19364 78 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KSims01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49934 ft
United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-9 18:57
I found setting Yaw at 80% has cured the vibrating on the ground.  Once it was in the air, in mild w ...

Mine has developed a vibration that was not present previously and  thought I would try this , but, I must be completely overlooking these settings.
Where do I find the roll gain?  All I can find is gimbal roll adjust and its displayed in single digits.
My yaw settings are not displayed in percentage, they are 0-30, as are pitch settings.
We are talking about Phantom's right?
2016-1-24
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

KSims01 Posted at 2016-1-24 23:26
Mine has developed a vibration that was not present previously and  thought I would try this , but ...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-38931-1-1.html - Gain & Expo tuning
2016-1-24
Use props
TK P3A
lvl.1

United States

Ken, I just want to say thanks for getting on forum and trying to help. Great to see manufacturer support on forums... even if it is your forum ;-)
2016-1-24
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

Humm, this is really interesting, I have to try this out next time the weather permits it, thanks.
2016-1-24
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Hi Michael M... After i watch the antenna tutorial video from DJI-Ken and followed...i found the problems of lost signal are solved more then ever now...its i was playing in low ground and 5 meters away there was trees...so, i think...its the houses n trees that may blocked me...tks anyway..
2016-1-26
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

KSims01 Posted at 2016-1-24 15:26
Mine has developed a vibration that was not present previously and  thought I would try this , but ...

click the button way at the bittom in gain and expo
2016-1-26
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

Before I fly, I always take off and hover about 6' off the ground and watch my P3P to make sure there's nothing strange going on. I go up, down, left, right, to make sure everything is working properly. I've never noticed vibration in my video, but since reading your post, I have noticed the camera gimbal vibrating. Was the vibration you are talking about the entire aircraft vibrating so bad it’s causing the gimbal to vibrate or was it just the gimbal vibrating like I am seeing?

When I bought my drone, it said I needed a FW update, so I updated to what was the latest at the time; 1.5.30. I don't know if my drone had a vibration caused by a FW update or not because 1.5 is all I’ve ever had.

The next time I can fly I’m going to make the changes you recommend and see what happens.

Thanks for any info!
2016-1-28
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ccbiggz Posted at 2016-1-28 11:28
Before I fly, I always take off and hover about 6' off the ground and watch my P3P to make sure ther ...

The gimbal will always vibrate a little bit.  It's when the whole aircraft vibrates it becomes a problem.  You can see the landing gear shaking as if it's shivering in the cold.  It's quite obvious.
2016-1-28
Use props
MixU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1025620 ft
Finland

My experience is that it has something to do with the temperature you are flying in. My phantom 3a had never vibrated in the 8 months of flying, until my first flight in cold temperatures, wich in my case was -12 degrees celsius (54F i think). At around 0 degrees celsius the bird was fine.
And it wasn't about firmware. I was on 1.4 when it was fine and I was still on 1.4 when it started to vibrate. I updated to latest fw and nothing chanced, still vibrates.

But when I fly it inside my house there is no vibration at all. Smooth as butter. I tested it several times; inside = butter, went outside = starts to vibrate after few seconds. Same every time.

I even started to wonder if it forms ice on the props in the cold, but no, haven't found any.

The weather has now warmed, but if it gets cold again i'm going to try and tweak those gains.
2016-1-28
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

MixU Posted at 2016-1-28 16:24
My experience is that it has something to do with the temperature you are flying in. My phantom 3a h ...

I agree, I've noticed the same, but my first cold flight (-2C maybe) coincided with the firmware update.  You can improve it by reducing gains, but it seems you just have to live with it if it's very cold.

What was funny though, was that my P3 actually looked cold because it was shivering.
2016-1-28
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-28 20:35
I agree, I've noticed the same, but my first cold flight (-2C maybe) coincided with the firmware u ...

hallo,
excuseme for my english...
I had a issue vibrations since i upgraded firmware from 1.4 to 1.6. Yestarday, i went out and i tried to fly. The Phantom worked fine, no vibrations finally...
The only difference between before and after was the temperature. When i had a vibration it was about
eight degrees celsius and yesterday (without vibrations) it was a 18-20 degres.

Can the temperature cause the vibrations?
2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-31 18:14
hallo,
excuseme for my english...
I had a issue vibrations since i upgraded firmware from 1.4 to 1. ...

I'd say in definitely has an effect, but you shouldn't have problems when operating within the specifications which say the operating temperature is between 0C - 40C.  It should be ok at 8C.
2016-1-31
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-31 19:49
I'd say in definitely has an effect, but you shouldn't have problems when operating within the spe ...

hallo, thanks for your answere.
this is my bird at 7-8 degrees     
and this is at 18-20 degress      
2016-1-31
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-28 19:35
I agree, I've noticed the same, but my first cold flight (-2C maybe) coincided with the firmware u ...

"What was funny though, was that my P3 actually looked cold because it was shivering."

Ssshhhh ! DJI will probably badge it as a feature if they hear that
2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-31 19:13
hallo, thanks for your answere.
this is my bird at 7-8 degrees     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v ...

Yes, that's exactly what mine looked like at -2C.  Can't see the other video, it's coming up as private.
2016-1-31
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-31 20:51
Yes, that's exactly what mine looked like at -2C.  Can't see the other video, it's coming up as pr ...

Here is the link

2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-1-31 21:22
Here is the link

https://youtu.be/FJQP7SHOQK0

You need to change the Youtube settings from Private to Public or Unlisted.
2016-1-31
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

Interesting, the P3 shivers are exposed! I think it has something to do with temperature as finally, for the first time it got really cold in US after P3 initial release in the spring last year and folks started to notice the issue. I am sure DJI will figure this out soon. I am on on latest FW 1.6, nothing even close to the shivers Guerinomaione's one on the video posted above. Indeed, some serios case of vibration. It is very worm in eastern US, so I do not observe anything bad so far. It is possible the timing of the last few FW releases and arrival of the cold weather in northern hemisphere was just a coincidence. It would probably shiver with any FW version when it is really cold, until the real solution is found.
2016-1-31
Use props
christopherglen
lvl.1

United States

Is it possible the some of the props are deforming in the cold?  Could one blade of one prop account for the vibration that the gains can't correct?
2016-1-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

christopherglen Posted at 2016-2-1 10:12
Is it possible the some of the props are deforming in the cold?  Could one blade of one prop account ...

I doubt it very much, plastic does not deform much in the cold.
2016-1-31
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

After some consideration, I think it may be to do with air density in colder temperatures.  As the air cools, its density increases, which increases the efficiency of the propulsion system (it has more air to push on).  I suspect this may be causing the aircraft to be constantly over-correcting & counter-correcting while trying to stabilise itself.  This might explain why reducing gains helps, as it reduces the reaction speed when the aircraft tries to correct it's position in response to it's gyros.  The problem now is, the gains won't go low enough in low temperatures.  I believe there are more complex gain settings which cannot be adjusted by the user which would need adjusting in firmware.

I could also be talking rubbish though...it's getting late & my brain starts to drift.
2016-1-31
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

nigelw Posted at 2016-1-31 23:13
You need to change the Youtube settings from Private to Public or Unlisted.

try now please....
2016-2-1
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Guerinomaione Posted at 2016-2-1 10:12
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJQP7SHOQK0

try now please....

Sorted...no vibration there.  Your results are very similar to mine.
2016-2-1
Use props
Guerinomaione
lvl.2
Italy

I don't know because the vibrations appear and disappear randomly. Yesterday it was about 16 degrees, not so cold and the vibrations still appear randomly. Will dji solve this problem? I know that they are workin on the  rubbish like geofences...
2016-2-1
Use props
Tautvilas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145709 ft
Lithuania

got positive temperature outside, but still have vibrations at default gains. When gains are lowered vibration is minimal, but still can be found :l
2016-2-1
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It clearly needs fixing then.  DJI-Ken says they're looking into the problem, so it's either wait for a fix or send your drone in to have new motors/board fitted.  The only problem is it's intermittent, so they might not fix it, or think they've fixed it & it's the same (or worse).
2016-2-2
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

nigelw Posted at 2016-2-2 09:30
It clearly needs fixing then.  DJI-Ken says they're looking into the problem, so it's either wait fo ...

It is possible this happened because of some mess up due to different motors/board specifics. Hopefully, if it was broken with FW, so it could be fixed with one. I have lowered gains to 85,85,80 as nigelw suggested later in the thread and it is very stable at low tempts now. Would have to wait for real fix...
2016-2-7
Use props
MikeDrone7
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Michael M I will have to try those setting when the weather gets better here in the Philadelphia area.  
2016-2-7
Use props
juanjose
New
Flight distance : 768566 ft
Mexico

Michael thanks for opening this for the DJI to know this issue, has anyone solve the problem?
I just recently had it.

Thanks everyone

2016-2-8
Use props
Morph1
Banned

Canada

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-2-8
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Morph1 Posted at 2016-2-8 19:09
as a matter of fact plastics do expand and contract when exposed to high and low temps , I do know ...

Air gets more dense as it gets colder.  It's a well known fact in motorsports as it makes cars/bikes faster, hence turbo cars often have intercoolers to cool the intake air.
2016-2-8
Use props
DRONEDRK
New

Norway

In case someone experience the same as me, this also worked on the Phantom 4. After updating to the latest firmware, it began to kind of twitching from side to side and unable to stay still and the footage had a small but noticable shaking (same as the YouTube clip in the post earlier, the one over the highway).

After adjusting gain to 90,90,80,100 it's behaving as expected again.

Thanks for the solution!
2016-12-31
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

DRONEDRK Posted at 2016-12-31 04:31
In case someone experience the same as me, this also worked on the Phantom 4. After updating to the latest firmware, it began to kind of twitching from side to side and unable to stay still and the footage had a small but noticable shaking (same as the YouTube clip in the post earlier, the one over the highway).

After adjusting gain to 90,90,80,100 it's behaving as expected again.

Great!!!

2017-1-3
Use props
snsjetsP3A
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2730518 ft
United States

I noticed my P3A vibrating today as shown above. It's cool, but not cold here in WA, 45F degrees. Strangely though, it did not vibrate when I flew with my second battery. Also it did not vibrate when I had prop guards previously installed. Is this a random issue for others? It hasn't been long since but I will probably try another cold calibration and fly again and then adjust the gain settings if necessary.
2017-2-13
Use props
rvduflot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 92 ft
France

I couldn't thank you as much as i would!! You made my day, you saved my life
2017-4-17
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Canada

rvduflot Posted at 2017-4-17 09:12
I couldn't thank you as much as i would!! You made my day, you saved my life

no worries! its aad that i nade this post over a year ago abd dji still hasnt fixed it
2017-5-3
Use props
apomares-Vzla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 633609 ft
United States

flormo2002@yaho Posted at 2016-1-24 11:01
I have no clue really but I would think that it's just a small minority of Phantom owners that have even taken the time to join this forum or the Phantom pilots forum and are even considered an active participant. The majority of Phantom owners are clueless to the issues at hand and probably just take it for granted that this is just the way things should be. The $1159 that I paid for my P3 pro with extra battery and not including the many hundreds more that I've spent on camera filters, Nanuk case, etc, etc, etc. I've easily already spent 2k which is a lot of money for me but after my FC40 drowned in a Lake last July, I was having withdraw symptoms for not being able to fly anymore. I came upon a few extra bucks in late November and the only thing I knew I had to have is a brand new P3 Pro. I've only have minor glitches and flies beautifully but still like to follow the activities on these forums and have learned many great lessons from many of you. That's what it's really all about to help educate us all to this brand new technology and I feel blessed in a way that I am part of this ground breaking stuff. The point is.....is that I'm not a rich man and the 2k spent was a small fortune for me (can still pay all my bills and enjoy life still) but for many owners, buying a P3 means about as much to them as me spending money on a nice dinner. Many of those folks are the ones that more than likely have less interest in such petty issues that most of us find troublesome. I could be wrong but just my 2 cents worth

I agree with you. I lost 2 drones (P3P & P4P) in the last 2 flights for weird technical issues, P4P in the very first flight (4 seconds in hover). I understand what you mean.
2017-5-4
Use props
Stokijs
New
Latvia

i updated to 1.11 and it started to  shake... tried 90 90 80 100   nothing helps.
2017-10-12
Use props
Stokijs
New
Latvia

i updated to 1.11 and it started to  shake... tried 90 90 80 100   nothing helps.
2017-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules