How do you download data logs.
16526 10 2016-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

Hi there

New to all this but how do you down oad data/flight logs.

I've gone to "Advance Settings" entered 'Flight Data Mode', connected my Phamtom to my laptop (Apple Mac Book Air) via the USB cable port on the Pantom at the front under its name plate.  

Nothing shows on my laptop.

Am I missing something?  Obviously I must be.  Can anyone help

Cheers

2016-1-15
Use props
p.chriscaldwell
New

United States

Here is one tutorial http://support.dronesmadeeasy.com/hc/en-us/articles/206171443-How-to-download-flight-data-logs-from-the-DJI-Phantom-3-and-Inspire-1
2016-1-15
Use props
p.chriscaldwell
New

United States

This is also a good site to review stats. https://healthydrones.com
2016-1-15
Use props
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

Thanks for those 2 links.  I saw the first one already but at #5 it doesn't explain where you see the information/data.  Do I have to get some software.  The laptop doesn't even acknowledge the connection.  When I connect to the gimble usb for downloading the video files its fine, so its not the cable.
2016-1-15
Use props
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

p.chriscaldwell Posted at 2016-1-16 11:10
This is also a good site to review stats. https://healthydrones.com

Thanks for those 2 links.  I saw the first one already but at #5 it doesn't explain where you see the information/data.  Do I have to get some software.  The laptop doesn't even acknowledge the connection.  When I connect to the gimble usb for downloading the video files its fine, so its not the cable.
2016-1-15
Use props
jaycee
lvl.2

China

rdog Posted at 2016-1-16 11:42
Thanks for those 2 links.  I saw the first one already but at #5 it doesn't explain where you see  ...

hi. connect it to the aircraft front micro usb port and not the camera. cheers.
2016-1-15
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

rdog Posted at 2016-1-16 11:42
Thanks for those 2 links.  I saw the first one already but at #5 it doesn't explain where you see  ...

rdog,
    Our P3 generates two flight logs. The first is generated on our mobile device as a .TXT log. This log can be seen/played back in the GO App when you click on the paper plane icon in the upper left of the Camera View screen. These .TXT logs contain a lot of information and sites like Healthy Drones can read and analyze these logs further.
   The second flight logs that you are trying to access are like an airplane's blackbox Flight Data Recorder and are saved on an internal 4GB SD Card built-in to the Main Controller board. I've found that I must enable access in the GO App, the aircraft will start beeping and then if I plug the USB into my computer then the computer will recognize it as a data device. In other words, your laptop must recognize the P3 as a data device. These internal logs are .DAT log files and are binary. These files were designed by DJI to provide very detailed telemetry on each and every flight. The P3 performs circular logging and will delete the oldest logs when space is needed. Because these files are binary, you need a decoder to read these files. The following sites can decode your DAT files and provide formatted data as CSV files or other formats:
DJI Log Converter
Maps Made Easy
Fly Log

The rest of the sites typically use the TXT files and will not decode DAT files.

2016-1-15
Use props
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-16 12:17
rdog,
    Our P3 generates two flight logs. The first is generated on our mobile device as a .TXT  ...

Terry
It seems my problem is in getting my MacBook air to recognise my Phantom in data mode.   Then I can see the files to download them.  I might try a Windows laptop instead

Thanks for the info
2016-1-15
Use props
rdog
lvl.1

Australia

terrylewis Posted at 2016-1-16 12:17
rdog,
    Our P3 generates two flight logs. The first is generated on our mobile device as a .TXT  ...

Good news is that the Windows laptop recognises the P3.  I'm downloading now but it is slow.  At least I know I can do it.  Just wonder why the apple dosn't see it
2016-1-15
Use props
terrylewis
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

rdog Posted at 2016-1-16 13:33
Good news is that the Windows laptop recognises the P3.  I'm downloading now but it is slow.  At l ...

Excellent! Both platforms use a standard USB driver - there's nothing special required there. I know that even in windows I've had to remove the USB cable from the laptop and re-insert it for the system to recognize there's a data connection on the other end and load the driver....
2016-1-16
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft
United States

rdog Posted at 2016-1-15 21:33
Good news is that the Windows laptop recognises the P3.  I'm downloading now but it is slow.  At least I know I can do it.  Just wonder why the apple dosn't see it

I found the same thing - my iMac did not see the drive, but my Toshiba did.  I used DJI Log Converter (as suggested above), which worked very well.  I wonder why the Latitude and Longitude columns are listed in reverse order.  
2017-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules