PLEASE READ! The FAA IS DEVELOPING TECH TO TRACK DRONES
1926 13 2016-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

Seems as if they contracted out to CACI to develop a system of tracking drones. For those who know CACI, you'd know they are no joke.
Capture.JPG
2016-1-6
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-6 15:40
Is there any chance of you linking to the PDF noted in that screen-grab?

It might offer further rea ...

http://www.faa.gov/uas/legislati ... c-Federal-14136.pdf

There you go...
2016-1-6
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good, I'm all for anything that will help identify reckless or illegal (no 333) UAS operators.
2016-1-6
Use props
AlaskanTides
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032293 ft
United States

I thing electronic ID emitting and registration are the way to go! forget this silly Geo-fence idea.... this will ensure personal accountabiliy without the need for some extensive network and having to unlock areas in advance.
2016-1-6
Use props
dgmultimedia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 216526 ft
United Kingdom

It's interesting that in their flight testing exemption para 19 is "impossible" to compliy with !
No Non military Drone has an Inertial navigation system as a backup for the GPS receiver !!!
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FAA has not contracted them, this is just the FAA letter to CACI approving their exemption. Seems CACI is trying to develop a tracking device that's all.
I have a 333 exemption and ly FAA letter is identical to this one as all 333 exemption approval letters are. just different names and reason for exemption is different.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dgmultimedia@me Posted at 2016-1-7 17:13
It's interesting that in their flight testing exemption para 19 is "impossible" to compliy with !
No ...

I just caught, that is the standard verbiage on EVERY exemption including mine.
Although mine is number 18 since I have on of the first exemptions and mine says nothing about tethered UAS operations from number 18.
2016-1-7
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Newer technology will come from new technology. There is going to be a lot of things in support and some against.
2016-1-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I  am not surprised and surely more technology will follow soon.

The one that I think should be outlawed is frequency jammers... no one is safe to fly if these are out in the wild.

This will cause a lot of destruction of aircraft and $$$

Rich
2016-1-8
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-1-8 12:24
I  am not surprised and surely more technology will follow soon.

The one that I think should be out ...

I would agree. Those are bad news...

Dave
2016-1-8
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Always remember that one technology can be replaced to alter other. There are hacks/mods that can and are being developed as we speak!
2016-1-8
Use props
Skylinewg
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 02:02
FAA has not contracted them, this is just the FAA letter to CACI approving their exemption. Seems CA ...

I'm not sure you understand just how the Gov't goes about these things. The government itself doesn't create or produce technologies, well they used to but now they pretty much send out requests for proposals to various contract entities to create or modify new tech or existing tech. CACI is one of their partners. That's what put up the red flag for me. I could tell you how I know, but I'd rather not. Just trust my words.
2016-1-18
Use props
MacDyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136211 ft
United States

I'm not doing anything illegal so they can waste as much time and money as they wish tracking me!
2016-2-6
Use props
MacDyver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136211 ft
United States

Flyin'Bryan Posted at 2016-1-15 22:38
Here it comes.. mandatory license and insurance.
https://www.rt.com/usa/329145-drone-license-insuran ...

I think there's a reason God placed California between the San Andreas Fault line and the Pacific Ocean.
2016-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules