Photo quality of P3 advanced
1486 10 2016-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mfiorelli72
New

Hey Guys,

I'm flying my new phantom 3 advanced by 20 days but I'm quite disappointed by photo quality. Photos seems quite blurry zooming them and in general objects are not in focus.
I was expecting really more details from photos considering the phantom 3 has a sony exmor 12.3 sensor and is advertised as "the fying camera"!
I'm already in contact with support and sent to them some photos but still I have not received a clear answer by them declaring that photo performance of my drone are not good.
So I would like to ask help of community to understand if the degree of details and amount of blur coming out from my photo is standard or I'm having a defective phantom to be replaced.

I'm open to send real files by e-mail to have your opinion and I would like to see some photo (again real files) from some of you to compare degree of detail that I'm getting.

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.
2016-1-13
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1528688 ft
United States

yeah for having a 12mp camera, the pictures that it take are bad, I have had mine for over 5 month now and I think the pictures are just that bad, I have seen other pictures and compared them to mine and they are all the same.  Now you say your pictures are blurry?
1) when you see the pictures are they blurry?
2) or when you zoom in to the pictures are blurry?
2016-1-13
Use props
mfiorelli72
New

Mainly zooming  picture i found no details and all not real in focus .overall picture shot is acceptable.
I made an indoor photo with phantom steady on a table and a paper in front of it (2 meter distance) and what is on the paper is not readable
Moreover I deem that lens aberration in left bottom corner is more than the others.
In any case I would really appreciate if you can give me 1 -2 complete files and  if you want i can send mine.
If you agree we can switch PM.
Thanks
2016-1-13
Use props
mfiorelli72
New

Moreover I would add that is not that easy to figure out, but also full HD videos are not detailed as can be. More difficult to assess but videos of my Nikon D800 are far more detailed.
2016-1-13
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
United States

mfiorelli72 Posted at 2016-1-13 11:23
Moreover I would add that is not that easy to figure out, but also full HD videos are not detailed a ...

go ahead and PM me and ill send you some files later on today
the video has been ok I think but yes my phone video looks as good
I think the video is meant for scenery from up high in the sky but not close.
2016-1-13
Use props
Andriusfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10799291 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have a P3A.
Quality of photos isn't perfect, but not very bad: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iksiukasan/albums/72157660597168305
2016-1-13
Use props
mana.ram.1974
Second Officer
United States

Andriusfoto Posted at 2016-1-13 12:18
I have a P3A.
Quality of photos isn't perfect, but not very bad: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iksiu ...

Nice pictures and you can see that they are ok from far up.
2016-1-13
Use props
lalvar40
lvl.3
Flight distance : 168540 ft
United States

Yes, I would like to make some comparisons, let's interchange good pictures to see if the camera is defective or if this is the quality we can expect. Pls, check out this post: Phantom Pilots
2016-1-13
Use props
Dr. One
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2673110 ft
United States

took me a few different drones to be able to figure out the different camera settings and i think the firmware has been making it better as well..... but my pictures are nothing like the ones in skypixel.  i don't even like going in there cause i get pissed i cant make any of mine look that good. i have good pics but they are on another level. just my 2cents
2016-1-14
Use props
mfiorelli72
New

Italy

Andriusfoto Posted at 2016-1-13 21:18
I have a P3A.
Quality of photos isn't perfect, but not very bad: https://www.flickr.com/photos/iksiu ...

Andrius thanks for reply but photos on flicker cannot be zoomed out.
What I experience is when I zoom it becomes clear that photos are not really in focus and mostly blurry.
We need to exchange some full files I think to understand is such kind of quality is acceptable.
2016-1-14
Use props
mfiorelli72
New

Italy

lalvar40@gmail. Posted at 2016-1-14 04:40
Yes, I would like to make some comparisons, let's interchange good pictures to see if the camera is  ...

Lalvar I'm open to interchange full files, please contact me via PM and we will found a way to exchange photos.

Thanks
2016-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules