1218 10 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Hey guys -

My main goal is to upgrade to the X5R when released in March. I have the camera on pre-order through B&H but have been doing some thinking.

I own the original Inspire 1 with the X3 camera and am wondering if it's better to sell the bird as a whole and put the proceeds towards buying the Inspire 1 PRO with X5R for $5,999 or just buy the X5R camera and use it on my original bird?

I notice the $5,999 package comes with the updated motors, 2 TX controllers, the iso-board which I would have to buy anyways etc etc. But does it come with the SD media card for RAW recording?

Thoughts?
2016-1-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Thats a good question. If you could afford both would you keep both? If not, then I can see your point to sell one to help fund the other. Me, personally I'd keep the inspire 1 as a backup and purchase the other. You never know when you would MIGHT need a backup.
2016-1-9
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
United States

Sir Shepherd Posted at 2016-1-9 13:42
Thats a good question. If you could afford both would you keep both? If not, then I can see your poi ...

Can I? Yes. Do I want to? Not really. Especially since I have a RED Scarlet-W on pre-order to for $15k lol
2016-1-9
Use props
Sir Shepherd
lvl.4

United States

Holy crap, a RED-Scarlet. I had no clue until I googled it. You are serious! Now, I understand the question. And that is one that I couldn't answer. Good luck though. I'm sure you will make the right decision.
2016-1-9
Use props
dv613
lvl.2

United States

I own 2 Inspire 1's and and Inspire 1 PRO and to be honest I believe the added payload flies completely different and you have to make a few changes to bring it up to speed (I rarely fly my X3's at all and in fact have them for sale). Sell the original and by the time you add the extra controller and what hopes to be an amazing camera, I would think you would be ahead of the game. I also have the X5R on order but will end up selling the X5. According to the Rep I buy from believes the card is extra and can run a few hundred dollars depending on what you purchase. Would love to know the release date.
2016-1-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you keep you Inspire1, it will fly fine with the X5 but it will be just a bit sluggish with the extra weight. You will need the adapter plate and feet extensions to attach the X5. You can also put the new motors/props, but you won't get the full benefit unless changing the ESC's as well (which you would have to send it in for that)
2016-1-9
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

I wonder for what this was posted over and over again......................and still no one gets it

Your new Inspire should be model 1510 (otherwise I would return it immediately) and have 5dbm more power output AND your new RC must be 658C which also has 5dbm more power output then 658A or B which you probably own.

= your new Inspire will have double range. Thats the REAL POINT here.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

I would upgrade to the Pro. It will handle the weight of the X5R better.

Dave
2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

scooterlam Posted at 2016-1-10 08:58
Can I? Yes. Do I want to? Not really. Especially since I have a RED Scarlet-W on pre-order to for  ...

Nice Camera, you will enjoy it......I just Sold ours a couple of weeks ago (Red Scarlet).
I am banking on the X5R being a winner, but even if its not I want to upgrade to a new camera anyway.
The downside of the scarlet is the size of the drone we had to use to get it off the ground...a huge Octo....and the weight of the aircraft, batteries, Camera/lens and down link made it a guarantee'd disaster if you had even a hard landing.
I am praying the X5R comes up in Grading as a usable alternative, but if not at least a new Camera will be better and lighter........even the lower grade stuff like the FS7 are pretty good now.
2016-3-17
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4

Harb Posted at 2016-3-18 07:51
Nice Camera, you will enjoy it......I just Sold ours a couple of weeks ago (Red Scarlet).
I am bank ...

I sold my Scarlet-X to put the funds towards the new Scarlet-W which is now shipping.

Have you seen the new Raven? It was made specifically for Gimbals and Aerial Rigs. Its tiny and shoots 4.5K RAW up to 100FPS!
2016-3-17
Use props
Harb
lvl.3

Australia

I would love to have one in my hands......but that might be dangerous haha....to my wallet
2016-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules