I1 Down and Out
998 16 2016-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nes
lvl.3

United States

Can someone give me the proper way to send in the flight log to DJI? Copter went down yesterday after battery reading critically low, landing gear lowering... All this at 38%, so that means the battery was not reading the proper battery level. So, battery misread and failure. Anyhow if someone can provide the protocol, I want to submit the information prior to contacting my insurance. Thanks in advance.
2016-1-10
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

Thanks for the info Paul. Ive had this battery do it before, but talked with DJI checked the charging log, has always been discharged/recycled. I shoot professionally and have 500 plus flights on this Inspire. This auto land was inevitable in the location. As I stated I want to see what they say first before I submit to  my insurance. Thanks again!
2016-1-10
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-10 14:03
I'm not sure that I can see why. Would you care to explain?

Under every circumstance of which I'm ...

Here is the deal Paul. I have my critical battery warning set at 12 percent. I have my low battery warning set to 30%. This went into critical battery level at 38% with no warning whatsoever and straight into landing gear lowering and into the tree line. Therefore unavoidable when the whole thing transpired within 5-8 seconds. no getting out of the area in time.

Again, just curious as to what DJI will say once I send the the log prior to going through my insurance as I dont have time to wait for the DJI song and dance.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Sorry for your crash, please contact the technical support through the live-chat or phone call, upload your flight data to the dropbox or any other cloud and send them a link.  
We will do a proper data analysis and let you know the result.
2016-1-10
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-10 19:00
Sorry for your crash, please contact the technical support through the live-chat or phone call, uplo ...

Hey Tim -

So, am I to contact the DJI US office and they will provide who I am supposed to send the flight data to?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nes Posted at 2016-1-11 11:45
Hey Tim -

So, am I to contact the DJI US office and they will provide who I am supposed to send t ...

Correct, they will provide you all the information you need
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-11 11:19
Tim, some time ago, a number of us have asked if it is possible for DJI to see the logs we save wi ...

Paul, if you have a crash and lose the aircraft, DJI can still read the logs (just not as detailed) from the app.
You go to your flight logs and the last flight and star that as a favorite. When you contact support you give them your account info and they can view your flight data from the server with your account info.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Nes Posted at 2016-1-11 11:45
Hey Tim -

So, am I to contact the DJI US office and they will provide who I am supposed to send t ...

Sorry about your crash, follow the instructions Paul posted earlier and upload the last flight DAT file to Dropbox. When you fill out the form include the link to the Dropbox file and a tech will analyze the flight logs.
2016-1-10
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-10 19:52
Correct, they will provide you all the information you need

OK, thank you for the information. I just uploaded that specific flight data to a dropbox folder and will contact them in the morning and gather information on where to send it to.
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-11 13:04
Brilliant. Thank you for that detail, Ken.

You see, this leads to another interesting situation.

No problem, I forward that some folk would like all as the default
As for thieves, as soon as the controller loses RC signal then there's no more data coming to the controller. So only way to catch a thief is if he lived within signal range and he left the aircraft powered up until he got home.
A GPS tracker would also catch a thief even if he took your bird far far away (as long as you had cell signal) and it was hidden so he couldn't turn it off.
2016-1-10
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-10 20:36
Sorry about your crash, follow the instructions Paul posted earlier and upload the last flight DAT ...

Hey Ken -

Where is this said FORM to include the link to the dropbox file I have?
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Nes Posted at 2016-1-11 14:05
Hey Ken -

Where is this said FORM to include the link to the dropbox file I have?

The customer questionnaire is emailed to you when you start the RMA process.
2016-1-11
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 07:52
The customer questionnaire is emailed to you when you start the RMA process.

2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-11 14:00
I was thinking more in terms of someone stealing the kit from a car or home rather than running awa ...

Ahhh, I see what you mean now. Because of privacy laws, if your aircraft was to get stolen and someone started an account DJI maybe could know where they were by IP address but it would have to be something that the authorities would have to get info from DJI if they were even able to locate them.
2016-1-11
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2016-1-11 09:42
Och, aye !!!

I'm not suggesting that you go giving away such info to the original owners but as l ...

Hey Guys... Sounds like you guys should start your own thread on this topic you have going...
2016-1-11
Use props
Nes
lvl.3

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 08:30
Ahhh, I see what you mean now. Because of privacy laws, if your aircraft was to get stolen and som ...

Hey Guys... Sounds like you guys should start your own thread on this topic you have going...
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Nes Posted at 2016-1-12 03:39

Sorry to get off topic of the thread.
2016-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules