Did my my signal get jammed?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cdwilson0302
lvl.2

United States

Hi! I'm a beginner to all of this I have a P3 Standard. I was flying in a no-fly zone yesterday (I hadn't updated firmware or the new app). I was warned on my phone (was running on DJI GO) to land due to being near an airport in a restricted zone. After flying away then returning I was warned again. I landed the bird almost right away. As soon as I landed my phone (which had 50% battery) shut off and said no battery. I tried turning it back on and it shut itself off as soon as it was on. I have an iPhone 6s. I was also near an Ari Force base. My phone has NEVER done this before. As soon as I drove off about a mile I tried turning it back on and it stayed on.

Is this just coincidence or did my phone get jammed?

I must sound crazy to the experienced pilot...
2016-1-12
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

hate to say it but these are the reasons why so many rules are being imposed...you should have known if you are near an airport and not to fly..

Crazy is not a word I would use at the moment...

No clue about the jamming, you may have one of the New Beta Phantoms with auto self destruct built in...sequence is queued via the DJI app upon detection of the NFZ...thankfully you got out of the area in time before it went up in smoke?
2016-1-12
Use props
DrACE
lvl.3

United States

The word idiot knows no color, age or sex.  
2016-1-12
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Cdv,

I'm with North on this one. Thank God you got out of there in time!

Jerry
2016-1-12
Use props
[RCG]Balthazar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475371 ft
Norway

Something similar happened to my phone on a vacation in Russia once.
It happened while the train I was on passed some kind of military base and it did spook me a little.
When I got home sifting trough my pictures I noticed something had happened to quite a few of them. Strange_effect_2007-07-29.jpg
Maybe a radar ray (lol) or some kind of radiation flash caused it?
This was one of the very first smartphones ever made and I dont think jammers were even invented back then.
Anyway, a jammer would not cause your phone to turn off only confuse it.
2016-1-12
Use props
cdwilson0302
lvl.2

United States

To be fair it was a very small airport. It's not an airport one would know about unless they  knew it was there. Sort of like a landing site for the local plane owners.
2016-1-12
Use props
cdwilson0302
lvl.2

United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2016-1-12 18:16
Cdv,

I'm with North on this one. Thank God you got out of there in time!

I'm glad I did too! Lesson learned...
2016-1-12
Use props
cdwilson0302
lvl.2

United States

DrACE Posted at 2016-1-12 18:15
The word idiot knows no color, age or sex.

It was an incredibly small airport. You wouldn't even know about it unless you had a plane in one of the hangers.
2016-1-12
Use props
alexdantas.acd
New

Brazil

cdwilson0302 Posted at 2016-1-12 23:47
It was an incredibly small airport. You wouldn't even know about it unless you had a plane in one  ...

Alot of people with same problem.. and me too.. I did solve it.. The DJi doing a new APP Test.. that makes the older version get a No Fly Zone in alot of cities.. but APP still in beta.. and just for android..

you can check at.. http://www.dji.com/mobile/flysafe/geo-system

Works for me .. looks was like my city in the older version>>
And the same as you.. i small airport.. even a airport.. just like for small planes..
2016-1-12
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just coincidence.  
2016-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now