Firmware upgrade ZIP issue
4367 7 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kristiandreier
lvl.1

Denmark

Hi guys.

I am currently trying to upgrade my Inspire1 to the latest version.
I just did my ywo RC`s - all went well. I like the new download way instead of the old SD card.
I have downloaded the WM610_FW_V01.06.00.40.bin file from DJI`s homepage.

But there is no way I can find to unzip this. I tryed my build in compressor on my mac and 3 others unzipping tools like winzip for mac and two more.

Am I not right that I need to extract this? in the old days there was a bin file and a readme doc?

Does anyone one what to do?

/Kristian.

2016-1-12
Use props
kristiandreier
lvl.1

Denmark

Or could somebody please email me the extracted file?
THX.

/Kristian.
2016-1-12
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
Brazil

kristiandreier Posted at 2016-1-12 20:40
Or could somebody please email me the extracted file?
THX.

Double click on the zip file in MAC should unzip to bin and pdf
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You may need to bea able to view hidden files if you cannot see the BIN file.
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-1-12
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

Spain

You shouldn't need to unzip the file. Just ensure the bin file downloaded from DJI website is the original not a copy, place on the SD card and insert into the gimbal of the machine, power it up and let it do the rest. Ensure the RC is switched off....
2016-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

PCTInspire Posted at 2016-1-13 05:14
You shouldn't need to unzip the file. Just ensure the bin file downloaded from DJI website is the or ...

The file is zipped when downloaded form the website, you need to unzip and copy ONLY the BIN file to the SD card.
2016-1-12
Use props
PCTInspire
lvl.3

Spain

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-12 23:35
The file is zipped when downloaded form the website, you need to unzip and copy ONLY the BIN file  ...

Thanks for the clarification, it's just when he mentioned that he was downloading to his Mac which normally unzips automatically ending with the bin file saved to the likes of the desktop.

Cheers

Phil
2016-1-12
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

PCTInspire Posted at 2016-1-12 14:52
Thanks for the clarification, it's just when he mentioned that he was downloading to his Mac which normally unzips automatically ending with the bin file saved to the likes of the desktop.

Cheers

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but wanted to say thanks to PCTI..... I could not for the life of me remember how I upgraded the Inspire last time, and the downloaded file would just not unzip (apparently), just made another "zip file" with the extension .cpgz added.

Recalled that I just used the .bin file last time and it worked.... what may throw a lot of people (it did me!) is that it DOES auto-extract on a Mac, and the extension.bin is the give away. However what does not help is the file icon is a ZIP icon..... thanks again PCTI
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules