Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Prosumer range Zenmuse X4 possible?
2611 4 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

The DJI Osmo is perfectly targeted at the amateur segment. As the upgrade path to the X5 shows, the Osmo handle itself, along with the app, is capable of a lot more.

However, jumping from an extremely affordable Osmo to an X5 eliminates a huge chunk of your Osmo userbase... people who would like to upgrade to something better but can't possibly justify the costs of an X5, never mind an X5R.

If it isn't already on the drawing board, I'd like to request that DJI consider an X4 option, for the prosumer.

Thoughts, everyone?

2016-1-11
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

Wait for NAB 2016 I know for a fact that their is going to be a 4k raw camera war with a small forum factor.  I think the x5r is over priced by 1k.  If the DJI osmo doesn't shape up before NAB it will be left in the dust especially for 2017.  Not saying I am hoping for that but I will say I was disappointed that they didn't make any modifications when they showed off the camera at CES 2016.  even basic changes to fix the known issues.  In fact they really didn't change anything for CES it was a big let down.  
2016-1-11
Use props
LMahesa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3520 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

I'd already come to the conclusion that any real changes won't be happening before Osmo 2. My request was mostly for others - by the time a theoretical X4 shows up I'll be looking into upgrading the whole thing or - more likely - will have already done so. Battery life and date/time retention will eventually prove too annoying for me.

Even an external USB power source would be a huge benefit, but I'm beginning to suspect that running the Osmo for such long times will kill it due to heat issues alone.

Pricing-wise, DJI have always aimed for a very specific market: the "You get what you pay for" and "I've got no time for research" crowd. From that standpoint, it's perfectly reasonable. However, the Osmo's pricing has brought in a whole new segment. Now that those people have had a taste, they'll be looking for an upgrade route that doesn't cost an organ.
2016-1-11
Use props
mike
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like a perfect stair step for a prosumer like me!  I have gone Inspire 1 with X-3, then got the Osmo handle kit, and it too worked flawlessly.  I then got the X3 for Osmo only so I did not have to switch back and forth.  So I am done for awhile.  I think I have already seen the preorder prices for the X5R come down a bit.  I will wait and not be an early adapter on this one. So I am pr X4
2016-1-12
Use props
trip3980
lvl.2

United States

LMahesa Posted at 2016-1-12 14:02
I'd already come to the conclusion that any real changes won't be happening before Osmo 2. My reques ...

Not sure why people want a usb power port I don't think that would be practical because if I am not mistaken USB is 5 volts.  its too low power for the Osmo I think.  Canon batteries have this wired cord adapter that looks like a battery would work even better IMO. To be honest I hate the battery design they really need to stop making different shaped batteries and stick with industry standard lithium batteries.  Like Sony or canon batteries.  
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules