Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! DJI go app for zenfone 2
8627 18 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
slavilanda
New

Israel

Hi I try to run the application with my new Asus Zenfone 2 unsuccessfully.(ran with android 5.0 Latest Version)
The app indicates normal but I can not get the camera view.

It's a bummer because I can not fly the Phantom
Please help if you have any solutions for me?

2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried another device, it's probably because your device does not have the processing power to run the app.
Here are the approved devices. And you can fly the Phantom just fine without the app, you just don't get the video and features of the app.
If you cannot fly at all then read in the manual on how to relink the aircraft to your RC.

iOS Version v2.4.3. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.5.0. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-1-10
Use props
slavilanda
New

Israel

ok,
so i corrected the problem by upgrade the rc to 1.3 version and it work after this. later i upgrade to new version from go app by using the phone.
it all work for now, but i have a small bag when i go to map view it very likely that i lose picture vibw it will be black

asus zenfone 2 with 4 ram and 2.3 ghz  it will be shame if it will not work
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

slavilanda Posted at 2016-1-12 19:07
ok,
so i corrected the problem by upgrade the rc to 1.3 version and it work after this. later i upg ...

Take a screenshot, I don't know what you mean by "small bag"
2016-1-12
Use props
rodolfovaz
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-13 01:06
Take a screenshot, I don't know what you mean by "small bag"

Hi there, Slavilanda.
I had the same problem with my Phantom 3 Standard and Asus Zenfone 2. It seems to be related to hardware issues, as Zenfone 2 is not listed as a "compatible device" at DJI website.
I tried the same Phantom 3 Standard linked to my other mobile, a Samsung Galaxy S5, and everything ran smoothly (S5 is listed as a "compatible device" at DJI website).
Another user had the same problem and posted a video on Youtube at It´s the same problem you report.
DJI-Ken, you can watch the video to check the problem Slavilanda reported.

I hope they´ll fix this for Zenfone 2, as the screen is bigger...
Cheers.
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rodolfovaz Posted at 2016-2-13 02:25
Hi there, Slavilanda.
I had the same problem with my Phantom 3 Standard and Asus Zenfone 2. It seem ...

Ok, I think they may have meant "small LAG" and I see in your video that the app is not working with your device. You really need a different device, yours does not have the processing power to make the app work correctly.
You can try to turn off all background running apps, use airplane mode, lower the transmission quality in Video transmission setting of the app.
BUT, overall you need a device from the list I posted earlier.
An inexpensive device that works well and not on the list is the NVIDIA Shield K and that is $200 and it has a GPS/GLONASS so you can use Follow Me.
2016-2-12
Use props
rodolfovaz
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-13 02:40
Ok, I think they may have meant "small LAG" and I see in your video that the app is not working wit ...

Thanks, DJI-Ken. I solved my problem flying with Galaxy S5 (my other mobile). I also have an iPad Mini, but it doesn´t have GPS, so I use it only when I´m sure I´m not going to fly under F-mode (and it´s a bit hard to use, because the mobile holder doesn´t fit it).
2016-2-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

rodolfovaz Posted at 2016-2-12 12:03
Thanks, DJI-Ken. I solved my problem flying with Galaxy S5 (my other mobile). I also have an iPad  ...

Sounds good, glad you figured out a solution. There are aftermarket tablet holders out there that may work for you.
2016-2-12
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-2-13 04:33
Sounds good, glad you figured out a solution. There are aftermarket tablet holders out there that  ...

I just got a tablet holder to use iPad Mini with P3 Standard.
Moving the subject a little bit, is it possible to use Samsung VR SM R322 with P3 Standard in any way? Have you heard anyone coming up with this configuration?
Thanks
2016-2-17
Use props
Rodolfo Vaz
lvl.2

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2016-2-17 17:41
Moving the subject a little bit, is  ...

By the way, is there any goggle that works "right out of the box" with P3 Standard? Like Fatshark or any other brand?
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2016-2-17 17:41
Moving the subject a little bit, is  ...

You should be able to use those goggles because all they do is use the phone and put it in the goggles.
Since you have the Standard, there's no cable connection so it may work.
2016-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Rodolfo Vaz Posted at 2016-2-17 17:53
By the way, is there any goggle that works "right out of the box" with P3 Standard? Like Fatshark  ...

No, you would need a Pro or Advanced and get the HDMI module then use a goggle that accepts HDMI.
2016-2-17
Use props
JUAN MARTIN
lvl.1
Portugal

Help! DJI go app for zenfone 2 no conection

I NEED HELP ABOUT THE CONTROLS CONECTION AND THE PHONES
i Buy a Brand New Mavic Pro <- Such a NICE toy (y)
and also i have a BLU Advance 4.0L phone <- chip brand 50 dollars with Android 4.4.2 this is the link with the info about it->http://www.smart-gsm.com/moviles/blu-advance-40-l
It Works but SLOW.... VERY SLOW... i can see the camera with a TON of lag and use the touch screen... but not Safe for fLy... TO LAG

So i get a brand new ASUS ZenFone2 --> http://www.smart-gsm.com/moviles/asus-zenfone-2 with Android 5.0 lollipop 4 ram and 2.3 ghz and i CANT connect it to the DJI GO App or any conection with the camera
And i don´t use Watsup or Facebok or any other  APP in the Phone... JUST the DJI GO APp..... because im just buy it yesterday night

SO?... What can i do.... ???? it MUTCH MORE power than the BLU shit phone and it doesn't work. how is this possible???

2016-11-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JUAN MARTIN Posted at 2016-11-21 20:24
I NEED HELP ABOUT THE CONTROLS CONECTION AND THE PHONES
i Buy a Brand New Mavic Pro  http://www.sma ...

It has all been explained above, your phones are not powerful enough to do the job. Select a device from the approvedl list.
2016-11-21
Use props
larez2
lvl.1
United States

I realize this is an older post but wanted to add some current information about using this device. I have a Zenfone 2 running on android 6.0.1 and it works fine. I've had several flights with it, no problems. No issues switching between map and camera modes like in the video in rodolfovaz's post below.

There is a slight lag with the video, but it's otherwise smooth and not bad when compared to my newer iphone or older galaxy handsets.

P3S
Asus Zenfone 2, 4gb RAM 16gb ROM, Android 6.0.1
DJI GO v.3.1.5
2017-5-11
Use props
Hijitus
lvl.1
Argentina

hola tengo el mismo problema pero con un mavic air, zenfone 2, no funciona. Pudiste arreglar el problema? / hello I have the same problem but with a mavic air, zenfone 2, it does not work. Could you fix the problem?
2018-3-22
Use props
Hijitus
lvl.1
Argentina

hola tengo el mismo problema pero con un mavic air, zenfone 2, no funciona. Pudiste arreglar el problema? / hello I have the same problem but with a mavic air, zenfone 2, it does not work. Could you fix the problem?
2018-3-22
Use props
Hijitus
lvl.1
Argentina

larez2 Posted at 2017-5-11 11:01
I realize this is an older post but wanted to add some current information about using this device. I have a Zenfone 2 running on android 6.0.1 and it works fine. I've had several flights with it, no problems. No issues switching between map and camera modes like in the video in rodolfovaz's post below.

There is a slight lag with the video, but it's otherwise smooth and not bad when compared to my newer iphone or older galaxy handsets.

hola entonces funciona con el zenfone 2? como cambiaste a android 6? hello then it works with zenfone 2? how did you change to android 6?
2018-3-22
Use props
Muffato
lvl.2
Flight distance : 286506 ft
Brazil

Hijitus Posted at 2018-3-22 15:47
hola entonces funciona con el zenfone 2? como cambiaste a android 6? hello then it works with zenfone 2? how did you change to android 6?

My Zenfone 2 Worked with my Phantom 3 Standard and Mavic Pro but it´s not working with Mavic Air
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules