Gimbal clamp
802 5 2016-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jobem
lvl.2

United States

Do you put your gimbal clamp on when not flying? Or is it just something used to stabalize during shipping the product?

Thanks
2016-1-7
Use props
Nink
lvl.2

Canada

Supposed to put it on when not flying  (or in my case crashing into trees).   I still put both the foam block and plastic clamp on.  The challenge is I forget to take it off when in a hurry and I am not sure how forgiving the gimble is after powering on the drone several times without removing the clamp.
2016-1-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Nink Posted at 2016-1-8 15:24
Supposed to put it on when not flying  (or in my case crashing into trees).   I still put both the f ...

It should not hurt the gimbal to power it up with the clamp in place, the aircraft is designed to sense high current in the motors and signal 'Gimbal Overload'.

And to answer the original question, I only put the clamp in place when I put the aircraft into the hard case for transporting. If you are worried about forgetting it, put a large red luggage tag on it.
2016-1-7
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

whenever I put my Bird away, I put the lens cover on that has the built in clamp. I forget every once in a while to take it off, and have had no problems.
2016-1-8
Use props
t2adze
lvl.1

Georgia

Is ONLY plastic clamp enough?
Cause i threw foam one away
2016-1-8
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft