Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

I just got back from my trip to SO CA using my new OSMO. Everything was going nicely until I put the OSMO to sleep. I tried to wake up the OSMO and the gimbal slammed about  which caused the one axis to lock...

Well I unlocked the gimbal and connected to the Wi-Fi then restarted the DJI Go App and then could not get the video feed on my phone. The gimbal was working fine and responded to everything normally. The Wi-Fi was connected and the battery level showed up in the App.....   Just could not get the video or camera feature to become active again. I was very frustrated to say the least, now I couldn't use the camera at all. The OSMO would not work without the DJI App or phone connected.

I hope this saves someone out there with the same problem before getting mad.

The solution is the SD card (chip)!!  If the gimbal swings out of control for any reason, this can cause the SD card to become loose or disconnected. Not enough for the chip to spring out of the holder, just enough to not be connected to the camera.

1) Remove SD card
2) Check the contacts (clean)
3) Reinsert the SD card making sure the card snaps into the spring loaded solid position.
4) Restart the OSMO
5) Connect to the Wi-Fi
6) Start the DJI GO App
7) The camera video feed will be back with everything functioning.

I hope this helps some of you out there that have had this happen to you!

Rich
2016-1-8
Use props
setiawan3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7861 ft
Indonesia

If no video feed appear, my solution is to switch between photo and video mode several times.
It's working to me.

Set
2016-1-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Great find, thanks Rich!
2016-1-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

setiawan3d Posted at 2016-1-10 04:16
If no video feed appear, my solution is to switch between photo and video mode several times.
It's w ...

I could not get anything to work and the camera settings we grayed out and not available. So I would not be able to switch between video and photo modes

Rich
2016-1-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

jimhare Posted at 2016-1-10 14:15
Great find, thanks Rich!

Thanks Jim

I was able to get some of the video at Disneyland, but not much. I will share my raw footage with you as soon as I can.

Rich
2016-1-10
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-1-11 10:54
Thanks Jim

I was able to get some of the video at Disneyland, but not much. I will share my raw f ...

Awesome, would love to see it!  
2016-1-10
Use props
npie12
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62657 ft
United States

Phew!  Thanks for  the post. I just purchase the OSMO for my daughter in college.  I updated the firmware, made a few videos and then the video feed to my Galaxy S6 stopped.  I tried rebooting, reloading the APP and nothing worked.  I said to myself " I can't give this to my daughter to go through this headache".  I searched the forum and found your suggestion...glad I read before getting mad!  Thanks again!
2016-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules