button or pulling the battery- sometimes the power button won't shut the Osmo down if this lockup described above has occurred. If it locks up in this manner, the recorded file is usually around 20 seconds long, despite the red blinking record light continuing to blink after the lockup has occurred. I've tested with 2 different Osmo handles and the same thing happens on both. Not sure if I have 2 faulty handles or if it's a firmware/software issue with Marshmallow or a firmware issue with the handle itself.

TLDR: using the physical record button on the Osmo handle causes the Osmo to record for 20-40 seconds, lose connection with phone, the red record light to keep blinking on the Osmo handle, and the only way to reconnect phone to Osmo is to pull battery or restart via holding power button down. App software record button doesn't cause this issue. So the physical record button seems to be bugged.
On Android Marshmallow Nexus 6P. Most recent firmware.

2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

raycappelmobile Posted at 2016-4-17 10:59
I had the same issue where no picture would show up and it was not touchscreen controllable with a V ...

That's it!
Thanks for your feedback!
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Err0xx Posted at 2016-4-18 04:30
I'm using a Nexus 6P on Marshmallow and for the most part, Osmo works well with the device- I know i ...

Hi,
Have you checked the SD card? If you shut down the Osmo without pressing the Record button to stop the ongoing recording, some of the footage may not be saved correctly in the SD card. The properties of the SD card may affect the quality of the image transmission to the DJI GO App. When the App freeze but the indicator on the handle shows that the recording is on, then the Osmo should be recording.
Please just try again!
We would be always appreciated with any of your feedback!
2016-4-17
Use props
Err0xx
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-17 23:30
Hi,
Have you checked the SD card? If you shut down the Osmo without pressing the Record button to  ...

Yes I have checked the SD card itself and the SD card works perfectly in about 8 other devices- absolutely no issues. There is zero footage being recorded to the SD card after the app locks up, despite the red recording light continuing to blink on the Osmo itself. The SD card is a Sandisk Extreme 95MB/s write and 90MB/s read, barely a year old.
As I explained earlier, after the app locks up, pressing the record button again on the Osmo handle does nothing. None of the Osmo controls do anything after the app locks up, even the power switch doesn't work sometimes. As I said, the ONLY thing you can do after it locks up is to use power switch, if it works, or if it doesn't work you have to pull the battery.
2016-4-18
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Err0xx Posted at 2016-4-19 05:07
Yes I have checked the SD card itself and the SD card works perfectly in about 8 other devices- abs ...

Thanks for your information!
Could you please test more times?
What's the volume of your SD card? If it's exceed 32GB, please format it into exFAT file system, otherwise, please format it as FAT32 file system in the DJI GO App.
If the problem exist all the time, you may need to contact your dealer for further help, we would recommend returning your unit for our further analysis.
2016-4-20
Use props
miguel.tanous
New

Mexico

Hello, I have a DJI Osmo and im trying to use it on an LG G4 android 6.0 and it wont connect. The screen shows black with a bunch of N/A s all over the screen. Is there any solution for this issue?
Tha
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

miguel.tanous@g Posted at 2016-9-3 06:31
Hello, I have a DJI Osmo and im trying to use it on an LG G4 android 6.0 and it wont connect. The sc ...

It should work, I suggest you try another phone, if it still doesn't work, please email support@dji.com and send it in, or if you just bought it, contact the seller for an exchange.
2016-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules