Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would you put your Phantom in here?
1343 8 2016-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pantera989
lvl.4

New Zealand

Hi guys, I don't own a car so looking to find a way to transport my Phantom on my motorcyle. I have a 47 litre top case that it fits nicely into, but is it a good idea to actally do it?

I've wrapped the drone  and controller etc in some nice soft towels, and it fits nicely and doesn't move around. Anyone got any better ideas on how to do it, and would you be happy to transport your drone like this? (I have contacted a couple companies about getting a custom foam insert made, but get the feeling it will be very expensive)

Case

Case

Case

Case

Bike & Rack/Mount

Bike & Rack/Mount

2016-1-14
Use props
dji-p3p1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

Just make sure the Camera and Gimbal are not under any pressure, nothing can hit them from below, and are not loose when you bike it... The best (in the short term) is to protect it by using use the plastic Gimbal/camera holder that came with the Quad. Dont put any Towels/packaging directly under the gimbal/camera to hold it - just let the Transparent Plastic Holder do its job.

Also make sure when you pack the controller, the sticks are not under any pressure - i.e nothing touching and pushing them.

Packaginging/towels on the sides and top of the P3 are ok as long as they dont press Too Hard against the quad. - Other than that it looks fine.

2016-1-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I rYde a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster and find the @DJI hardshell backpack a perfect solution to caring and carrying my drone in safety and comfort.
Certainly there are numerous options and designs that others prefer, but this is an awesome system, for the price. Very tidy.

Nice bike you have, by the way. Sweet scooter.
You might find some pick and pull foam to make yourself a custom fit insert for that cargo carrier, for your drone.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-14
Use props
dji-p3p1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 534970 ft
Australia

With Regards to a foam insert.., I dont know if you have Clark Rubber (or equivalent outlet) in NZ... But the one near me in Melbourne do Foam inserts of various sizes, with some that are precut to have have removable cubes, so you can make you own inserts.

Also, as mentioned by RedHot Poker, they have them here: http://www.caseline.com.au/page/picknpluck-foam/
2016-1-14
Use props
pantera989
lvl.4

New Zealand

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-1-15 15:24
I rYde a '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S Roadster and find the @DJI hardshell backpack a perfect solution to  ...

Thanks RedHotPoker, that bag looks like the best I've seen so far, most seem to be nearly twice as wide as they need to be. I'm guessing your ride is probably a bit more upright position then mine, but then again I've worn some pretty big bags on mine before.

Looking at the measurements of that bag, there's a possibility it might even fit into the topbox, and I wouldn't be surprised if I had to pay that much for a custom foam insert anyway.
2016-1-15
Use props
kirk2579
First Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

nice way to travel!

this would fit inside your case . while not something that is very sturdy it seems it would function here perfectly. plus to carry it inside is simple. all in one pack!

http://www.helipal.com/storm-pro ... e20vlYPzhoCygXw_wcB
2016-1-15
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Pantera,

I've been hauling my Phantoms around on several of my Harley's for quite some time. Don't have many recent pictures but have a few old ones. I can pretty much get everything I need in my smaller backpack but on most of my shorter daily rides the big one works just as well and I can haul it with props on. Here's a pick of the BP on my Harley Ultra. Works great...

Jerry

Bike

Bike
2016-1-15
Use props
4wd
First Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It could be very jarring in there depending on type of bike.
My road bike has relatively hard suspension and I wouldn't like it in a box even if I had one.
But my trail bike is rather more bouncy and smooths out bumps well.
I prefer my phantom in a backpack if I take it on either.
2016-1-15
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The SpYder RS-S is a sport bike, not a highway cruiser. So I do lean forward quite a bit, but I have long arms so can lean back as well. ;-)
The @DJI backpack is very comfortable, and yet, extremely rugged. They cost as much as  many of those hard side cases, but much more easy to carry and store.

Hopefully you find a suitable solution for your ease of use and comfort as well.

RedHotPoker
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules