Anyone ever get this warning?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

It says "Motor obstructed". I got this towards the end of my flight. The compass error is due to the fact that the P3A is sitting on the tailgate of my truck. When i got the message, nothing changed in the flight characteristics of the Quad, and I was able to land with no problems. It was 39F out, so a little on the chilly side, but when I shut down everything, I removed the battery, and then manually spun the motors. They all feel the same. Today I took the props off and let it idle and just listened to the motors. Everything sounds the same, and no warning message on the app. Thoughts?

PhantomScreenShot.jpg
2016-1-15
Use props
hummingbird.uav
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, happens when the motor is drawing too much power caused by a flip or in your case a grain of sand blowing up from inside the truck bed and getting into the motor.  Invert the phantom and slowly turn each prop to dislodge the blockage and ensure that each prop turns freely.
2016-1-15
Use props
bill
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13946959 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess something got into the motor in the air. For the record I never run the Phantom in the truck bed. There is too much interference from all the metal. I have taken off many times on the road however and there has been a cloud of dust that gets kicked up. Whatever got in there is gone now.
2016-1-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

bill@prestondev Posted at 2016-1-16 00:53
I guess something got into the motor in the air. For the record I never run the Phantom in the truck ...

It's pretty incredible the sensors and technology these things have.
2016-1-15
Use props
cacollins0220
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294016 ft
United States

Agreed...

I have seen this error. something got in the motor. cleared it out and never had any problems.
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules