Dead In 30 Seconds - Short film
1128 9 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

Just some test footage goofing of with some friends...Practicing doing planned shots, tracking a moving subject and flying in confined areas.

Not sure why, but he is....Dead in 30 Seconds! - Probably botulism.

2016-1-10
Use props
lenw
lvl.2

United States

Looks like your having fun.  Sorry about the dead guy.  
2016-1-10
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

lenw Posted at 2016-1-10 23:04
Looks like your having fun.  Sorry about the dead guy.

Lol...Yeah. Safe food handling practices are a pretty serious matter. I think I'm gonna add a graphic on the end to make this a Botulism PSA.
2016-1-10
Use props
tcmitch1
lvl.2
United States

Drew, that is cool.  Which model did you shoot that with?
2016-1-10
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

tcmitch1 Posted at 2016-1-11 00:03
Drew, that is cool.  Which model did you shoot that with?

Thanks! I shot it with the Phantom 3 Pro.

I used an ND4 filter on the lens. Admittedly I should have removed it for the shot of him coming out from under the trees towards the end. It got too dark on me. Camera turns to mud without decent light. I was flying in ATTI mode for the stuff inside the woods as the GPS signal was too weak under the canopy.

Cheers
2016-1-12
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Drew....

this is very well done. I know you were just practicing and having a little fun, but you did better than a lot of what is out there. Very smooth if your using atti. nice and stable and you keep your subject in frame all the time.

PS how did he die?
2016-1-12
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Love it! Great shots and edits.
2016-1-12
Use props
tpetersen97
lvl.2
United States

This was actually very nicely done.  Did you turn your gains down so the movements weren't so sudden?  Also, what software did you use to piece this together?
2016-1-12
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

cacollins0220 Posted at 2016-1-13 02:07
Drew....

this is very well done. I know you were just practicing and having a little fun, but you d ...

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Botulism...lol.
2016-3-8
Use props
Drew U.
lvl.1

United States

tpetersen97 Posted at 2016-1-13 10:07
This was actually very nicely done.  Did you turn your gains down so the movements weren't so sudden ...

No I was running the gains standard. I've played with adjusting the gains but don't like not having the response when I need it.

A little trick I found somewhere was that you can unscrew the ends of the sticks to lengthen them. Its just a centimeter at best but it makes a difference with finesse moves.

This was edited in Final Cut 7.
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules