Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go app crash (IOS)
2452 12 2016-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

On my Ipad Mini 2, I just updated to the latest version. Now when I hit the Camera button, I get a spinning wheel, then a crash to desktop. Never see the camera view. Doesn't matter if I have the aircraft connected or not. Any tips?

Edit: Fixed. See below.
2016-1-9
Use props
ReppocMike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1627667 ft
Finland

Hi! Same happend when using Nexus 9 ardoid 6.01. If you try edit video.
2016-1-10
Use props
ReppocMike
Second Officer
Finland

So please fix this ASAP
2016-1-10
Use props
Ranini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 743287 ft
Mauritius

same on samsung. after update live view usually disconnected and app crash :-(  solution found till now is when live view turn green is to exit and re enter app. it does not affect the fly.  but when app crash. phone need to be restarted and sometime remote too, that part is a bit fustrating. maybe buffer video life to high for hd. if we can have a simple option where we can decrease video resolution for faster reception and smoother view example shilf between 144p / 320p / 420p would be great :-) maybe we will have kess crash when in video mode. thanks :-)
2016-1-10
Use props
Zoyx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8622 ft
United States

Fixed. Uninstalled, then reinstalled. Worked fine after that. Guessing the cache/data needed to be cleared out.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Zoyx Posted at 2016-1-11 05:57
Fixed. Uninstalled, then reinstalled. Worked fine after that. Guessing the cache/data needed to be c ...

Glad you got it working, if you do not use a device that's recommended on the DJI website then the Go app may not work or it may work but gives you issues. As the updates go on, the processing power required to run the app may increase so if your non listed device used to work and after updating it doesn't then it probably does not have the processing power required to fully run the app.

If your using IOS, make sure to close all other apps. If Android, go in to the application manager, then to running apps and stop or force stop all unnecessary apps.
If you have a Inspire, Phantom Pro or Advanced, you can reduce the transmission quality setting and you'll get more stable video.
2016-1-10
Use props
Ranini
Second Officer
Mauritius

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 07:57
Glad you got it working, if you do not use a device that's recommended on the DJI website then the ...

Thank you very much, where does the video transmission quality setting found please.  Thanks a lot
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ranini Posted at 2016-1-11 14:23
Thank you very much, where does the video transmission quality setting found please.  Thanks a lot ...

It's the HD icon, that puts you into the Image Transmission Setting, then choose Custom and then you can lower the transmission quality.
Image Transmission quality screenshot.png
2016-1-11
Use props
Ranini
Second Officer
Mauritius

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 19:49
It's the HD icon, that puts you into the Image Transmission Setting, then choose Custom and then y ...

Thank you very much i have been able to found it. Thanks for your help.

One last thing.  I do not have the auto and custom option to select
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ranini Posted at 2016-1-15 08:23
Thank you very much i have been able to found it. Thanks for your help.

One last thing.  I do not ...

You see my screenshot, the Auto/Custom is right there. If you do not have it then you must also not have "Image Transmission Setting" and that would mean you have a Phantom3 Standard as that one transmits video through the WiFi and the Pro/Advanced do it through Lightbridge.
2016-1-14
Use props
Ranini
Second Officer
Mauritius

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 19:49
It's the HD icon, that puts you into the Image Transmission Setting, then choose Custom and then y ...

Thank you very much
2016-1-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem, that will really help out a lot. Also, turn off all the other running apps.
2016-1-18
Use props
ReppocMike
Second Officer
Finland

ReppocMike Posted at 2016-1-10 00:12
Hi! Same happend when using Nexus 9 ardoid 6.01. If you try edit video.

When I change language to English all start working.
2017-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules