DJI Go App iOS 2.5.0
1865 16 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nwhit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 374 ft
United States

Just noticed this is the app store. Anyone tried it yet? I don't see anythingposted anywhere on it yet. Here's what it says:

- Osmo now notifies user when switching between Upright, Underslung, Flashlight modes.

- Lightbridge 2 and A2 improvements

- Templates (which we all need so badly!)

- Some flight logs nonsense (personal opinion)

Doesn't look like much else.
2016-1-11
Use props
djalmarm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>

Hopefully have improved the image quality. In my Mini iPad 2 is very bad. The picture freezes a lot and is getting to the point of disrupting the operation.

I tested yesterday on my phone One Plus One and has not frozen any time!
2016-1-11
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

...& the addition of geofencing apparently http://forum.dji.com/thread-39504-1-1.html
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Right, pretty much like that . I'm glad you guys not having any issue with it  here
2016-1-11
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are all the personalised settings retained after the update?
2016-1-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-12 01:30
Right, pretty much like that . I'm glad you guys not having any issue with it  here

Tim, I think a few people are having issues with not being told about the nfz's
2016-1-12
Use props
devoh002
lvl.1

United States

One of the changes that I noticed was the 120fps in 1080p video recording. I believe we just had 60fps before.
2016-1-12
Use props
nigelw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518084 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-1-12 06:30

I've recently discovered this is where all the grown up hang out.
2016-1-12
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

Nigel's, now that's funny. TIM is by the way a very good guy who has helped me a lot and
I'm very thankful for it. He's also a very busy guy. Next convention we go to dinner and I
Buy TIM. If I can ever catch up to you. McDonalds sound good? LOL. STEAK, YEA.......
2016-1-14
Use props
bigskyproguy
New

United States

2.5 DOES have hidden geo fence in it and if I would have known there is NO WAY I would have done this. Why would they withhold stating that they are including it. THIS IS VERY DISAPPOINTING to me. I tried to register my serial through the webpage on DJI's site and the "instantaneous" is a joke. How long does it take?? Am I the only one having issues with it or are other people as well?
2016-1-15
Use props
dwaiteretired
lvl.2

United States

bigskyproguy Posted at 2016-1-15 18:18
2.5 DOES have hidden geo fence in it and if I would have known there is NO WAY I would have done thi ...

I see that the DJI Go App iOS is now at 2.5.1 maybe this will fix your issue.
2016-1-15
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
United States

Yes, saw that last night - 2.5.1. Anyone try this one yet to see what it has (or doesn't have)?
2016-1-16
Use props
bigskyproguy
New

United States

It didn't help anything for me
2016-1-16
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
United States

I didn't install 2.5 but then put 2.5.1 on just my iPhone (normally used for my Osmo). I went to the DJI Geo site and looked at the new "Authorization Zones", which it appears replace the previous No Fly Zones. Problem is that they cover virtually the entire city and suburbs of San Diego. Looks like a person will need permission to fly anytime anywhere.

I did try requesting a 3-day authorization online and it went smoothly. However, on the iPhone using 2.5.1, it still is showing the red NFZ's, not the new yellow Authorization zones.

Question: Is that working correctly? Will the new maps show up only after an upcoming firmware update? I'm a bit confused.

And not too happy that even the local club flying field will require a login/authorization every time you want to fly. If I understand right, once "verified" on DJI's store site, as long as you are connected to the internet on your device, when you are advised that you are in an advisory zone, you can click for permission to fly. But if for some reason that isn't working due to server issues, connection problems, etc., it appears a person is 100% screwed. No flying whatsoever until problems resolved. Not the most elegant solution to the problem.
2016-1-19
Use props
nwhit
lvl.3
United States

Forgot to add that I am still on FW 1.5. Didn't upgrade to 1.6 because we don't really get cold weather here. Thus is it FW 1.6 that would then show the new "Authorization Zones" instead of the past NFZ's?
2016-1-19
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Can this be avoided with litchi?  does anyone know?  I have not loaded the 2.5 app or the cold weather firmware upgrade,  I am through with dji
2016-1-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

nwhit Posted at 2016-1-20 02:23
Forgot to add that I am still on FW 1.5. Didn't upgrade to 1.6 because we don't really get cold weat ...

1.6 is the regular latest firmware update and does not have the GEO authorization zones.
The GEO Beta firmware update is 1.7 and the app is 2.4.4 and only available for Android.
2016-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules