Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji prop guards
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

To those of you who incorporate blade guards on your Phantom 3's.    Do you use the string that is packaged with the guards?  Does it serve any real functional purpose?  I have never seen it on any of the videos posted on the web.  Thank you.

Chuck
2016-1-15
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Chuck,

The string is for the complete design and as you noted few fliers use them.  The string keeps thin vertical obstacles from going between the arms and blades.  Outside fliers tend to think that they will hang up on more things than they keep out and indoor fliers tend to think they are just not needed.

Hope this helps.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-1-16
Use props
goldchucker.wav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2016-1-16 00:36
Aloha Chuck,

The string is for the complete design and as you noted few fliers use them.  The  ...

Cetaman

Thank you for that prompt reply.  Your answer confirmed my suspicion.  It seems like a misfortune looking for a place to happen; especially around trees.

Chuck
2016-1-16
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

I believe the string is there to prevent twigs and small branches from getting into the props.  Is it necessary?  In my opinion the prop guards are unnecessary, unless you're flying indoors or between buildings or structures of some sort.
I've installed prop guards on my Phantom and I am removing them.   I believe they degrade performance in windy conditions and I sometimes notice wobble during rapid descent.  For me, I believe they are more trouble then they are worth.
2016-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules