7916 40 2016-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alexander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3175653 ft
Sweden

Hey!
Im a professional and do A LOT of flights in airport-zones and im talking to the aiport on the phone before every flight.
Now, because DJI got all zones in a circle (WHY?!), its even a bigger area thats a noflyzone. An airport 10 kilometers (ID: 643703) away from me is also blocked, and its beeing used like 3 times in the summer. Thanks DJI.

Question: Can I permanently disable this? Can I show DJI all my licenses? This is stupid.
2016-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Check the other threads on this, there are plenty here, no need to start yet another. See the thread titled 'geofence'.

No, you cannot permanently disable the zone, you have to unlock it as you require.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Please confirm if you can find the same No Fly Zone at this website : http://www.dji.com/flysafe
If it doesn't exist  on that page  , please try this way to fix the problem .  Firstly , turn your aircraft on and keep it on P-GPS mode . Then, keep your mobile connected to the net and connect your mobile to the aircraft . Please wait for several minutes , restart the DJI Go App and see if it's fixed .
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-12 20:32
Please confirm if you can find the same No Fly Zone at this website : http://www.dji.com/flysafe
If  ...

So how would this work if cellular network access was not available.
Please let us know!
2016-1-12
Use props
alexander
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3175653 ft
Sweden

I got an iPad Air with only wifi. How will this work when I'm out on the field for several days in a row?
f DJI did their No Fly Zones in the same shape as the actual zones, I wouldn't complain at all - but round and SUPERBIG is not fair! Picture is from DJI homepage.

Skärmavbild 2016-01-12 kl. 18.41.04.png

Does DJI offer an 100% money back guarantee now? They should.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

alexander@photo Posted at 2016-1-13 01:33
I got an iPad Air with only wifi. How will this work when I'm out on the field for several days in a ...

Please try this way to fix the problem .  Firstly , turn your aircraft on and keep it on P-GPS mode . Then, keep your mobile connected to the net and connect your mobile to the aircraft . Please wait for several minutes , restart the DJI Go App and see if it's fixed .
If it's not fixed , please kindly contact  flysafe@dji.com about it .
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-12 21:25
So how would this work if cellular network access was not available.
Please let us know!

Most Yellow areas are with network . If you find such a yellow area without network , please contact flysafe@dji.com .
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-1-12
Use props
countrysidegard
lvl.2

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-12 18:22
Most Yellow areas are with network . If you find such a yellow area without network , please conta ...

Also this is depends on your service carrier.... That's a ridiculous statement to make or there is some confusion with what your saying here.
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-13 11:01
Patrick- how would you know? Have you checked every single zone in the world? How would you person ...

Hi . If you have any concern about that , please kindly contact flysafe@dji.com . Thank you !
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-13 10:22
Most Yellow areas are with network . If you find such a yellow area without network , please conta ...

Hi Patrick

That is a Completely unrealistic assumption you make..

Do you know if I will or will not have Cellular network in an area that may be yellow that I Don't yet know I will visit to fly spontaneously, in an Hour, tomorrow or two days from today?

Unless you have a Time Machine, to go into the future, my Friend, Even I would not know that!

2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 11:23
Hi Patrick

Totally understand your concern man . Please kindly contact flysafe@dji.com about that .
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-13 11:32
Totally understand your concern man . Please kindly contact  about that .

Thanks for understanding Patrick.
2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 14:23
Hi Patrick

You know DJI-Patrick isn't in a position to have any influence over this - so why do you keep baiting him with the same stuff that's been posted at least 100 times?
You could try listening to what Brendan Schulman is saying and if you still have an issue take it up with him.
Or maybe you just like ranting on the net?
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-13 11:38
You know DJI-Patrick isn't in a position to have any influence over this - so why do you keep bait ...

....Hence my short response thanking him for his understanding..

2016-1-12
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-13 11:38
You know DJI-Patrick isn't in a position to have any influence over this - so why do you keep bait ...

Hi labroides

You wrote: "You could try listening to what Brendan Schulman is saying and if you still have an issue take it up with him.
Or maybe you just like ranting on the net?"

What we have so far done is Far from that!

What you may Not know is that I have read in detail "every possible post" from Brandon and directly engaged him in email conversation.

ALSO: Davphys, has taken it a step forward, and has spoken to Brendan directly on the phone, engaged him in "intellectual" conversation and got feedback from him - Brandons  exact words to Davphys: "we want the experience to be excellent. I care".

So far as your comment above about "Ranting On The Net" is concerned, other then doing that, What Proactive/Positive step have you taken?

2016-1-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 15:08
Hi labroides

You wrote: "You could try listening to what Brendan Schulman is saying and if you sti ...

So why were you still pestering DJI-Patrick 47 minutes ago?
2016-1-12
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-1-13 12:12
So why were you still pestering DJI-Patrick 47 minutes ago?

" ....Hence my short response thanking him for his understanding.."

Are you "ranting" now - or "Apologies" I may have misunderstood. .....,   In which case I ask again: What Proactive/Positive step have you taken?
2016-1-12
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-12 06:32
If  ...

Patrick, is this a NEW update?  Does the circle properly indicate the boundary of NFZs?  If so, mine has (thankfully) shrunken to a more reasonable size.
2016-1-12
Use props
nrechtman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1555344 ft
United States

alexander@photo Posted at 2016-1-12 12:33
I got an iPad Air with only wifi. How will this work when I'm out on the field for several days in a ...

See if your smart phone has personal hotspot capability and if it's included in your cell plan. With the iPhone foe example, go to settings and to Personal Hotspot and turn it on, if it turns on without giving you some kind of message like it's not included in your plan, you can then connect with your iPad to the existing wifi hotspot your phone is putting out.  Also before you turn on the personal hotspot, just change the password that is there to whatever you want. Yes, you'll use your current data from you phone plan, but at least you didn't need to go out and buy a new iPad with cellular
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2016-1-13 12:34
Patrick, is this a NEW update?  Does the circle properly indicate the boundary of NFZs?  If so, mi ...

No , it's not a update . It's a fixing of a server problem .  And the circle properly indicate the No Fly Zone now .
2016-1-13
Use props
clifwlkr
lvl.1

United States

This statement about most yellow zones being within cellular service areas is so misguided as to be laughable.... In Utah, there are many yellow zones around dirt strips in the middle of the desert that don't even have a building associated with them, never mind a tower. They are rarely used by recreational pilots. They are near areas where I camp, an know there is no cellular service. I often go out for long weekends, and with the current time limit scheme for unlocking, I would be blocked out on my last day. There is no legal reason to have a five mile exclusion around a dirt strip in the desert..... It makes my device unusable in many common situations...

Why doesn't DJI just make yellow zones a popup where you acknowledge the rules and move on? They can even force it to sit there for a minute if they want. Almost all of my drone flying is in areas with zero network coverage and this is a killer for me.
2016-1-13
Use props
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

DJI Patrick,

You say to look at the map in the link you provide to see if you are trying to fly in a No Fly Zone, I did that and I am NOT.
So you said to connect the controlling mobile device to the internet and have the copter turned on ( you did not say if the remote controller needs to be turned on) with good GPS Signal.
I did that, I used a hot spot from my iphone to get internet on the ipad mini2, I waited 10 minutes and turned everything off and then on again. STILL GETTING THE NO FLY ZONE WARNING!!!
I need a solution to this NOW. If you do not know the answer, PLEASE point me to someone who can help.
2016-1-13
Use props
cgl817
lvl.3

United States

The company that DJI hired to set this all up is called AirMap. Here is thier contact form page:

https://www.airmap.io/contact/

I already sent them a message asking for clarification.  I suggest anyone else having this issue do the same.
2016-1-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-13 15:13
" ....Hence my short response thanking him for his understanding.."

Are you "ranting" now - or "Ap ...

Are you "ranting" now - or "Apologies" I may have misunderstood. .....,   In which case I ask again: What Proactive/Positive step have you taken?

What he has done is listen and read much of what is on here. He has not posted a shouting rant in every thread like you have, over and over and over and over....

As explained by DJI-Ken, the DJI people who live here most of the time are assigned to look after problems and help customers out, they are not involved in this GEO project and you are wasting their time annoying them for answers.

Are you unable to grasp the fact the Brendan Shulman, who is responsible for GEO, has indicated both on here and via telephone that he is aware of people's concerns and is committed to trying to come up with a workable siuation, so why not pull your head in and let him get on with it.

2016-1-13
Use props
Davphys
Banned

United States

2016-1-13
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-14 09:38
Are you "ranting" now - or "Apologies" I may have misunderstood. .....,   In which case I ask again ...

Hey Geebax - I think we are Agreeing to Agree.

I agree we should let Management at DJI work this out, and the tech's do their job here.... That is what i was "trying" to say.
..... Hence the reason I was thanking DJI-Patric for doing what he is doing.

I was not being Sarcastic.... Just Truthfully & Genuinely thanking somebody.

:-)

BESIDES:  Davphys has a good point - DJI techs should Not be Blindly making Statements, which we have seen them do on numerous occasions. There should be fact behind it.
2016-1-13
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Davphys Posted at 2016-1-14 07:27
I think there is more of an issue when someone like Patrick just blindly makes comments about yell ...

Davphys.  Good points!
2016-1-13
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

God how I love my P1 more and more each day !!!!

What's a "Geo-fence"  lol
2016-1-13
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-1-14 09:04
God how I love my P1 more and more each day !!!!

What's a "Geo-fence"  lol

could not have said it better myself...
In fact, going out to fly in the dark...no one around, no one knows i am around and no one is the wiser...
2016-1-13
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree this gets old
2016-1-13
Use props
dji-p3p1
lvl.4
Australia

Alternatives?

This looks interesting:
http://www.gizmag.com/prodrone-byrd-drone/39423/

Especially when coupled with this:
http://www.gizmag.com/prodrone-dslr-lifting-consumer-drone/41260/

Any comments?
2016-1-16
Use props
dacofty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061345 ft
  • >>>
United States

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-16 21:55
Alternatives?

This looks interesting:

Im sure those would be great drones,  im also sure the geofencing will be added to them if they already dont have it
2016-1-16
Use props
Phantomen3
lvl.2

Sweden

DJI Geofence? im going over to Walkera to be my next drone, Dji is not worth paying for when it comes to geofence, otherwise i had bought myself another phantom 3 even when i already own a P3 Pro.  But i wont also make any update for the drone and the dji go app. dont want that thing!
2016-1-25
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Phantomen3 Posted at 2016-1-26 06:23
DJI Geofence? im going over to Walkera to be my next drone, Dji is not worth paying for when it com ...

GEO fence lets you fly in just about all the current no-fly zone that you are unable to now, that doesn't work for you?
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

dji-p3p1 Posted at 2016-1-17 13:55
Alternatives?

This looks interesting:

"Any comments?"

Sure, I can see the ProDrone forum now:

"I crashed my ProDrone and it wrecked my Canon 1D-X, will ProDrone replace my drone and camera under warranty. It is their fault, not mine"
2016-1-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-26 09:39
GEO fence lets you fly in just about all the current no-fly zone that you are unable to now, that  ...

I feel for you Ken, that message just does not seem to be getting through.
2016-1-25
Use props
polycord.gmail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 215764 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-13 10:22

With the 1.8 firmware and latest DJI GO APP it is not possible for me to unlock the geofence. I unlocked it on my computer several times unlocking was created but not working even after connecting the tablet to the internet and logging in on my account. Seriously harmed our work as we could not unlock it. Lucky we had a P4 which we used and didn´t ask anything about unlocking geofence. P3 always gave even after unlocking the message "no fly zone"
2016-4-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules