Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS app? Lightbridge 1
4074 19 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
maloneshaun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

come on Dji l know this has been brought up before but this is ridiculous amount of time to wait for the app,seems like your more interested in developing new things than actually supporting systems you have developed and have never worked as promised from day one!
2016-1-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

The problem is that now the iOS version completely fails to connect. Up to a month ago, I could still get a display of basic flight data and a quarter sized video, *now, there is no telemetry and no video. I have not flown this platform (souped up P2 with LB1) for a while now but this is disappointing. Surely it doesn't take that much effort to fix the code?
*edited: select HDMI and AV in video options (not HD Gimbal) to receive 1/4 screen video on the iPhone
2016-1-14
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

I have access to a few P2's with LB setups running on iOS. One of the setups which failed yesterday mysteriously decided to work. In the process of troubleshooting the craft that could not transmit video, I swapped cables, camera and settings. Then I could not get the system that worked to transmit. In all, this has been frustrating. Would be grateful for any suggestions. My suspicion is that the beta iOS app is buggy and the technical folks have tried to fix it but can't find a simple solution - so they have migrated their efforts to the new platforms.

DJI can keep ignoring its pioneer users on the premise that they will likely keep following the new gen of products. However, this doesn't help the company in the long term. Now that it has made ~$ 1 Billion in sales last year, DJI should try to differentiate itself from other companies in providing continued support for its legacy products.
2016-1-15
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

One workaround was to use the HDMI output into a monitor. The iOS display came alive when I selected the HDMI/AV option in the Video Output option (never had to do this previously) but after a power cycle, decided not to work.  Was hoping to gift this setup to a friend but its too fiddly to do that now

2016-1-16
Use props
Harb
lvl.4

Australia

I have been waiting for over a year for them to put up an iOS version of the app......... to be honest it has really changed my thoughts on DJI stuff.....I have 3 inspires and a host of Phantoms, 2 Ronins and 3 Osmos........ and this has certainly soured me.....
My IT system here is MAC based and we use only MAC stuff, and on the promise of the Lightbridge system fitting in with our current systems I brought 3 of them for a special project......I will put more though into this next time.
At a minimum, they should offer a Buy Back on these systems.
And I must say, I have never complained about anything before....ever.....but this really sucks
2016-1-30
Use props
rokazas
New

Lithuania

Or maybe its easier to integrate Lightbridge 1 to new DJI GO app? This app work on iOS. For example, i am using lightbridge 1 with Naza v2 on my hex. Using Dji GO app, i can get only video from lightbridge, but no telemetry and etc. I think its easier and quicker way to make work lightbridge 1 with iOS. And we dont need extra app. Just use one app for all.
But... its DJI...
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hello, everyone!
Sorry that DJI LIGHTBRIGE is not compatible with iOS.
However, we would be happy to introduce the DJI LIGHTBRIGE 2 instead, which is compatible with DJI GO App, it can transmit longer distance and clearer image. For more information, please refer to http://www.dji.com/product/lightbridge-2/info#specs
2016-3-30
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Adela!
nicht dein ernst oder?
Are you kidding me?
That means there won't be any support anymore for LB1?
Your colleagues told us there will be a solution.
But yes, it's easier to apply for a new product!
So, does it mean that we can change our lightbridges 1 to LB 2?
Where can I sent mine?

How does LB 2 work in a 2 controller environment?
And where can I buy only the LB2 ground station?
How can I connect my already existing Futaba T14sg controller as a second one?
How long LB 2 will work with IOS, until the next update?

Thanks
Best Andy
2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

rbh-andy@web.de Posted at 2016-4-1 05:36
Hi Adela!
nicht dein ernst oder?
Are you kidding me?

Hello!
I mean the LB1 doesn't support iOS, we may not provide technical support for iOS presently. Our engineers may put forward another solution in the future, please pay attention to our official website for any further information!
If you wanna purchase LB2, please visit our official online store (http://store.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge-2) or ask your local dealer. You can also purchase the LB2 Ground Station separately.
LB2 is compatible with DJI GO App (which is compatible with both iOS and Android) , and it support Dual Ground Systems Mode. For more details, please refer to P18 in the DJI Lightbridge 2 User Manual.
In LB2, the ground station has been integrated into the Remote Controller. It doesn't support the 3rd party RC.
2016-4-1
Use props
rokazas
New

Lithuania

NICE!!!
DJI, whats wrong with you?! I paid about 1300 Euros for LB1... And now you are saying that i should buy new one?! It does no seems for you guys from DJI, that you will loose all your customers one day?
It seems like you are feeling like KING OF DRONES in this market. The worst thing is, that its almost true... But its just "time question" for how long...
I think LB1 was my LAST item from DJI. I dont know what more to say...  And your support sucks. Your replays looks like BOT replays. Because your write down what your boss told you to write...
2016-4-1
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

rokazas Posted at 2016-4-1 11:04
NICE!!!
DJI, whats wrong with you?! I paid about 1300 Euros for LB1... And now you are saying that i ...

I have to say that I am very disappointed with the non-existing support of Lightbridge 1. It is not so old, and was marketed as a premium device towards pro pilots. Really, it is no fault with it, it supports non DJI remote controllers (which many pro pilots tend to want), so there is more configurable options.
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 2016-4-1 18:24
I have to say that I am very disappointed with the non-existing support of Lightbridge 1. It is no ...

Don't get me wrong!
Sorry! It's just that the DJI Lightbridge Assistant software doesn't support iOS right now.
We would provide all the other supports continually.
2016-4-1
Use props
Rob W
Captain
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-4-1 12:51
Don't get me wrong!
Sorry! It's just that the DJI Lightbridge Assistant software doesn't support i ...

Sorry Adela, but support is not to say "Forget the expensive LB1 we sold to you, go and buy another expensive LB2 instead, that in turn have limited functions so it probably is of no use for someone that has a non-DJI gimbal."

Please, give LB1 users clear answers. I've invested a lot in DJI's products over the years, F450, F550 with Nazas, S800, S900 A2, LB1, Datalinks, P3Pro, P4, Inspire 1 (X5, X5R).
2016-4-1
Use props
rokazas
New

Lithuania

Rob W Posted at 2016-4-1 14:26
Sorry Adela, but support is not to say "Forget the expensive LB1 we sold to you, go and buy anothe ...

Exactly! Now its realy hard to trust DJI. Now you offer new product quite often, but who can promise that, for example, new LB2 or Inspire, or any other product support will be like LB1 now... You will release something new and forgot about previously products...
2016-4-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

There is a post on March 28th 2016 regarding EOL (end of life) products and the termination of support for these. LB1 is not one of these products but the statement makes clear that DJI wants to focus its attention on high volume, high impact products. People, read between the lines....
2016-4-7
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hi Adela, thanks for your answer in this hard discussed threat.

I mean the LB1 doesn't support iOS, we may not provide technical support for iOS presently.

But when we bought or lightbridge 1 less than 2 years ago, DJI promised us the IOS support soon!
So it's a pity that there is no more support! But I think we only run again walls, with this issues!

Best Andreas
2016-4-7
Use props
leewart
New
Flight distance : 20807 ft
United Kingdom

This is unbelievable DJI. Have you really stopped the app working for lightbridge 1 in an attempt to force people into spending another 1500 on light bridge 2 and DJI controllers? I'll be sharing this thread on the forums.
2016-9-7
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

That's what I'm saying! When I dropped over $1,500 on my light bridge 1 there was a iOS app.. It was even in the Apple Store! Then it somehow deleted itself off of my iPad and then I had a hard time getting it back but finally did.. Now it's gone again and no where to be found! This is absurd! Dji you really need to buy these back or trade them in like you did for the 900mhz data link..  Or just make the go app support it like it does everything else you make...  I need this iOS app back or you to trade my light bridge 1 in or something...  I need a working he link with iOS support and for the amount of money I paid I shouldn't lose the ability to use what I purchased like this not even 3 yrs later! The iOS app issues started months after I bought my Lihhtbridge 1...  At least help the people out that bought this system while their was a working iOS app like me! Come on now..  
2017-4-4
Use props
DennisMurry08
Captain
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark97564 Posted at 2017-4-4 18:23
That's what I'm saying! When I dropped over $1,500 on my light bridge 1 there was a iOS app.. It was even in the Apple Store! Then it somehow deleted itself off of my iPad and then I had a hard time getting it back but finally did.. Now it's gone again and no where to be found! This is absurd! Dji you really need to buy these back or trade them in like you did for the 900mhz data link..  Or just make the go app support it like it does everything else you make...  I need this iOS app back or you to trade my light bridge 1 in or something...  I need a working he link with iOS support and for the amount of money I paid I shouldn't lose the ability to use what I purchased like this not even 3 yrs later! The iOS app issues started months after I bought my Lihhtbridge 1...  At least help the people out that bought this system while their was a working iOS app like me! Come on now..

Mark...your wasting your breath...there's NEVER going to be an iOS for LB 1...it's something that's not supported nor do they have anything in the pipe...LB 1 is on its way out...Your only alternative is an Android...I have/had several LB 1's...I've had to use Android tablets as I like the bigger screen..phones will work too...but before you go and buy one make sure the device is supported... I have the problem of carrying Androids and iOS for my different units....talk about a nightmare.....but...this is straight talk...
2017-4-11
Use props
Mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

I've used my iPad since I bought my lb1 almost 3 years ago..  So I had use of my iPad with it the entire time up til about a month ago.....  But I agree with you I'm wasting my breath...  3 yrs lb2 won't be supported either..  I guess Dji strategy is to force people into upgrading but that will only work short term for me.. My ground station too... I bought it to use with my laptop and then support dropped and you lose half its functionality having to use the iPad instead.. The 900mhz ground station was useless after pic support stopped...  But what ever, if the iPad app don't come back soon I won't buy Dji anymore and will bad mouth em to everyone I know...  Upset  enough people off over the course of a few years.. Bad news spreads faster than good news so they are only going to hurt themselves if the things people spends thousands on keep stop working in 2 or 3 years...  
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules