Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Videos didn't record on the SD card DRAMA
1959 11 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jcourtial
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Hi all,

I have recently switched from the Phantom 2 and gopro to the Phantom 3 pro.

all was doing well and I'm shooting in Sri Lanka having a great time. Spent the entire day in tea plantations shooting the workers and the beautiful landscape. I recorded about 15 5-6 minutes videos in 2.7K and took about 10 photos photos.

When I put my SD card this morning, there were only 3 and two photos. Now I may have turned off the unit while it was recording.

But they were some sequences where I recorded a video / stopped / took a picture / recorded straight after. So I should have at least the first video of that flight yet it's not even there.

And the most frustrating part is that i can see all the files on the DJI go app. Which is why i thought it was fine.

So far I've tried, rescueing software for sd card. I did find me a lot of files but I couldn't recover any of them, even using things like DJIfix.

I did try the 'turn on the phantom for 30 seconds with the SD card in' trick, didn't do anything.

On the actual memory card, there is still too much space left for them to be hiding on the card. It's a 32GB card, the 3 videos take about 5 GB and it says there is about 26 GB left.

So wha't happened there? What did most of the videos didn't record?

I lost an entire day of work an invaluable moments which I can't get back as I won't be able to go back there.

Any thoughts?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please confirm you are using a compatible SD card . The SD card should be class 10 or UHS-1rating . Does that happen when you are using the SD card from DJI  ?
2016-1-10
Use props
jcourtial
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-11 12:01
Please confirm you are using a compatible SD card . The SD card should be class 10 or UHS-1rating .  ...

It was a Lexar 32GB 600x. Never had a problem with it before with the gopro. The only thing I'm thinking is that i didn't format it from the phantom itself.
2016-1-11
Use props
Hawks100
Second Officer
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Are you sure you hit the correct button.Left=video  right=take photo??
2016-1-11
Use props
solsystem7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-10 22:31
Please confirm you are using a compatible SD card . The SD card should be class 10 or UHS-1rating .  ...

Patrick, I had a similar problem today. First flight with my new P3P. I noticed a few pictures were missing on my SD Card which did appear in the GO APP. I also noticed a few of the pictures in the GO App were reduced in size with black boarders. I am looking at these photos through the flight recorder so I know I took them. I am using the SD Card which came with the Phantom. I didn't format the card, but it did show a few. I did change the settings in the APP to only take JPEG's but haven't had a chance to recheck. Thanks very much
2016-1-11
Use props
jcourtial
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Yes, all the videos are viewable on the DJI app.
2016-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jcourtial@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-12 14:51
Yes, all the videos are viewable on the DJI app.

With the P3 Pro, the video stream from the aircraft is saved to the phone/tablet you are using if you have caching enabled, it is enabled by default. The video however is a low resolution 720p copy of the one on the SD card in the aircraft.

It is always best to format the SD card in the aircraft via the Go App, as this allows the aircraft to set up a format it understands and also to create all the correct folders it needs.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

jcourtial@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-12 00:10
It was a Lexar 32GB 600x. Never had a problem with it before with the gopro. The only thing I'm th ...

That's weird . Please remember to format the SD card by your DJI Go App .
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

solsystem7@gmai Posted at 2016-1-12 03:31
Patrick, I had a similar problem today. First flight with my new P3P. I noticed a few pictures wer ...

Please try formatting the SD card via DJI Go App .
2016-1-12
Use props
solsystem7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6550331 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-12 04:16
Please try formatting the SD card via DJI Go App .

Thanks Patrick
2016-1-12
Use props
jcourtial
lvl.1
Sri Lanka

Yes I think that's what happened, the card was formatted for the Gopro before. Thanks everyone
2016-1-20
Use props
fansf26e5027
lvl.1
United States

I just had a similar thing happen to me with the Mavic have videos and picks before and after but missing two videos and some picks in the middle of some of my shots and there's one picture that made it to the app.
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules