x5/gimbal incorrect startup position and drifting
1766 11 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jedrzej
New

Denmark

Hi,

I have an issue with my x5 gimbal. After the latest update, when i power up Inspire gimbal is calibrating like it usually did (turining both directions). Problem is that afterwords it sets it's self up in a 45 degrees to the left postition istead of pointing forward like it use to. It also drifts slightly like some other people mentioned it already on the forum here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D216%26typeid%3D216

I tried calibrating the compass, IMU and the gimbal itself.

Anybody else having similar issues?

2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, write down all your settings, then reset all settings and it should start up and go straight.
2016-1-6
Use props
Arrow1969
lvl.4
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have had exactly the same problem resetting it has had no effect, sounds like a problem with the latest firmware
2016-1-6
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

I note that at startup the gimbal setting is not in FPV. If you go into the Go App, select the airplane on the LHS & select the airplane with the lock it will snap into the correct forward, straight ahead position. There doesn't seem to be any issue after that when you yaw the gimbal, seems OK
2016-1-6
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

Got the same issues since .60 FW on I1 Pro.
Deactivating the synchronous gimbal checkbox helped to eliminate the drifting for me. (Have a look in the gimbal  settings - advanced settings)
2016-1-8
Use props
Fink
New

United States

I have this exact same issue - I will try resetting the gimbal settings as Ken has suggested to see if that resolves it.

Some things to note on mine in case it helps others:

1. If I manually swing the camera around to the maxed out clockwise position and then power it on, it starts up pointing in the correct orientation after it does the calibration routine/dance.
2. If, after powering up it is still stuck at the 45 degree, maxed out clockwise position, resetting the gimbal yaw brings it back straight again.
2016-1-8
Use props
ayrshireuav
lvl.3
Flight distance : 957297 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I commented on this a few days ago.  I did all the resetting and it's still the same.  When I fly it flys at an awkward angle even after calibration.  The images taken were fuzzy too.  Something isn't right.  We can't all be doing something wrong
2016-1-8
Use props
domidragon90
lvl.2

Switzerland

It is since FW. .50 or .60 I think
2016-1-16
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

My X5 will drift also.  Even without flying, just sitting on flat ground trying to get camera settings it will drift.  Focus issues and getting the App to let me calibrate the lens has become an issue as well.  Can't figure it out, ugh/
2016-1-17
Use props
ghostbudz
lvl.2
Canada

Anyone found a solution to this gimbal drifting issue ?
2016-5-14
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Downgrade the camera firmware............. See: http://forum.dji.com/thread-52361-1-1.html
2016-5-14
Use props
KS Drones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 513655 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I got the same problem-.... tried everything... I am wonderring if changing the gimbal with the dealer.... would help... If its the firmware or in the drone.. Then I will be stuck with the same issue again.
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules