Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Phantom 3 Advanced issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msalve412
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1388369 ft
United States

Hi,

I purchased a phantom 3 standard and returned it when I realized the wifi was not reliable enough for me. After now purchasing my Phantom 3 Advanced I have a few issues. One the drone does not land as smooth on RTH as the Standard, the other issue is I also upgraded to the advanced because of the visual positioning system for indoor flight. I have tried a few flights now indoors and it bounces around and jumps about an inch in altitude without me touching it. I have calibrated the ISU and it hasn't helped. Hopefully someone can help me out. Any help is greatly appreciated.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

When flying indoors you have a lot of air buffeting around so it may not be perfectly still. Also don't fly i GPS mode, it will wander around some.
Post a video so I can see the bouncing.
2016-1-6
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-6 22:58
When flying indoors you have a lot of air buffeting around so it may not be perfectly still. Also do ...

Hi Ken thank you for the reply. I will have to record it tomorrow as the battery is dead atm. How do I turn off the gps mode indoors? I tried switching the mode switch to the middle and the GPS stayed on.
2016-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

msalve412 Posted at 2016-1-7 12:13
Hi Ken thank you for the reply. I will have to record it tomorrow as the battery is dead atm. How d ...

The middle is ATTI and let's you fly without GPS assistance. You need to enable multiple flight modes.
2016-1-6
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-7 13:12
The middle is ATTI and let's you fly without GPS assistance. You need to enable multiple flight mo ...

Heres the bideo you reuqested. The only control inputs from me are pulling it back when it gets too close to walls and objects and obviously the take off and landing.
2016-1-7
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

http://youtu.be/3tMp34PiW8w
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

msalve412 Posted at 2016-1-8 00:24
http://youtu.be/3tMp34PiW8w

Everything is working perfectly, you're in ATTI mode because you have yellow flashing lights instead of green flashing lights. and look at the confined space you are in, there's so much air buffeting around there's no way you aircraft will stay put.
Now go in the front yard with a good IMU and compass calibration and hover 5-10ft in the air and I bet your Phantom will sit pretty still.
2016-1-7
Use props
Scootchu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20102 ft

United States

That's the way mine moves inside.
2016-1-7
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-7 11:54
Everything is working perfectly, you're in ATTI mode because you have yellow flashing lights inste ...

Ok great, that's one issue taken care of. What about the RTH landings not being smooth? When the standard would descend it would increase the fans a bit to decrease the descent speed right befor touching the ground where as the advanced is just coming down.
2016-1-7
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-7 11:54
Everything is working perfectly, you're in ATTI mode because you have yellow flashing lights inste ...

Ok great, that's one issue taken care of. What about the RTH landings not being smooth? When the standard would descend it would increase the fans a bit to decrease the descent speed right befor touching the ground where as the advanced is just coming down.
2016-1-7
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

msalve412 Posted at 2016-1-8 01:47
Ok great, that's one issue taken care of. What about the RTH landings not being smooth? When the s ...

Post a video of a RTH landing with the controller on the ground. if it's not windy and it has a very rough landing then you can send it in for repair.AMke sure to do IMU, compass, and gimbal calibration first. If that doesn't work then "reset all settings" make sure to wrire down all your settings first and sync your flight records to the cloud.
If none of that works, then send it in.
2016-1-7
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-7 13:29
Post a video of a RTH landing with the controller on the ground. if it's not windy and it has a ver ...

I haven't had a chance to record the RTH yet but the VPS does not work outside either. It just drifts off in one direction and doesn't stop. I have tried the reset and recalibration I am going to try updating the firmware and if it still doesn't work I guess I will have to tell Amazon about the issues and request a replacement.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

msalve412 Posted at 2016-1-8 11:19
I haven't had a chance to record the RTH yet but the VPS does not work outside either. It just dri ...

You did a IMU calibration correct?
2016-1-7
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-8 12:25
You did a IMU calibration correct?

Yeah I did IMU calibration, compass, and gimbal. I also updated the firmware and the VPS seemed to work until the third time using it after the update. However the RTH landing is still hard. I have only had this P3A since tuesday and it has done this since I opened it so I assume it is deffective.
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

msalve412 Posted at 2016-1-8 13:01
Yeah I did IMU calibration, compass, and gimbal. I also updated the firmware and the VPS seemed to ...

Try to look on youtube and see if there are some RTH landings on the P3 to see if yours acts similar or if yours lands harder.
Also, make the video or yours landing, If it is abnormal you can send it in for warranty repair.
2016-1-8
Use props
msalve412
lvl.1
United States

I will get the video ASAP unfortunately weather has been terrible here the last few days. After searching more on forums it seems that the DJI Phantom 3 Advanced and Professional use to land just as smooth as the Standard until a firmware update was released and it has never been taken care of since.
2016-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules