Balancing Propellers
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

This is my first post so I hope I have it on the right forum area.

Do any of you balance your propellers for the dji Phantom 3 line of quadcopters?  If so, are you allowed to mention any particular balancers here without breaking forum rules?  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Chuck

2016-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, many of use do balance our props, the general concensus is that the DuBro balancer is the best one for the job, and you should also order their double-ended balancing shaft as well, as the props on the Phantom are blind holes and need a special shaft.

You will fond several threads on the subject if you search the forum. It is also generally found that the DJI props are fairly well balanced, but can be improved.
2016-1-11
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-11 20:45
Yes, many of use do balance our props, the general concensus is that the DuBro balancer is the best  ...

Gaxeeb

Thank you for your prompt reply.   I  was looking for a "search" heading but didn't see one.  May be my oversight.

Thank you,
Chuck
2016-1-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

goldchucker.wav Posted at 2016-1-12 15:59
Gaxeeb

Thank you for your prompt reply.   I  was looking for a "search" heading but didn't see on ...

Oh yeah, it is one of those 'secret' tricks. Not at all obvious, but it is the tiny magnifying glass icon on the top row of the page.
2016-1-11
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-1-11 21:33
Oh yeah, it is one of those 'secret' tricks. Not at all obvious, but it is the tiny magnifying gla ...

Got it.  Thank you.

Chuck
2016-1-11
Use props
j30trouble
lvl.3
Flight distance : 441010 ft
United States

Anyone know what pitch the threads are on the Phantom 3 motor shafts?
2016-1-31
Use props
Goldchucker
lvl.4
United States

j30trouble Posted at 2016-1-31 16:16
Anyone know what pitch the threads are on the Phantom 3 motor shafts?

Good question.  I'm guessing M6x1.    Shaft size is about 0.232 dia.  The shaft I ordered to use with my Du-Bro prop ballancer is 6mm both CW and CCW.
2016-1-31
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

As Geebax said, the DuBro is the way to go.  If you search for that on Google, the site will have the balancing rod needed and the thread dims.
2016-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules