Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Lightbridge - No Video
5536 17 2016-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
grmw
New

United States

A problem just arose after upgrading my Lightbridge to the latest firmware. I started flying my S1000+ and after about 3 minutes the video cut out completely. I brought the drone down, and tried to restart it and do all the troubleshooting that is possible in the field. I couldn't get it to work so I canceled the flight and brought the drone in. I initially thought that it was a cable problem since I was getting a red light on my lightbridge for the video feed. I went and purchased a new HDMI cable, and the red light is still there.
Here's what I know:

- Control part of the Lightbridge works fine still, and has a green light. I checked all the channels and they are all working as expected.
- The light on the reciever for the video feed is red.
- I attempted to re-upgrade the reciever, and got a failure on the Air System Encoder. I attempted to do it again, but this time I cannot get the Air System Encoder to appear in the Lightbridge software. I've attached a picture to show this.
- I also notice that I'm not getting all the control data in the OSD. I see a black screen (because of no video) and I get a 0 or N/A for everything except for the picture quality (which I find hilarious, since the video feed is black...).

This was yesterday and I have now spend a couple hours trying to upgrade the firmware again, switch batteries and search through multiple forums. I cannot find a solution to my problem. Do I need to put in for a repair or someone else seen this problem that has some advice?

I am using a GoPro Hero 3+ and a Sony A6000, which have both worked with this lightbridge before.

Thanks!

Mason
lightbridge.PNG
2016-1-12
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

Similar Problem
2016-1-25
Use props
liorshenhar
New

Israel

hello

any solution for this problem?

i am the same
2016-1-26
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

I have two devices connected to my Android and PC. One is Ok. For all 3 items there are available updates and they show versions of firmwares. Second device only shows Ground System main controller is with update and no video, all lights are green on air and ground stations. Please, could you help us, have the ground station hard reset to default factory setting and firmware versions?
2016-1-26
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

You have a hardware fault in your air side video Tx module.
The red light on the video (and green light on the control side) + the fact that the 'Air system encoder' and 'Air system transmitter' portions of the firmware status are blank.

Like you I have tried swapping cables and craft and these are not at fault. All the faults you describe (no telemetry but the fact that the aircraft will fly - its just blind) are identical.

Thankfully, I have a redundant airside system and it works fine with the same ground unit  and Tx.

I suspect that the electronic components used in the LB1 are sub-standard but lets see what the moderator says about this.

2016-1-26
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI, We need hard reset, please, help us.
2016-1-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>
Singapore

sudya_v@mail.ru Posted at 2016-1-28 04:28
DJI, We need hard reset, please, help us.

You don't get it do you? Its a component failure and not a firmware or software issue.
2016-1-27
Use props
sudya_v
lvl.1

Ukraine

DJI IGNORING CUSTOMER ? WARNING FOR Guys, who want buy DJI products. I am confusion, when ignoring after got a money. My Lightbridge is Trash after 1 year, its a planed demage  ? (I don't do enithing for demage).
2016-1-27
Use props
cnc
New

Germany

I have a similar issue. I receive a video, but no telemetry data except the video frame rate. Did you figure out a solution?
2016-3-12
Use props
willyfan
lvl.1
Italy

I also have a similar problem. My lightbridge, bought only one month ago don't work!! I can see only the fist component firmware in the assistant (for the ground system) and hdmi out and usb connection with phone don't work. And no answer from dji.
2016-5-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

willyfan Posted at 2016-5-3 05:46
I also have a similar problem. My lightbridge, bought only one month ago don't work!! I can see only ...

Hi,
Sorry for the late response!
For Lightbright 1, the HDMI output and USB output are mutual exclusive.
Could you please provide more details about the connections so that we may do any help?
If you need any help, let's discuss the issue in your own thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-51332-1-1.html
Thanks!
2016-5-6
Use props
emanuelevacca

Italy

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... irmware-hack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if  the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
2016-8-9
Use props
emanuelevacca

Italy

this is the solution: http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... sistant-tool.77073/
2016-8-28
Use props
richard.geekazo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62736 ft
Canada

emanuelevacca@l Posted at 2016-8-28 21:12
this is the solution: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware-problem-and-solution ...

A revelation. Thank-you.
2016-8-28
Use props
jon11
lvl.1

Italy

emanuelevacca@l Posted at 2016-8-28 15:12
this is the solution: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/lightbridge-firmware-problem-and-solution ...

for those that don't understand nothing about programming it's impossible to do it....you can do it?
i live in italy too maybe you an help me
2016-10-22
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
  • >>>

jon11@fastwebne Posted at 2016-10-23 01:52
for those that don't understand nothing about programming it's impossible to do it....you can do i ...

Don't waste your time. Send the unit back to DJI. I did and they replaced a board. The LB1 is working fine now.
2016-11-1
Use props
fans624664a0
lvl.1

Italy

Hi

luckily the guy who find the solution live in italy like...i send it to him 50 euro for postage and service and my ground station works like new!!
this speaks volume about dji company...a normal guy can fix something that a corporate don't want fix so you can buy another product...chisese mentality....
and they still sell the light 1 as new...!!
they could have fixed it simply with a firmware update but they wants just money money money!!
2016-12-19
Use props
Flayhay
New

Norway

Hi all, I have a LB1 that stopped working after long term storage.
No connection to the USB device and the same sympthoms as many describe in this or other threads.
It works again after some effort...

- I only get it to connect on a PC running Win7
- Initial connection showed that Air unit was OK, but ground unit only showed one of the 3 firmware versions
- Charge the ground unit fully, then fully discharge, repeat 3 times and then charge.
- All firmware versions now show when coonnected to assistant
- Upgrade all firmware again
- All good for now :-)

Might be worth a try if you have this problem
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules