Autopilot logic inspire 1 Pro with x5 camera
1579 7 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

I understand Autopilot Logic is waiting for DJI to release the SDK for the Inspire 1 Pro. Can DJI tell us when this will be released or does anyone have an idea when we'll get autopilot for the Inspire 1 Pro? Thanks
2016-1-9
Use props
emulsiondown
lvl.1

United States

i just posted a new thread with the same question - i'm sorry as i didn't see your thread first.

i asked for the same reason, as well as AirNest, MapsMadeEasy, MapBox, DroneDeploy, Pix4D in addition to AutoPilot.

i've double checked the info on news re the SDK and gimbal/camera controls.
2016-1-9
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Downloaded 3.1 which is updated to include Inspire 1 Pro. I have programmed 2 flt plans for Zipline and waypoints but was plagued with cold weather. The IMU couldn't calibrate so have not had chance to try it yet. Only slight hitch is that the APP has crashed a couple of times. Will delete and download again.

2016-1-22
Use props
Nick119
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3764045 ft
United Kingdom

Thompsonrh Posted at 2016-1-23 02:27
Downloaded 3.1 which is updated to include Inspire 1 Pro. I have programmed 2 flt plans for Zipline  ...

No update here yet !
2016-1-23
Use props
Nick119
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thompsonrh Posted at 2016-1-23 02:27
Downloaded 3.1 which is updated to include Inspire 1 Pro. I have programmed 2 flt plans for Zipline  ...

Is this a Beta test Thompsonrh ?
2016-1-23
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Yes it's a beta test. You have to register then you're sent the link
2016-1-24
Use props
Nick119
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thompsonrh Posted at 2016-1-24 21:02
Yes it's a beta test. You have to register then you're sent the link

Thanks id registered previously but there was a problem which has been sorted ! thanks.
2016-1-24
Use props
Thompsonrh
lvl.2

Canada

Surprised there isn't more chatter about  Autopilot for Inspire 1 Pro with the X5. I'm using the beta version 3.1. I've had multiple exchanges with Autopilot Logic and to date have only got it to partially work once (we're quite restricted in Montreal because of the cold temperatures at this time of the year). Tried many times but now it won't even connect to my Inspire 1 Pro. If I try to connect now then it appears to crash. In fact it just flips  into the background. I can bring it back to the foreground but after a few seconds it disappears from view again. Autopilot Logic thinks there's a problem with the DJI SDK. They're hoping for an update shortly. Me too. I'm assuming no one else is having this problem with the Inspire 1 Pro and autopilot? BTW I know the Go App must be closed for Autopilot to work. I'm using an iPad Air (1) but get the same problems with my iPhone 6.
For me, when it's working, I'd prefer that Autopilot was a switch in the Go App. I find the Go App very reliable and intuitive now. Easy to use. Autopilot looks really amazing and sophisticated but I'd feel a lot more confided if I could engage it from the Go App and disengage and return to the Go App if something went pear shaped.
2016-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules