Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The daily fw bug: this time 1.6 wind compensation
961 4 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Question to DJI stuff here:

Fw 1.6 should bring a useful update for flying in cold environments where all batteries are updated.

1. Is there anything else in Fw 1.6 NEEDED for cold environment except the update of the batteries themselves?

I am asking because Fw 1.5 FIXED wind compensation but Fw 1.6 broke it again.

So I would go back to 1.5 again but I am also flying in cold temperatures. Are all necessary updates for the cold temperatures in the batteries and will they be kept if I go back to 1.5 ?

Under no circumstances I will install an upcoming 1.7 fw if the geofencing is not corrected to real nfz instead of marking thousands of km² nfz which are in reality not restricted at all like DJI did it now.
2016-1-10
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

Actually I dont know what other problems 1.5 may have I didnt test it.

And rolling back never works like advertised.

Its just too much work to test each version with each software and see if anything is still working. So I will only detect bugs if its something I really need.
2016-1-10
Use props
sthuemmel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1749321 ft
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-10 08:15
Hey, are you saying that 1.5 has fixed the issues with the bird not managing to hold position or fly ...

Paul,
FYI, I upgraded to v1.5, I did notice a slight improvement in the bobbing up and down.........  
I am not sure it was an improvement or if it was less wind.  I need to do some  further testing.  But, I am in the DC area and the FAA extended the NFZ to 30 miles, so I have to find another place to fly, and it has been cold and rainy...
I am very concerned about going to v1.6, there have been several posts here and on other forums at 15C the motors will not start (that's 59F)  not right and the Inspire is sluggish, has no power, and will not hold in the wind.
2016-1-10
Use props
uav.hovercam
lvl.1

Australia

I have FW1.6 and have recently flown in the wind with very stable results in the video, no noticable bobbing after just one suspect incident that could have been a gust.  I live in Queensland Australia and to test my model A with the X5 upgrade, I flew over some national park on a clear sunny day.  The local ambient temperature on that day was about 26deg C /  79deg F and the Go App told me that the motor power was reduced to save the battery.  My TB47 came down at 15% and hot, but not enough to cause discomfort to the skin.  The TB48 that went up next also gave me the same warning during flight and came down with similar temperature.  I have not noticed the warning pre fw1.6 and when I was flying vigorously over the beach/ocean yesterday I got no warning.   I hardly consider 26C to be cold weather.   Is this a safety option for the battery generally and if so, why not at the beach in 24degC under similar piloting strain?  
2016-1-10
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Austria

just to clarify: there exist official information from DJI that wind compensation was repaired in fw 1.5 and broken again in 1.6 (though DJI doesnt of course use the words repaired and broken to express this)

Its not a personal experience or guess its a fact.

2016-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules