Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
[DJI GO Tutorial] Video Downlink Settings
56257 47 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if this is a good thread to wake up and ask my question / report my experiences but I'll try.

I have had my Phantom 4 for 3 days but I have been reading and watching for some time. I have everything updated to current, DJI GO 2.8.4 on both a Nexus 7 2013 and a iPad Mini 2 borrowed from a friend.

The video downlink constantly breaks up on both at any range from sitting next to the drone to 30m in Beginner Mode. I noticed that I couldn't get to Custom mode - I am in the UK - on either tablet and read up on changing the region on iOS which I did. When I moved the slider down from 10Mbps to 4Mbps, regardless of channel, all was *perfect* on the iPad and the quality was fine for me. I could not find a way of doing the same on Android but there may be one.

While I understand the need to protect channel selection in some regions I do think that the downlink speed management needs to be exposed to all as the default setting doesn't work for me and for others I have seen posting on the forums. I am not sure if it's supposed to be adaptive by default or simply based on distance from the controller (or is the distance on the slider just a hint?) but having an "Auto or fixed" type control for all regions would be great. Please.
2016-8-30
Use props
peter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

It turns out that I was slightly misinformed. The iPad Mini I was loaned was an original and not a "2". I borrowed an iPad Air 2 from work for the weekend (we use them in training courses) and the difference is clear. Auto mode, while not flying mind, works perfectly with or without hardware acceleration enabled.

I still think the bit rate should be tuneable without regional locks though as it may help others and also not sure how this all works with live streaming too.
2016-9-2
Use props
fans2cd0776a
Flight distance : 96260 ft

I'm having issues with video signal breaking up and want to reduce the transmission rate from 10 to 4... I test flew this morning using several touchscreens such as one Huawei mobile phone, one Samsung Galaxy tabS an ipad and ipad mini. Only the 10" ipad worked without any video break up. I cannot access the slider on the mobile and samsung tabS I've just bought the drone and don't want to have to buy a new ipad at £400 to fly it...

Can anyone help please, I can see the slider for a split second when flicking from two side settings (including HD tab) I'm wondering if there is another setting that is stopping me from accessing the slider??

Other than this extremeley annoying issue, the birds a beauty :-) Oh I have a Phantom 3 Pro (P3P)  

2016-11-3
Use props
PatBloke
Flight distance : 96260 ft

fans2cd0776a Posted at 2016-11-3 22:47
I'm having issues with video signal breaking up and want to reduce the transmission rate from 10 to  ...

I think I may have cracked it following something I read elsewhere... I have managed to access the slider to adjust the video data transmission level. I did it by weirdly changing the language settings on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S to (English US) I've set the rate to 6 as opposed to10.... Works ok indoors so lets see what happens tomorrow :-) blades crossed!
2016-11-3
Use props
Djnel21569
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17674 ft
United States

Thanks  i'm a beginner it's great  to learn great things about my phantom 3.  I'm learning more about my Drone  every day
2017-7-7
Use props
fans9f85da53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 502982 ft
United States

Are there similar tutorials for the Inspire 2 so I can learn more about the custom settings? Please email me atphildevore@icloud.com to let me know. Thanks again
2017-10-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Very informative.......thanks!
2017-10-26
Use props
Mark Weiss
First Officer
United States

I stumbled across a web site about 2 weeks ago, which described a procedure for changing the video downlink frame rate (not the camera frame rate).

I think that if you're recording 4K 24, there's no need to have the video downlink running at 60FPS. I'd like to set it to 24FPS and see if that a) reduces battery consumption and b) extends the range just a bit.

But I cannot find that article, nor do I remember where I was browsing. Does anyone know? It seems to be a setting in Crystal Sky display, if I recall the screen shot from the article.
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules